Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's how I rationalize an immunity to dragon for the fairy type. The dragon type is all about power right? If a dragon tried to fight a fairy, what would he accomplish? He would likely be just fighting an illusion that the mischievous fairy conjured up while it escapes. Steel being effective against fairy makes sense because Cold Iron is toxic to fairies, and Poison type because fairies are usually tied to the land, and since pollution hurts the land it hurts them too.

Chessmaster56

Banned deucer.
Here's how I rationalize an immunity to dragon for the fairy type. The dragon type is all about power right? If a dragon tried to fight a fairy, what would he accomplish? He would likely be just fighting an illusion that the mischievous fairy conjured up while it escapes. Steel being effective against fairy makes sense because Cold Iron is toxic to fairies, and Poison type because fairies are usually tied to the land, and since pollution hurts the land it hurts them too.
Now describe to me how bug is SE against psychic and flying SE against fighting

Simple. Bugs, along with Ghosts and the Dark, is a common phobia. And as for the other one: http://awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=081610
The hardest part to explain about the (supposed [how many times have I typed supposed or rumoured next to this stuff?]) Fairy matchups is the Fire resist. The best explanation I could come up with is something about Bonfires and scaring away evil spirits. Also Fire is civilisation or something, I guess.

Chessmaster56

Banned deucer.
it's just my opinion dude chill
Telling someone to chill is just trying to provoke him/her. I just thought it was really funny that you thought the type effectiveness through symbolically. That is all, I did not want to make the comment snarky or jeering in anyway. I apologize for any miscommunication that may have happened over the Internet.

Telling someone to chill is trying to prove him/her. I just thought it was really funny that you thought it through symbolically. That is all, I did not want to make the comment snarky or jeering in anyway. I apologize for any miscommunication that may have happened over the Internet.
Apology accepted. I can be pretty dry too sometimes

I don't know if it has been discussed but during the X and Y panel Pokémon Company was thinking about adding DLC to X and Y.

i'm pretty sure they said that they weren't really thinking about it atm but might at some point? not 100% sure tho
this is all they had to say
Q - Are you planning on working on DLC?
A - Are you talking about additional content like Mystery Dungeon? That's in the top 3 of questions I was hoping I wouldn't get asked. We don't have anything we can announce today."

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=SNXK1JH0daw&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DSNXK1JH0daw

This video puts into detail everything we know so far. Also, it answers a few, important, unanswered questions, too.

I'm still questioning the use of customization, PSS, and Fairy moves, after watching this video.

WARNING: It's like 8 minutes long, bruh.
I didn't realize that they actually showed the opening of the game. I wonder if that will be put up anytime soon, since it sounds like most everything in it has been shown by now.

I didn't realize that they actually showed the opening of the game. I wonder if that will be put up anytime soon, since it sounds like most everything in it has been shown by now.
I realized that, also. I don't know why they wouldn't let them photographically capture many thing, other than to spoil the game.

I bet Litleo evolves into something like this:

Credit to CyzirVisheen

And, on that note, I bet Pancham evolves into something like this:

Credit to SoIheardyoulikesentret

:P

So long as "DLC" equals event Pokémon, PWT tournament downloads and the like, I wholeheartedly agree
Considering he specifically referenced PMD's pay-for DLC, it's likely more in that sense

e: And likely what the person meant when asking the question.

Dragon/Fairy is somewhat broken in and of itself and if Dragonite would adopt this typing it would without a doubt be summoned to ubers. Its SR weakness is mainly what keeps it checked in the current meta and losing its flying typing would make it a tank (perhaps) too defensive for current OUs to take
Which is why I brought it up.

I was walking home from work today thinking about other pokemon that could be retyped that nobody's thought of, and Dragonite was the first one that came to mind, mostly because it fits the "fairytale" theme really well.

Then I thought about how the typing would work and...lol...

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
If Dragonite gets retyped, I'll be the first one to grab the pitchforks

In fact, Dragon/Fairy would be ridiculous with any pokémon. Immunity to itself while still being a Dragon more than makes up for the Ice Shard and Bullet Punch weaknesses. Oh, and almost perfect coverage...

But that was to be expected. Fairy is great offensively if only for being neutral to Steel, while it's more of an "add-on" type defensively. A really smart, if not dangerous, move by Game Freak, I'd say. And then you combine it with the best type in the game and... well. At least none of the older Ubers will be retyped.

EDIT-- Just watched the newest (fourth) trailer. I'm confused. What Vivillion used against Froakie? I thought it was Giga Drain, but it made the same sound Fairy Wind did to Litleo (what a horrible name), so I think it's NVE... but what would it be, if not Giga Drain?
EDIT2-- Oh never mind, that's the generic damage sound.
EDIT3-- Wait no, Boomburst didn't make this sound against Chespin in the Fairy-type video and yet it did this time against Gogoat and both have the same type... Eh, whatever.

i could actually see them making a dragon/psychic with shitty stats/something like defeatist or stall a la sableye and seeing how it'd work. would be an easy way to keep it in flavour-wise whilst balancing it out.

EDIT-- Just watched the newest (fourth) trailer. I'm confused. What Vivillion used against Froakie? I thought it was Giga Drain, but it made the same sound Fairy Wind did to Litleo (what a horrible name), so I think it's NVE... but what would it be, if not Giga Drain?
EDIT-- Oh never mind, that's the generic damage sound.
It's struggle bug

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
It's struggle bug
Yeah, saw another trailer and they simply rehashed the video. But still, I hope that doesn't mean anything.

i could actually see them making a dragon/psychic with shitty stats/something like defeatist or stall a la sableye and seeing how it'd work. would be an easy way to keep it in flavour-wise whilst balancing it out.
Latios and Latias exist already (and even have Soul Dew!) so they don't really care lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)