Pokémon Rumble World

I got a Fantastic ~2160 Mewtwo, which, unlike my two rusty Pokemon Dialga and Xerneas, came with a terrible set of traits - Feisty/Mighty/Snappy/Resilient/Gutsy/Steady. Steady means I can't set up, and Feisty messes up my Psystrike chaining. Currently looking for workarounds and Im tossing in Focus Punch/Psystrike in the meantime w/ Mewtwonite X. Now Focus Punch has completely absurd amounts of power (it's stronger than Roar of Time, which in turn is more than twice as powerful as Precipice Blades), and Steady fixes its startup, and maybe I can make use of Feisty to make it harder for enemies to retaliate. Idk

Hopefully that'll come in handy for the rank 78 challenge which i hear is EXTREMELY difficult. The rank 75 challenge was already pretty daunting so I'm scared. I got like 60something Mewtwos yesterday trying to get one with Snappy and a lot of my pokediamonds went down the drain :(.

Speaking of signature moves I'll list some of my experiences with them

Psystrike - Awfully slow without Snappy, ridiculously spammable with it. With Snappy you can just stunlock people for days while vaporizing them, but without it, not only do you lose that stunlocking ability, you also lose substantial mobility due to the long cast time. My 1684 Mewtwo remained better at Psystriking than my 2204 Healthy+ one. 3/5

Aeroblast - Never tried it. Looks okay though. Also not listing other moves I haven't tried.

Sacred Fire - The hitbox is unforgivingly small and it's kinda slow =/. 2/5

Origin Pulse - Monstrous. Covers like everything but unfortunately has a noticeable windup and endlag and the move has several blindspots which gets annoying. Extremely fun to destroy stages with. 4.5/5

Precipice Blades - Pretty op. Instant wide ranged AoE and is relatively spammable. Moderately powerful, although pales in comparison to the likes of Roar of Time or Draco Meteor. 5/5

Dragon Ascent - This move can never replace the brokenness of original rumble Sky Attack, even though it looks similar (fast powerful charge in Flying attack). Defense drop hurts when you're charging in. Requires Protect to go alongside it to do much in. I guess it's a free megastone for Rayquaza though. 2/5

Roar of Time - Slow, but insanely powerful and covers such a massive area. From my experience, Precipice Blades does approximately 2/5ths of its damage, which is pretty insane. Decent neutral coverage, pretty fun to spam with Snappy. 4.5/5

Spacial Rend - Seems a bit laggy 3/5

Shadow Force - This is that move that annoys you when the bosses run it, due to extended invincibility time during their longer chargeup. Pretty meh otherwise. You charge in after some startup duration and uhh...that's it. 3/5

Judgment - Incredible move with absurd range and tracking power. It's also multihit and the bullets can curve if it follows a target that's already dead, potentially giving you a lot of bullets on the screen at once. Only downside is that, since it isn't exactly an AoE move (it's just a single target move that can hit multiple times or multitarget to some extent), it's not very good at clearing out waves. 4.5/5

Fusion Bolt - Fast charge in but has a laggy finish so I don't know. Seems meh 3.5/5

Bolt Strike - Electric Zen Headbutt? Seems like it could be decent but I havent used it because I don't have it. It is a charge in move though so that's still a downside. Startup lag may be noticeable, but the range and speed seems promising, along with power and para change.

Fusion Flare - This move blows 1/5

Blue Flare - This is what happens when you combine Origin Pulse and Judgment together. You get homing, exploding blue fireballs that seem to set the entire stage on fire. Slow startup though, and not very good when used up close. 4.5/5

Glaciate - What's so special about this move? 3/5

Geomancy - So uh this is Bulk Up that also increases your Speed. Fast cast time and grants a great set of boosts. 5/5

Oblivion Wing - Long ranged beam with decent power. Gives Yveltal a ton of sustain which is nice, although it's not all that powerful and is a bit laggy. 4/5

Land's Wrath - Seems too short ranged to be able to do much.

Diamond Storm - Free Defense boost is nice. Okay sized AoE with what seems like a fast cast time. Haven't tried it myself though.
Having just gotten a rather good Ho-oh and been spamming Sacred Fire I don't think it's THAT slow. I'll agree that the hitbox is weird and extremely linear until it's suddenly wide but I haven't had much trouble with that. What's really nice is the high burn chance which is a great way at whittling down bosses and other enemies. It also has a decent range and spread for chipping yourself into mobs from afar.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
From my experience of this game, it is fun to the point where I'd be happy to pay the $30-$40 that 3000 diamonds cost. Ironically, I've decided to see how long I can enjoy the game without buying Diamonds and I'm not sure if my sanity can take the cooldowns much longer.

Anyway, the game's been out for awhile so everyone probably knows about this, but each balloon is guarantee to be able to take you to at least area that has a Pokemon you haven't captured yet unless you've captured them all. For example: The only Pokemon is the Gold Plateau I haven't gotten is Typhlosion and he only appears when his section has 2 Star, so that area will have 2 Stars until I catch Typhlosion. (Which is bad news if I want another Ho-oh)

Also, I have a tip for fighting Groudon. Screw Groudon! Harvest the infinite Darmanitan! Especially the Zen Mode ones. Those things are insane for nonlegendary Pokemon. Groudon killed me last time I fought him, but I got a ~1450 Punchy+ Zen Mode Darmanitan out of the fight so I'm very happy with that fight. Zen Headbutt from that thing might be more powerful than Roar of Time from my ~1500 Dialga, even after Dialga uses Hone Claws.

EDIT: I found out there's no loophole in the 3DS's design that allows you to have a save file that's a new one, but with 3000 Diamonds bought, and load a copy of that save when you want to start over. (It's probably a good thing because it prevents piracy, but it's still annoying) I'd rather not pay $30-$40 for 3000 Diamonds for EACH time I want to start over.

Last edited:
Was lucky enough to get a sparkling 1473 Zekrom on my first time on his stage. Unfortunately he wrecked one of my mons so I had to pay the 2 gems, but it was worth it imo. Fusion Bolt is odd, I feel like Zekrom is ice skating when I use it.

I've just downloaded Rumble World yesterday, but so far, it has proven entertaining. I'm going to be going through those passwords, and getting more Pokémon that way. Maybe I'll be better prepared for the Magician next time that way.

I'm currentlylevel 50 ! Finally getting my first epic pokemon (bad traits) ... I still didnt find a good gutsy pokemon with high crit moves + focus energy

I'm currentlylevel 50 ! Finally getting my first epic pokemon (bad traits) ... I still didnt find a good gutsy pokemon with high crit moves + focus energy
I'd recommend the combination of Endeavor and Gutsy with another attack move. Endeavor almost never kills a Pokemon because of its mechanic, but since it damages (1 point if you have the same or more health) them they can still wobble, at which point you want to knock them out. Focus Energy and high crit strategy I don't trust to consistency n case I know the boss out too soon, or at least I carry an Endeavor mon as a back up

How do you earn more diamonds without having to pay for them? Can you get more diamonds by repeating the King's Requests? Because until I get more diamonds, I won't be able to buy any more balloons.

I'd recommend the combination of Endeavor and Gutsy with another attack move. Endeavor almost never kills a Pokemon because of its mechanic, but since it damages (1 point if you have the same or more health) them they can still wobble, at which point you want to knock them out. Focus Energy and high crit strategy I don't trust to consistency n case I know the boss out too soon, or at least I carry an Endeavor mon as a back up
i should try that

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
King's requests, Streetpass, Spotpass, and the "Call Someone Online" function under visitors all grant you PokeDiamonds. More PokeDiamonds can be obtained by rescuing Miis on stages. I believe you can get upwards to ~300 PokeDiamonds from completing the King's challenges alone. You get 1 Diamond for every 5 Mii visits, and each Mii you rescue may hand you 1 Diamond (or 2-3 but those are incredibly rare. Also note that you're not even guaranteed to get a diamond). You can probably get ~6 per day not counting the King's challenges (as that's not infinite), if you tried (will probably need a lot of friend code swapping though).

Be warned that that this game can eat up a -LOT- of PokeDiamonds and people who have paid for the 3000 diamonds will still find themselves running out, even with the +20 per day. Later rank Trees can cost 200+ diamonds, for example.

King's requests, Streetpass, Spotpass, and the "Call Someone Online" function under visitors all grant you PokeDiamonds. More PokeDiamonds can be obtained by rescuing Miis on stages. I believe you can get upwards to ~300 PokeDiamonds from completing the King's challenges alone. You get 1 Diamond for every 5 Mii visits, and each Mii you rescue may hand you 1 Diamond (or 2-3 but those are incredibly rare. Also note that you're not even guaranteed to get a diamond). You can probably get ~6 per day not counting the King's challenges (as that's not infinite), if you tried (will probably need a lot of friend code swapping though).

Be warned that that this game can eat up a -LOT- of PokeDiamonds and people who have paid for the 3000 diamonds will still find themselves running out, even with the +20 per day. Later rank Trees can cost 200+ diamonds, for example.
Let's assume the only thing I'm seeking to explicitly grind/farm diamonds for are the Balloons (the trees I'm not too concerned with since the Balloons are what unlock new content). How many diamonds does it take to purchase every Balloon in the game? I bought the 250 that were on sale just because I had some spare change left over from redeeming a card, so combined with the King's challenges that equates to 550 diamonds in game (minus around 20 I spent to increase my capacity with houses). I notice the later Balloons have a significantly higher pricing curve despite the rate earning diamonds not increasing. Inevitably the game expects you to buy some at least unless you want to earn the last ones at a glacial pace, but how many does it expect you to buy if you earn all ~300 of the King's?

Jibaku

is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
You're gonna need those balloons to even complete the challenges barring extremely lucky miis and absurdly powerful legendaries that can carry you through them. People are trying to find out what contributes to the stages the miis offer to take you to.

I think the game expects you to buy ~1500 for balloon stuff and minor extra expenses.

Personal experiences with moves:

Earthquake: Very laggy, and if a move is used after it (regardless of EQ or other move), it's also very laggy. Does have good power and range. 3/5

Draining Kiss: For whatever, reason, it's like 4-5 stars. Illogical power aside, it's probably the best draining move in the game. Quick, powerful, and, well, a good recovery move. 5/5

Searing Shot: Homing and burn chance are nice, but is extremely laggy. 2.9/5

Origin Pulse: Dumbed down a bit. Pretty powerful move, but it's fairly hard to hit (at least to me). Still a good move with explosive properties. 3.4/5

Hyper Voice: Not the most powerful, but is fairly quick and has excellent range. 4/5

Well, it turns out that redoing the King's Requests does not give you new diamonds, so I'm going to use them very sparingly.

Last edited:

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Because you get 10 free Diamonds when you've been connected to the internet the same time as a friend 1, 5, or 10 times, (They also have to different people) I've been wondering if it's okay to ask to exchange friend codes for Free Diamonds here or if it's better to ask in the WiFi section's SQSA. I'm not sure which is the right area to ask because the WiFi section feels like it's for the main series games. (P.S. If anyone wants to friend me for Diamonds, feel free to VM me.)

Well, it turns out that redoing the King's Requests do not give you new diamonds, so I'm going to use them very sparingly.
You get Diamonds for doing the objectives you haven't done yet, (Completing the mission is the one that gives the most) and to get the complete in Hard Mode one you have to replay it, so there is somewhat worth it to replay them.

Personal experiences with moves:

Earthquake: Very laggy, and if a move is used after it (regardless of EQ or other move), it's also very laggy. Does have good power and range. 3/5

Draining Kiss: For whatever, reason, it's like 4-5 stars. Illogical power aside, it's probably the best draining move in the game. Quick, powerful, and, well, a good recovery move. 5/5

Searing Shot: Homing and burn chance are nice, but is extremely laggy. 2.9/5

Origin Pulse: Dumbed down a bit. Pretty powerful move, but it's fairly hard to hit (at least to me). Still a good move with explosive properties. 3.4/5

Hyper Voice: Not the most powerful, but is fairly quick and has excellent range. 4/5
Now that I've got and used Origin Pulse, I have my own opinion - it's only good for mobs. It's long wide range and explosive and multi-hit properties is great when it comes to breaking into mobs. One-on-one and bosses it's pretty terrible unless you have the type advantage then suddenly it becomes great.

Because you get 10 free Diamonds when you've been connected to the internet the same time as a friend 1, 5, or 10 times, (They also have to different people) I've been wondering if it's okay to ask to exchange friend codes for Free Diamonds here or if it's better to ask in the WiFi section's SQSA. I'm not sure which is the right area to ask because the WiFi section feels like it's for the main series games. (P.S. If anyone wants to friend me for Diamonds, feel free to VM me.)

You get Diamonds for doing the objectives you haven't done yet, (Completing the mission is the one that gives the most) and to get the complete in Hard Mode one you have to replay it, so there is somewhat worth it to replay them.
Yeah, I kinda figured that out, though as I've discovered, completing it in Hard Mode makes the first play seem like a cake walk (which I guess it is, if you have the type advantage). I made the mistake of thinking I could go in with Zoroark and sweep the Magician, Hard Mode or not. Instead, his Mega Alakazam swept Zoroark aside like he was nothing (albeit I was at half health).

I'll take you up on your offer tomorrow. I don't feel like doing it tonight.

Jibaku

Some more move opinions and stuff, and a few updates:

Aeroblast: This does more damage than I thought. Pretty good overall and it's easy to get 3 hits. 3.5/5

Origin Pulse: At this stage of the game it's pretty meh. It's not even strong anymore and the blind spots are annoying. 3.5/5 (Down from 4.5)

Precipice Blades: Pretty weak now but still fast and covers a wide AoE. 3.5/5 (Down from 5)

Doom Desire: This thing is really hard to aim and doesn't do much dmg anyway. 2/5

Roar of Time: Pretty sure this is the best attack in the game. Massive AoE with ridiculous damage. Startup lag can be patched with Snappy or Hone Claws. Or you can get a Slugger one and just bomb the screen. 5/5

Spacial Rend: AoE range nerfed since the original rumble, but it's pretty fast now. Not exactly strong though. 3/5

Shadow Force: Okay this move is better than I thought. It hits extremely hard and the invincibility -> blink with minimal end lag means Giratina can zip in and out without leaving itself too vulnerable (Both Giratina formes are also insanely bulky so you have a lot of breathing room). Shadow Force's startup invincibilty allows Giratina to take full advantage of the long startup bug that occurs when you switch from A to B, usually involving boosting moves I think. Also this move's hitbox is very forgiving. Run this with Hone Claws or Calm Mind and it'll serve you well. Bonus for hitting through Protect/Spiky Shield, although Giratina still takes recoil from the latter. 4/5

Bolt Strike: This move is super strong...if you land all 4 hits. Problem is that's near impossible and most of the time you're landing 1-2 even on giant bosses. It does give Zekrom a lot of mobility though, and the paralysis is nice. 2.5/5

Blue Flare: Pretty fun to spam with satisfying sound effects and decent damage + burn. Lag and slow projectile travel is annoying. Very good range. 3.5/5

Freeze Shock: It's like Moonblast except it deals a lot more damage and paralyzes. Hitbox sucks though. 2.5/5

Oblivion Wing: Pretty laggy and Yveltal isn't the fastest mon to kite with. Usually not worth it tbh. Just get Protect + Sky Attack. 2.5/5

Last edited:
Out of curiousity, how laggy is Dragon Rush without Snappy? I got an Excellent Hydreigon (it was Rusty when I first got it), it had Snappy, and it's very quick for me.

Jibaku

Dragon Rush w/o Snappy has some startup lag but it's bearable.

Anyways, on to World Championship X

Got as far as the final wave and destroyed most of the final wave of minions before running out of time.

Current setup:

2111 Excellent Dialga 1 [Brawny/Healthy/Techie+/Mighty/Steady/Snappy] - Roar of Time / Draco Meteor
2112 Hardy Dialga 2 - Roar of Time / Hone Claws
2111 Fantastic Xerneas [Unruly/Brawny/Healthy+/Gutsy/Feisty] - Megahorn / Geomancy
2164 Fantastic Mewtwo [Snappy/Steady/Feisty/Gutsy/Resilient] @ Mewtwonite X - Drain Punch / Focus Punch

Attack Tree Lv.8
Defense Tree Lv.6
Speed Tree Lv.4

Waves:

1) Aggron / Tyranitar / Tyrantrum - Super easy w/ Snappy Roar of Time spam from Dialga 1, since they're all melee and just suicide to the AoE anyways.

2) Nidoqueen / Nidoking / Ampharos - A bit more difficult due to the ranged attacks but still p. easy

3) [BOSS] Regice / Regirock / Registeel / Regigigas - I clear the last few minions and switch to Mewtwo X and spam Focus Punch on the Regis. They take about 5 hits to kill. At this point my timer is ~93 seconds, and I finished this at ~83.

4) Gyarados / Dragonite / Aerodactyl - Very annoying wave due to Gyarados' long range Hydro Pump so I have to remain very mobile. I switch to Dialga 2 and use Hone Claws/Roar of Time to remove the Gyaradoses ASAP while the other two mons suicide to the RoT AoE due to their melee range

5) [BOSS] Cresselia / Heatran - Cress is super annoying due to its homing long range Psycho Cut. Heatran's sort of whatever. At this point my timer is ~64s

6) Garchomp / Tangrowth / Rhyperior - Power Whip is almost as annoying as Hydro Pump. Dialga 2 nearly dies here and I have to swap back to Dialga 1 midway.

7) [BOSS] Dialga / Palkia - After clearing a few more minions I swap to Xerneas and Geomancy/Megahorn through the bosses (hopefully killing Cress before Dialga and Palkia because the next wave spawns after the Dragons die and I don't want to deal with Cresselia still being alive and screwing my switch attempts). Xerneas is bulky enough to shrug off Dialga and Palkia's signature moves while charging in recklessly. My timer is at ~52s when they spawned, and I finished them at ~40s

8) Hydreigon / Volcarona / Archeops - I switch back to Dialga 1 as Dialga 2 is no longer in fighting condition. Hydreigon is melee and dies to Roar of Time easily. Archeops is frail and also dies fast. Volcarona is pretty annoying though and getting caught up in Fiery Dance can lock me in place for a while.

9) [BOSS] Reshiram / Zekrom - I try to kill Reshiram first as Zekrom will inevitably Fusion Bolt itself into Roar of Time range. My timer is at ~30s as they spawn, and I finish them w/ ~15s left

10) Salamence / Metagross / Milotic - This wave is surprisingly a lot tamer than Dragonite/Gyarados/Aerodactyl/Garchomp/Tangrowth/Rhyperior. Milotic and Salamence are melee and die to Roar of Time, and Metagross' Psychic doesn't have a lot of range so it also gets caught up in the AoE.

11) [FINAL BOSS] Primal Kyogre / Primal Groudon - Idk if the game will throw a curveball after this but the boss theme started playing here, so I'm pretty sure this is the last. I kill off most of the minions above but the time ran out here while Groudon and Kyogre took about 20% each. I saw Kyogre use Water Spout but I didn't quite catch what Groudon was using (probably PBlade). I'd probably switch back to Mewtwo X if I had the time for maximum dps.

With that I think my plan now is to look for a Slugger Dialga (or really a more powerful Dialga) to get me through the tougher waves. I wonder if Slugger is enough to make Roar of Time outrange Hydro Pump and Power Whip, because that has massive implications if it does.

I am officially addicted to Rumble World. I find myself playing this far more than even Alpha Sapphire, even though I have Pokémon to raise and soft-reset for.

What's the most effective way to grind Boss Legendaries, so I can get a good Dialga for the challenges? Should I just use Timer stop whenever I see a Dialga stage appear, or is there a method I'm missing?

What's the most effective way to grind Boss Legendaries, so I can get a good Dialga for the challenges? Should I just use Timer stop whenever I see a Dialga stage appear, or is there a method I'm missing?
Aside from that, taking some chances when you see the rainbow, and using like Endeavor + Gutsy Mons, I can't guess what else you can do.

Just remember that as long as you don't go on the exit balloon, you can quit the game (by the home button or the power button) and save your gems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)