Programming Pokémon Showdown Damage Calculator

Austin

Schismatic
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator
Changing forme to Zygarde 10%/50% to its Complete Forme will not change its HP stat:
View attachment 109640 View attachment 109641

Also, the sandstorm damage is not counted:
64+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Whimsicott: 242-288 (92.7 - 110.3%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
64+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Whimsicott: 242-288 (92.7 - 110.3%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after sandstorm damage
I’ll fix the forme thing but your first calc doesn’t show sandstorm damage because your move already has a high chance to OHKO without it

I’ll fix the forme thing but your first calc doesn’t show sandstorm damage because your move already has a high chance to OHKO without it
If this happens for sandstorm damage, then why does the calculator still sometimes say "some % chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery"? If it's an OHKO, then why do leftovers matter?

Austin

Schismatic
If this happens for sandstorm damage, then why does the calculator still sometimes say "some % chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery"? If it's an OHKO, then why do leftovers matter?
It doesn’t display leftover recovery when the recovery amount doesn’t matter

It doesn’t display leftover recovery when the recovery amount doesn’t matter
titled.png

How does the leftovers recovery matter in this case? The Landorus was at full health when the attack hits, and it either gets OHKO'd or 2HKO'd regardless of whether or not it's holding a leftovers.

titled.png

It's definitely not only multi-hit moves.

By the way, why do some blank sets have default abilities and others default to "(other)"? This varies even among Pokemon with one possible ability.

Austin

Schismatic
this is rather nitpicky so im posting it here but is it possible to either add a second wingull set with flyinium z or just change the wingull set rn from life orb to flyinium? its pretty annoying to calc wingull because the wingull on the calc is set to hold life orb rather than flyinium, which is what most wingull run nowadays, and having to find and change the item just to not mess with calcs can be inconvenient. not to mention that wingull will often be in play multiple times during a match so having the set hold flyinium instead would make it less time consuming to calc. and yes i realize you can import sets onto the calc but that set only appears for your computer so it would make it more universally convenient to just change the item wingull holds from life orb to flyinium or to just add a flyinium set.
Change the set on smogon and sure, we rip all of our sets from here

Last edited:
I have a bug to report.

Kommo's (Blank Set) in the damage calculator uses the HP of whatever pokemon was selected beforehand, and the calcs versus it will use this HP stat in their calculations. Changing IVs or EVs cause the calc to use a correct HP stat.

Here's a screenshot of the issue, and I've been able to replicate it consistently.
kommo.png

No other mons or sets I've checked do this. I checked Jangmo-O because I thought the -O might be causing the issue, and I checked other base 75 HP pokemon.

There seems to be a problem with recoil calculation when the damage done by a recoil move exceeds the targets maximum HP, causing it to become something close to 0. Please either fix or implement this on PS.

Just noticed there is a dedicated thread to damage calc bugs. Discovered in the bug report thread so I'll repost here since it's more appropriate.

Metronome (the item) does not function correctly, giving incorrect boost values. Here's a specific quote from the thread with more detail.

The damage calculator is implementing Metronome as no boost for the first use, then x1.1, then x1.32 (applying both a 1.1 and a 1.2 boost), then x1.716 (all of 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3), then x2.4024 (tacking on a 1.4 as well). Battle source, on the other hand, simply adds a flat 1.2 to the multiplier each time...with the implication that the move wouldn't max out until the 6th use, rather than the 5th?
Easy example:

1 time: 252 SpA Abomasnow Blizzard vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Abomasnow: 162-192 (50.4 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
5 times: 252 SpA Metronome Abomasnow Blizzard vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Abomasnow: 389-461 (121.1 - 143.6%) -- guaranteed KO in 1 turns

Metronome's maximum damage multiplier is 2x, so it's clear to see that the damage here is way off.

While using the calculator I noticed that Rocky Helmet wasn't available as an item and it seems like it should be given that it affects damage output and ranges. I asked in Help if this was something intentional or if I was just missing something and was asked to post about it here so here I am.

dmgcalc.png

This is currently what is listed for items beginning with 'R.'

MacChaeger

Uses the word "literally" too much
is a Pre-Contributor
Noticed a bug where switching from the default Abomasnow set to a blank Gyarados set didn't change the displayed max hp, so it still showed 321 instead of 331. Also, if you're going to have weather persist after changing out the Pokemon whose ability set it automatically, can the default Pokemon not be Abomasnow? It's pretty annoying to have to turn off the hail for every first calculation.

Not all of the berries for natural gift work, and one isn't even there, which forces you to make up a move and adjust the BP to do an accurate calc.
Wiki
Aguav
Aspear
Bluk
Cheri
Cornn
Figy
Grepa
Hondew
Iapapa
Kelpsy
Mago
Magost
Nanab
Nomel
Pamtre
Pecha
Persim
Pinap
Pomeg
Qualot
Rabuta
Razz
Spelon
Tamato
Wepear

In addition, Lum does not appear in the calc at all, much less to use for natural gift purposes (It's typically an 80 BP flying move).

Thanks,
Bortortle

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)