Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, saw another trailer and they simply rehashed the video. But still, I hope that doesn't mean anything.
The original footage was normal in-battle footage
It doesn't mean anything

you can't even really go with damage sounds because the sound was the actual attack. If you look at every other attack animation you'll see they don't have the old sfx for super effect/not very effective hits

e: triple checking I see that the hit of Stuggle Bug, Fairy Wind & Boomburst all give one final hit noise and they all sound the same
so

Latios and Latias exist already (and even have Soul Dew!) so they don't really care lol
I think he meant Dragon/Fairy.

Just like Sableye, I wouldn't be too surprised if GF initially thought: "No weakness and three immunities. Damn that's broken! But maybe not? You know what, we give it a shitty ability, see if it works, and if it appears to be too weak it can always be buffed later. If it appears too strong, it'll be banned and move on."

Then they came up with Eelektross and even Eelektross resides in NU despite having no weakness, and I wouldn't be surprised if Eelektross gets a buff.

Lol is it just me or is Gamefreak not revealing a lot but the last week like double then that we got before together?
I like most things.
I think that most old pokemon being re-typed will be from the fairy egg group not all and some besides the egg group, but i can see Blissey countering Special dragons even more.
Lol that picture from some time ago were Yveltal says ''Yo, i'm a fairy'' might actually be true :O

Stop with the accents!

About the rival discrepancy:
Obviously, you can only have 2 rivals because there are only 3 starters and, well....it would be weird if all 5 people had staters with some havering to repeat their Pokèmon whatnot (like say you picked Chespin, Trevor and Tierno might get Froakie and Shauna and Serena/Calem might get Fennekin....which is kinda weird). I think Shauna is kinda like Lyra, just playing around with a Flabèbè or a Sylveon or a cute poke, not really a rival. Tierno, the fat guy, wants to create a dance team with pokes so he might have a krikitune or chatot and not be your rival. Trevor will probably be an even more annoying Cheren always talking about power and strength, and will mature throughout the game. Serena and Calem are still a secret but pretty sure they play Barry kind of role.

Bottom line: Serena/Calem and Trevor are your rivals, so the pokebeach dude may still be right
Something nobody talked about yet : Serena/Calem proposes a dual battle against Tierno and Trevor. So, you at least have to fight those two once.
You all obtain a pokemon, but I'm not sure how it works...

Pokemon are just "creatures with special powers", and if the flower is not actually a part of the pokemon, then it irks me that it would be included in the battle model, etc.
I suppose Farfetch'd shouldn't carry its stick in its battle model either.

And hey, how do people know about the additional news that Fairy is immune to Dragon, weak to poison, etc? All they gave us was it was strong against Dragon.

I suppose Farfetch'd shouldn't carry its stick in its battle model either.

And hey, how do people know about the additional news that Fairy is immune to Dragon, weak to poison, etc? All they gave us was it was strong against Dragon.
It's from a leak that has true things in it so far. However, only the super effective damage on dragon is confirmed, the rest is speculation based on a rumour.

Apparently, Dodrio utilizes "powerful kicks" to attack as well. I doubt that Talonflame will get Blaze Kick.
Only dodrio isn't a fire type.

The pixies for fairy anyone? Fairy mew will be awesome imo. I like mew. That would also make a posibble fairy type for mewtwo's second form.

Something nobody talked about yet : Serena/Calem proposes a dual battle against Tierno and Trevor. So, you at least have to fight those two once.
You all obtain a pokemon, but I'm not sure how it works...
All Serena/Calem says is "I'd like to have a Pokemon battle with everyone." This doesn't necessarily mean everyone all at once. (S)he might just battle you, then the other two separately.

How much i like pixies to become fairy type I really hope dual-typed pokemons will not be retyped. This would either debuff them or make them an entirely new mon. Uxie, Azelf, Mesprit and Manaphy/Phione are fine by me even Mew but i hope no dual typed.
But we're dealing with Gamefreak here everything can happen.

All Serena/Calem says is "I'd like to have a Pokemon battle with everyone." This doesn't necessarily mean everyone all at once. (S)he might just battle you, then the other two separately.
In the French Version s/he really clearly ask Tierno and Trevor to fight against you and her/him...

Proof :

Only dodrio isn't a fire type.

The pixies for fairy anyone? Fairy mew will be awesome imo. I like mew. That would also make a posibble fairy type for mewtwo's second form.
What does Mew have to do with fairies? Mew is based on animal foetuses, the recapitulation theory, and the concept of a universal evolutionary ancestor...none of these things have anything to do with fairies/folklore.

In the French Version s/he really clearly ask Tierno and Trevor to fight against you and her/him...

Proof :
At this point, it feels really apparent that the beginning of the game is being used to get new players to catch up and brush over all of the popular battle mechanics that have been invented. That level of enforced familiarity may become a bit rushed...

Personally i like that you can first check your starter before battling like HG and SS this is something i missed in other games. The first battle is intense when having -attack nature.

Looking at that screen shot makes me wonder how those "cliffs" that you can't go past will look like in 3D perspective it would be hilariously stupid if they are knee height

Actually i just thought of something.
Didn't we got some time ago a rumor of a new feature to do with bonding?
I gues this rumor was about Pokémon-Amie.
If i remember correctly the rumor said that this bonding system would replace iv's and ev's.
Corrct me if i'm wrong.
Since we got the new bonding system (Pokémon-Amie) released could his second part be tru too?

EDIT: The screen shot is now on the official pokemon site too and male clearly sais he wants to battle you.

Don't know if anyone mentioned this but...

Anyway, speaking of Fairies, Mew fits the Psychic type more than the Fairy. Celebi on the other hand could use the fairy type, and probably the lake trio, just probably.
Imagine how insane would the Lati twins be by being Dragon/Fairy, Scizor will be like number 1 in usage every mo- OH WAIT.

Don't know if anyone mentioned this but...

Anyway, speaking of Fairies, Mew fits the Psychic type more than the Fairy. Celebi on the other hand could use the fairy type, and probably the lake trio, just probably.
Imagine how insane would the Lati twins be by being Dragon/Fairy, Scizor will be like number 1 in usage every mo- OH WAIT.
Is there something significant about this picture that I'm missing?

their models make them look like 6-year-old children due to their height and proportions

WHY NINTENDO
YOU SAID YOU WERE MAKING THEM LIKE PRE-TEENS AND NOW THEY'RE LOOKING MORE LIKE LITTLE KIDS

Is there something significant about this picture that I'm missing?
uhh the top one with sparkles... could be the shiny form? the colours look a little different.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
WHY NINTENDO
YOU SAID YOU WERE MAKING THEM LIKE PRE-TEENS AND NOW THEY'RE LOOKING MORE LIKE LITTLE KIDS.
Pre-teens are little kids. (12 and under) Honsetly, teens are little kids so it hardly matters. The main character looks like he's be at least 15 or 16 compared to the rest of the cast which seems about right to me. Not as old as Viola but definitely not as young as the rivals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)