Pokémon Rumble World

I can say from experience that my own Terrakion w/ Sacred Sword is probably my best Boss Killer. Even on resistors, I can basically rush from behind and spam fast enough to kill them before they even can get off an attack

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I can say from experience that my own Terrakion w/ Sacred Sword is probably my best Boss Killer. Even on resistors, I can basically rush from behind and spam fast enough to kill them before they even can get off an attack
I can't argue with this. I have a Virizion that I keep for just one reason. Sacred Sword is my only way to beat Dialga. From my experience, Dialga 2HKOs everything that does not resist, which is scary with Roar of Time's range and my lack of resists.

I can't argue with this. I have a Virizion that I keep for just one reason. Sacred Sword is my only way to beat Dialga. From my experience, Dialga 2HKOs everything that does not resist, which is scary with Roar of Time's range and my lack of resists.
Yeah, I learned that the hard way when a sparkly Dialga knocked out my Barboach in one hit. Guess maybe releasing him was a little unfair after all. Oh well, I'll catch a Dialga eventually.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Are OHKO moves really that solid?
No they're awful. I'm trying to see how much of their insane startup lag to make them a worthwhile option against the 5k+ HP minions of WCSX on hard mode.

Sacred Sword is indeed fantastic. CM + Sword Terrakion has been pretty awesome at breaking bosses apart.

Attack Tree 10 costs 880,000. Knowing that WCX is the only thing left in the game where it would make a difference, and that it would take a week or two or grinding to be able to afford it, is it worth saving up for it? Or should you dump a bit more into Defense and Speed first? I figure that a lot of stuff still might 1-2HKO you and I don't know how much the Defense Tree would save you. Then again, I still don't have any Pokemon capable of challenging WCX so I don't have a gameplan for it.

And how about that Pikachu challenge? Even if you had a special one with 6 of the best traits, would you really have any chance? It sounds impossible considering the lengths that people have gone just to beat it normally.

Jibaku

is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
considering how much traits dictate this game I can see that working. I believe you can also use multiple Pikachus for that challenge (at least, that's how it works for Greninja).

I completed WCSX the first time with lv.7 attack tree iirc. You probably don't need to go far if you have the right mons for it. That said I haven't completed hard mode.

Yesterday, fortune smiled upon me, and I finally caught my first legendary: a Punchy Groudon that I've started to call by the either Ruby or Rubio, and fortunately has Precipice Blades. I finally beat the Mighty General using him, and promptly gave him his Red Orb, and got rid of Swagger for Rock Polish.
I was unable to beat the Pokémon Tournament 6, so maybe I'll try teaching him Rock Slide, and see if I have more luck, because in spite of the Triple Rainbow not leaving, I have been unable to catch any further legendaries, besides Dialga, who I figured would be foolish to attempt Endeavor on, and just fainted instead of being caught.

It appears that waiting as long as possible payed off, and gave me a strong legendary, at 1000+.

Jibaku

Cleared WCSX's 220 second and no-switching challenges. The first one was actually kind of difficult but the latter was relatively simple with just a Slugger Dialga. All that's left is the Pikachu challenge...

Cleared WCSX's 220 second and no-switching challenges. The first one was actually kind of difficult but the latter was relatively simple with just a Slugger Dialga. All that's left is the Pikachu challenge...
I dare you to do it with a blind fold on and only using the sound to beat it while using pikachu.

Even Punchy Primal Groudon wasn't able to beat Pokémon Competition 6. There just isn't enough time or space for me to maneuver, with poor Groudon accidentally maneuvering into the electric fence in an attempt to evade attacks.

One on one, he is superior, but with all those Pokémon he has to fight at once, I either get overwhelmed, or run out of time.

I guess power creep strikes again. That seems to happen a lot in this game.

I've been playing this a fair bit recently, and dropped a little cash to pick up the 250 cheaper diamonds and unlock a couple of balloons. Is it worth going the whole hog and buying all 3,000?

I caught my first legendary today after seven hours of play, a 772 Punchy Registeel with Bulldoze / Strength. Certainly could've done worse there :)

Caught a bunch of cool stuff since that 2070 Arceus-Psy:

2014 Speedy Zygarde
2034 Palkia
2056 Dialga (Roar of Time is insane)
2086 Yveltal
2140 Electric Boost Mewtwo
2177 Kyogre (My fourth Kyogre)

Roar of Time got me through Dragon Marshal Face-Off with ease.

EDIT: Right after I posted this I caught a 2022 Latias :D

Last edited:
Caught a bunch of cool stuff since that 2070 Arceus-Psy:

2014 Speedy Zygarde
2034 Palkia
2056 Dialga (Roar of Time is insane)
2086 Yveltal
2140 Electric Boost Mewtwo
2177 Kyogre (My fourth Kyogre)

Roar of Time got me through Dragon Marshal Face-Off with ease.

EDIT: Right after I posted this I caught a 2022 Latias :D
You do not know true power until you have gotten a Snappy + Punchy Diagla combo. Roar of Time spam murders everything.

Ended up deleting the game so as not to be tempted to waste more time not making any significant progress. Even with getting 10 miis consistently for +2 gems daily, it would take forever to catch more mons and progress in rank. It can be optimised so that you at least finish the main storyline after a couple months of playing, but if you want to really enjoy the game the message is "pay up motherfucker".

Ended up deleting the game so as not to be tempted to waste more time not making any significant progress. Even with getting 10 miis consistently for +2 gems daily, it would take forever to catch more mons and progress in rank. It can be optimised so that you at least finish the main storyline after a couple months of playing, but if you want to really enjoy the game the message is "pay up motherfucker".
To be fair, buying 3k worth of diamonds (about $30) breaks the pay wall and things become easier to play through. And that's about as much as you would spend on a full 3DS game so I felt paying was justified.

CTNC

To be fair, buying 3k worth of diamonds (about $30) breaks the pay wall and things become easier to play through. And that's about as much as you would spend on a full 3DS game so I felt paying was justified.
I like to restart my games and your number of bought diamonds don't carry over, so it's more like $30 per playthrough. I'd gladly pay $30 for the Diamonds if they allowed your bought Diamonds to carry over when you restart, but with $30 per playthrough... No. Just No. Also, I'm happy with my 140 More Diamonds till Origin Balloon. Yes, I am insane enough to go for it. :P

I like to restart my games and your number of bought diamonds don't carry over, so it's more like $30 per playthrough. I'd gladly pay $30 for the Diamonds if they allowed your bought Diamonds to carry over when you restart, but with $30 per playthrough... No. Just No. Also, I'm happy with my 140 More Diamonds till Origin Balloon. Yes, I am insane enough to go for it. :P
Eh, I never thought about it that way. I never did a restart of something that had only one save file. So, I never cared about the restartability. Besides, didn't one of the people here find out that the save-data backup still works with this game. So, you start the game, buy the diamonds, backup the save, play through the game, revert the save, and continue.

CTNC

Eh, I never thought about it that way. I never did a restart of something that had only one save file. So, I never cared about the restartability. Besides, didn't one of the people here find out that the save-data backup still works with this game. So, you start the game, buy the diamonds, backup the save, play through the game, revert the save, and continue.
Trying to backup my current save gets me the message, "This software does not support the backup of save data." :/

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Only six Arceus to go til I've got 'em all. But waiting everyday sucks. I'm so close to completing the dex too, 711 mons. Are you guys bothering to go through and get everything checked off like getting all species of a Pokemon etc?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)