Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver - The Offical In-Game Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I foolishly saved after Steven announced Latios was available. After capturing and resetting a few times, I realized the nature was set.. and Bashful it was.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
I can now confirm the PokeWalker has Surfing Pikachu as one of the !!! rares.

Lv.14 Pikachu@Lum Berry: Surf / Thunderbolt / Thunder Wave / Quick Attack.

The two natures I've found are Calm and Naughty, thus far. So, no more just-Hardy Surfing Pikachu.

When I meet Jasmine outside of the Gym? I followed what Serebii said and it didn't work. Do I need to do something?

The two natures I've found are Calm and Naughty, thus far. So, no more just-Hardy Surfing Pikachu.
There was always a fixed nature Modest one in Japan sometime ago...

Naughty could be nice for a mix set.....

Pikachu@ Light Ball; Volt tackle, Surf, Fakeout/Something, Brickbreak/Something
Mixed NU sweeper anyone?

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
is a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Naughty could be nice for a mix set.....

Pikachu@ Light Ball; Volt tackle, Surf, Fakeout/Something, Brickbreak/Something
Mixed NU sweeper anyone?
Problem is - no Volt Tackle on Lorak's Surfchu. It seems Volt Tackle Surfchus are still stuck with Hardy...

Volt Tackle Surfchu sounds epic.
It'd be alright in NU for sure, but it still doesn't stop the fact that you can kick it and it will faint.

Anyways, just a heads up for the Sandshrew vs Ekans thing:
If you want the other version exclusive real bad, like if you are playing SS and want a Sandshrew, you can simply purchase one at the Game Corner for some cheap amount. Same goes for Ekans in HG.

Yeah kinda weird

Also Venonat is one weak bastard, took me 3 hours to get up to par with my team. Anyways, he'll be sweeping the E4 with Signal Beam / Psychic, so its all cool

Also, I heard someone say something about Rock Smash giving Items. Well, Ive found quite a few in the early parts of the game from smashing rocks. It appears that only certain rocks give you items, and amongst those, it can give one of many items. Items I have got so far include Heart Scales, Shards (Yellow so far) and stuff like Max Ethers
Furthermore, you can exit and enter the area to respawn the rock, and you can smash them AGAIN to get an item
So effectively, just smash a rock, get the item, re-enter, smash again, repeat etc to get as many Heart Scales, Shards and other items that are yet to be discovered
List of rocks so far:

Rock north of PC in Violet City
2 rocks just beside the north entrance to Ruins of Alph

Yeah thats all I have so far ^^ ;

EDIT: Heres the serebii page: http://serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/rocksmash.shtml
Interesting things include Shards, Scales and the original Fossils. Others are Revive, Max Revive, Ether and Max Ether

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Anyways, just a heads up for the Sandshrew vs Ekans thing:
If you want the other version exclusive real bad, like if you are playing SS and want a Sandshrew, you can simply purchase one at the Game Corner for some cheap amount. Same goes for Ekans in HG.
Or you could get one at the Safari Zone.

And Lorak, is the Surchu you get soft-resettable? Are the IVs/nature set when you catch it in Pokéwalker, or are they generated when it's transferred to HGSS?

Can I fight with another gym leaders many times I want?
Once they're in the Dojo, you can rematch them once per week.

And Lorak, is the Surchu you get soft-resettable? Are the IVs/nature set when you catch it in Pokéwalker, or are they generated when it's transferred to HGSS?
No. Once you catch a Pokemon in the Pokewalker, it just sits there (not sure if the IVs and such are actually set at this point, but you can't do anything with it except see that it's a Pikachu, so it doesn't matter). Then, when you transfer the Pokemon back, they're put directly into the first open box--no Pokemart guy or anything. So, there's no chance to soft-reset them. You just have to try getting another if it's not what you're looking for.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
No. Once you catch a Pokemon in the Pokewalker, it just sits there (not sure if the IVs and such are actually set at this point, but you can't do anything with it except see that it's a Pikachu, so it doesn't matter). Then, when you transfer the Pokemon back, they're put directly into the first open box--no Pokemart guy or anything. So, there's no chance to soft-reset them. You just have to try getting another if it's not what you're looking for.
That. I lucked out with a half-decent one:
Naughty #25 Pikachu: 8 / 27 / 11 / 31 / 30 / 10

Really easy question that is probably answered somewhere already, but is there going to be a remake of Emerald as well?
First off, these are Gold/Silver remakes, so why would they put emerald in there? And no, but there will probably be Ruby and Saphire remakes.

If you meant crystal, then no, because there was no lightning yellow and this game has many crystal features anyway, like e-speed dratini.

Don't bother trading over a Feebas; there are no contests and thus no Poffins in HGSS. Mostly likely there's no way to evolve it at all, ala FRLG.

Srsly i do not get how obsessed some of you guys are... resetting because the IV's arent perfect. It's a bloody game. IVs mean nothing in game and even competitively the game relies on luck. Discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)