Pokémon Let's Go! - Pikachu and Eevee

Fluke you mentioned the graphics being awesome, but while an improvement, they just feel like the graphics from XY- just in HD. They could have at least stuck to the SM models, but they decided to use Chibi for the sake of younger kids- really compromises what they could have done. Pokemon really seems to be relying on its brand name for Let's Go to suceed. The one thing I will praise it for is it that the protagonists actually show more emotion than the 3DS games.
I agree with almost everything you said, but not with this. Chibi just for the sake of younger kids? Just no. I'm 25 years old and I absolutely LOVE chibi designs and I know tons of other 20+ aged people do as well. I prefer to play a chibi game rather than a game that tries hard to look as real as possible but isn't quite it. As for the graphics, the fact that I really like the graphics is just personal. I just love the way it looks, nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited:
4. Masuda Interviews: Masuda's interviews is what offically convinced me Not to buy this game. For Starters, he thinks that Mobile games are the main competition yet on the other hand, he’s developing this game for kids who don't have mobile games. That's just huge contradiction. Speaking of which, fact GF considers mobile games competition- that's really concerning since games will be dumbed down significantly.
I just wanted to go over this part for a moment, to say that unfortunately, this isn't something strictly related to GameFreaks, Matsuda or Nintendo.

I'll just post a image that speaks for itself:
1541854921176.png

Did you just say Arms is as good as BotW?
Also why do people keep calling it easy when they havent even played it? No second gym leader comes close to Misty's Starmie, maybe except Watchog

I was about to say that as well. I literally lmao'd.

I feel he's just fearmongering at this point. Let's indeed not make assumptions until we've actually seen it ourselves.
I think it will end up heavily based on how much you catch
Stupidly difficult if you dont catch anything besides your party, stupidly easy if you complete the dex

I don’t get it.
Blizzard just got into a shitstorm due to Diablo Immortal announcement in similar fashion, trying to bring a mobile game to people who don't even remotely care of mobile games.

It may not look like it, but there's several companies doing this, due to how much mobile games appeal to asiatic market.

Did you just say Arms is as good as BotW?
Also why do people keep calling it easy when they havent even played it? No second gym leader comes close to Misty's Starmie, maybe except Watchog
That wasn’t my point. My point was that Breath of the Wild and Arms look a lot more definitive and worth 60 bucks unlike Let’s Go. Of course, there’s no way to figure that out until the game launches next week.

The interviews Masuda gave saying that Th game was made ‘ easier ‘ to progress strong implies that Let’s Go has been made been much easier, even though we haven’t played it. There’s also things like 2 vs 1 Coop and Gym requirements which also scream ‘easy’

EDIT: People shouldn’t have to limit to using mechanics to create a challenging game. That’s like saying your going to do any trainer battles Because you don’t want experience to make it harder. A good challenging game should have you use all mechanics to full potential while still remaining a good challenge.

That wasn’t my point. My point was that Breath of the Wild and Arms look a lot more definitive and worth 60 bucks unlike Let’s Go. Of course, there’s no way to figure that out until the game launches next week.

The interviews Masuda gave saying that Th game was made ‘ easier ‘ to progress strong implies that Let’s Go has been made been much easier, even though we haven’t played it. There’s also things like 2 vs 1 Coop and Gym requirements which also scream ‘easy’

EDIT: People shouldn’t have to limit to using mechanics to create a challenging game. That’s like saying your going to do any trainer battles Because you don’t want experience to make it harder. A good challenging game should have you use all mechanics to full potential while still remaining a good challenge.
Just because you can make it easy it doesnt mean the game cant offer any challenge
Since stuff like the EXP Share, switching Pokemon before they send it in, coop or Refresh/Amie is easily neglected, I would consider a playthrough without these things to be the standard, regular difficutly (and please, Arms isnt even nearly as good)

1541892969545.png

Through a screenshot added to the japanese website, it seems that in Let's Go we can FINALLY skip cutscenes.

Isn't it funny how some of the most divisive Pokemon games ever has several quality-of-life features many have been asking for a long time?

That being said, it is a toggle option, so you either skip all cutscenes or not at all.

View attachment 145349
Through a screenshot added to the japanese website, it seems that in Let's Go we can FINALLY skip cutscenes.

Isn't it funny how some of the most divisive Pokemon games ever has several quality-of-life features many have been asking for a long time?

That being said, it is a toggle option, so you either skip all cutscenes or not at all.
FWIW it's ムービースキップ (movie skip), the one above BGM.

Wow, that's certainly a step in the right direction. Can tutorials be next?

View attachment 145349

Most likely, this will carry to future installments. Sweet!

And what about that BGM? Is that a Sound Test option? That's nice too.

I agree with almost everything you said, but not with this. Chibi just for the sake of younger kids? Just no. I'm 25 years old and I absolutely LOVE chibi designs and I know tons of other 20+ aged people do as well. I prefer to play a chibi game rather than a game that tries hard to look as real as possible but isn't quite it. As for the graphics, the fact that I really like the graphics is just personal. I just love the way it looks, nothing more, nothing less.
In my opinion the chibi models were done well in ORAS and XY. Here they look too whimsical, bright eyed, and their heads too big, or maybe the cutscenes make them look too big.

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I don't think it's possible to predict Reginut's tiering rn. It's stuck in a metagame with the 151 original Pokémon + the retcons, and unless some patch is released that allows Pokémon to be transferred from Go to usum is released, it'll be in a limbo, as it's impossible to predict what Gen 8 will bring. RN it counters almost every Psychic-type in the game bar Slowbro and possibly Starmie (although it's possible Reginut gets Thunderpunch / Thunderbolt) because RIP Focus Miss and the damage output of almost all non-mega Pokémon available is extremely low, especially unstabbed, itemless SE moves. If a LGOU happen to exist, I'd guess it would be too overcentralizing and banned, especially if it gets Recover (it's liquid so I think this is a possibility, as well as Acid Armor).

I predict it to be OU and it might cause a rise in Helmet Ferrothorn usage, just as Kanga did when it was OU.
It's too slow with too little special defense to be that much of a centralizing poke as it is.

We surely won't know until gen 8 (as it's unlikely it ever gets in USUM, so by policy it won't be available in the regular OU ladder until gen 8 releases), but it is exploitable by big special threats and vulnerable to get burned or paralyzed. Unless gen 8 brings something that makes Trick Room as a reliable singles strategy, obviously.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor

Game design as if described by Terry Pratchett. It looks like a deliberate and begrudging attempt to implement the feature as stupidly as possible. Or it could be sheer incompetence, which seems like the more likely option at this point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)