Programming Pokémon Showdown Damage Calculator

Austin

Schismatic
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why should it have block? Do you want to calculate how much damage it does?
I mean it’s as important as the status moves. I’ll add it just because I know gren used to use it and possibly still does for the sake of convenience for new users

Austin

Schismatic
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey, instead of defaulting to ZU Abomasnow, could the calc instead default to Blank Set Mew? It would make comparing the raw strength of Pokemon easier, as the most the user would need to do is set Mew's type to None, or give it Hyper Beam and/or Giga Impact for comparing bulk.

Also, I hope your recovery has been going well.
I’d rather just make a “test” mon that has 100 everything and has type “none” if we were to go that route, possibly just name it “test calc”

Mold Breaker should ignore unaware, but it currently does not in the calc:

252 Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Devastating Drake (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 271-321 (68.7 - 81.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+6 252 Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Devastating Drake (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Quagsire: 271-321 (68.7 - 81.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

just throwing that out there

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Galvanize should not effect Judgment, but in the calc they do. This also goes for Aerilate, Pixilate, and Refrigerate, and for Multi-Attack. This is relevant for OMs (I discovered it while messing around with the BH Zekrom set).

Is it possible for the Plus/Minus ability buff to be added to the damage calculator? I know that it's pretty rare that someone would use it, but the calculator is technically incomplete without it.

Last edited:
Is it possible for the Plus/Minus ability buff to be added to the damage calculator? I know that it's pretty rare that someone would use it, but the calculator is technically incomplete without it.
It is in the calc. The checkbox next to the ability toggle will activate/deactivate the ability.

I found an error with the showdown damage calculator. I originally posted this to Twitter, but after a few days I thought I'd try to reach out here.

Original tweet with pictures:
Basically, the damage calculator has Lycanroc-Dusk listed incorrectly. Lycanroc-Dusk has 117 Attack and 110 Speed, but the damage calculator says it has 115 Attack and 112 Speed, as if it was a Lycanroc-Day instead. This problem isn't present in the team builder, just the damage calculator.

Got a problem with the damage calculator as well, as you can see in the screenshots when Psycho Boost is selected to hit twice, the amount of damage goes through the roof. It is not the system not taking the -2 from the first attack into account, but it is also getting extra damage on top.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
when i set the weather to rain, then change one of the 2 mons, the weather is reset to none, so if i have to calculate damage under rain vs a few mons, i have to set the weather each time. could the weather stay whatever it is unless one of the new mons has a weather ability

Weather doesn't change the 3HKO chance when I'm pretty sure it's supposed to.

when i set the weather to rain, then change one of the 2 mons, the weather is reset to none, so if i have to calculate damage under rain vs a few mons, i have to set the weather each time. could the weather stay whatever it is unless one of the new mons has a weather ability
This would be very helpful for those 2 generations when sand is everywhere.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Sand damage is not effecting damage calcs. Note that this is specifically the DAMAGE from sand, not the SpD boost.

252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Pursuit vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Latias-Mega: 152-182 (41.7 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO (without sand)
252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Pursuit vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Latias-Mega: 152-182 (41.7 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO (with sand)

I decided to test this with other forms of passive damage....
252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Pursuit vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Latias-Mega: 152-182 (41.7 - 50%) -- 89.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock (check)
252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Pursuit vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Latias-Mega: 152-182 (41.7 - 50%) -- 89.8% chance to 2HKO after Leech Seed damage (check)
252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Pursuit vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Latias-Mega: 152-182 (41.7 - 50%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after 3 layers of Spikes (check, ability was modified)
252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Pursuit vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Latias-Mega: 152-182 (41.7 - 50%) -- 89.8% chance to 2HKO after poison damage (check)
252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Pursuit vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Latias-Mega: 152-182 (41.7 - 50%) -- 30.1% chance to 2HKO after toxic damage (check)
252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Pursuit vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Latias-Mega: 152-182 (41.7 - 50%) -- 30.1% chance to 2HKO after burn damage (check)
252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Pursuit vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Latias-Mega: 152-182 (41.7 - 50%) -- 89.8% chance to 2HKO after Dry Skin damage (check)
252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Pursuit vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Latias-Mega: 152-182 (41.7 - 50%) -- 89.8% chance to 2HKO after Sticky Barb damage (check)

Only thing that was messed up was fellow weather Hail, although I don't guarantee I checked every possible type of passive damage ( I did get some odd ones though)
252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Pursuit vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Latias-Mega: 152-182 (41.7 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO (Hail, fail)

Proof of SpD boost is here:
0 SpA Latias-Mega Ice Beam vs. 40 HP / 48 SpD Tyranitar: 83-98 (23.6 - 27.9%) -- 88.9% chance to 4HKO
0 SpA Latias-Mega Ice Beam vs. 40 HP / 48 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 56-66 (15.9 - 18.8%) -- possible 6HKO

One other thing... when I put in Download as an ability it automatically went to +6. This seems odd.

pre

pkmn.cc
Thanks for reporting, pretty likely that was me. I'll look into it.

EDIT: Its because of mutation. :(

Last edited:

pre

pkmn.cc
Download is giving me odd numbers, sometimes it's fine and sometimes it's +3 or +6
EDIT: Its because of mutation. :(
I've fixed this (but not deployed the fix yet) and deployed the fix, I'm looking at the Sandstorm stuff now, the Sandstorm/Hail bug is an existing issue, not a new regression. LMK if you find any more bugs, I've been doing a lot of architectural changes under the hood and would be surprised if this was all that was broken

Last edited:
Intimidate seems buggy where it is seemingly doubled its effect when i clicked the box beside it.

Sorry for the big screenshot :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)