Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah clauncher really looks like it'll evolve into something big and kickass a la crawdaunt to me. fabébé at first to me looked like it'd evolve to have the flower actually a part of it [in a mantine or slowbro-esque way], but i can see it being a generic cute with low stats or something - like mawile, maybe. i doubt gogoat will evolve personally.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
The original footage was normal in-battle footage
It doesn't mean anything

you can't even really go with damage sounds because the sound was the actual attack. If you look at every other attack animation you'll see they don't have the old sfx for super effect/not very effective hits

e: triple checking I see that the hit of Stuggle Bug, Fairy Wind & Boomburst all give one final hit noise and they all sound the same
so
There's also one video where Noivern uses Boomburst against Chespin and that noise is not present, which makes it even weirder. Meanwhile, Fairy Wind had the SE noise against Hydreigon.

Or maybe I'm just deaf

I'm really interested to find out where they're going with the new Mewtwo's stats. Arguably, Mewtwo still has the most balanced stats of any Legendary. Kyogre has better synergy between its ability, typing and movepool, some Deoxys/Kyurem formes exceed Metwo in offense or speed and Arceus is more balanced across board. However, both Mewtwo's SpA and Speed are near the top of the pile and its bulk is nothing to scoff at either. How can any Mewtwo formes be better than the Original? Recently they set a new bar for Legendary BST with the Kyurem formes whose BST lies between that of Mewtwo and Arceus. So maybe the NewTwo will get a few extra stat points to play with.

We don't even know if Mewtwo will change its stats at all when it changes form. However I presume that the sleek body and the Japanese movie advertisement art suggests a more speedy mewtwo.

We don't even know if Mewtwo will change its stats at all when it changes form. However I presume that the sleek body and the Japanese movie advertisement art suggests a more speedy mewtwo.
Considering how they've ??????????'d everything about it, it's very likely a Forme and thus has stat rearrangmenet

e: I also I love how shokotan brought up newtwo to Masuda asking what the deal was and was met with a non-answer

That's struggle bug... play the goddamn games!
idk if it's sarcasm but

did you ever teach one of your pokemon struggle bug
have you ever used that useless move

and ya english pokemon youtube channel put this up ages ago:
[youtube]7tSVBVQzNMg[/youtube]

I also I love how shokotan brought up newtwo to Masuda asking what the deal was and was met with a non-answer
How do I ask for it... link? just for the lols?
(do you think she really didn't know or that she was making sure we mad due to no reveal?)

did you ever teach one of your pokemon struggle bug
have you ever used that useless move
Well Burgh tends to spam it
Unless you never saw it at all because you always start with Tepig
(it says its struggle bug in the site anyway)

~~~~~~~

Anyway,
how come the se/nve sounds are a topic at all? Was there any rumor/confirmation that there will be different SFX for se/nve?

The mystery of the sound effects might be that they have the handful that they need for damaging effects, but they're messing with us in the trailers by only using them intentionally and appropriately when they want to get a point across about battling, like when Sylveon used Moonburst.
You may notice that the game footage of Xerneas and Yveltal attacking was cut short before the damage FX was played, anyway. Personally, I think they're just fuckin around.

Mario With Lasers

Literally like an hour after it was announced in Japan
It's weird that Masuda answered like that, then. It sounded to me he was acting as if the pokémon didn't even existed yet (???).

Anyway,
how come the se/nve sounds are a topic at all? Was there any rumor/confirmation that there will be different SFX for se/nve?
Somebody mentioned a couple pages ago the newest trailer, where Flabébé used Fairy Wind against Litleo and it did the usual NVE SFX which would further confirm the Pokébeach rumor about Fairy-type... then I watched the video and noticed the same SFX was used for Fairy Wind vs. Litleo, Struggle Bug vs. Froakie and Boomburst vs. Gogoat; meanwhile, a two-days-older trailer had Boomburst vs. Chespin and a different SFX for the damage.

Another possibility is that Boomburst is 'weird' though nominally Normal-typed (like Hidden Power or Natural Gift). Dual-type moves anyone? :P

EDIT: after re-reading the above I guess we'd still have Bug NVE against Water (or we caught them hiding Froakie's Fighting secondary type :o ) so the most likely explanation is they're still tweaking SFX.

it seems very weird that they decided to buff up a pokemon all the way from generation 1, let alone one that is arguably the best in the game. Did a voice actor die or something?

Also, its weird that the clone Pokemon gets a new form but no mention of the original. Maybe its a fusion of something or am I thinking of dragon ball Z still?

it seems very weird that they decided to buff up a pokemon all the way from generation 1, let alone one that is arguably the best in the game. Did a voice actor die or something?

Also, its weird that the clone Pokemon gets a new form but no mention of the original. Maybe its a fusion of something or am I thinking of dragon ball Z still?
Philip Bartlett, the original English voice actor for Mewtwo, died over a decade ago, but what's important is that Mewtwos new form may simply have a rearrangement of its stat total to show some new favoritism that may or may not make it the new epitome of a Psychic type.

On an unrelated note ...

I know this is the type of stuff people have done before, so let's take a crack at it. Let's try to gather all the stats we've seen of the Gen VI pokemon so far! But how? The only obvious ones are the HPs we've seen.

Through math! Alright, so from Pokemon Smash we saw a Sylveon fighting a Salamence! Its HP stat was 155; assuming 0 IVs and 0 EVs, that gives us an HP stat of 95 (which is interestingly an Eeveelution stat). Seems simple enough, right?

Well, it OHKO'd a Salamence with Moonblast ... now we don't know how powerful that is in BP, but let's again assume 0 IVs and 0 EVs for both (this is generally how they do it in the demos).

If Moonblast has 90 BP (like Psychic or Earth Power), then Sylveon could only guaranteed OHKO with a 130 Att/SpA stat (with 110it has a 37.5% chance).
Assuming it might have 120 BP (like Fire Blast or Hydro Pump), then it still requires Sylveon to have at least its 110 or 95 (though from the earlier evidence it's likely that 95 is in HP).
If it had a 65 or 60 in the attacking stat Moonblast keys off of, the attack would require a whopping 170-180 BP to OHKO, so we can safely assume its primary attacking stat is over 110 or 130.

I'd also say we could assume its Speed is over 100 since it outspeeds Salamence ... but then we get something similar to Espeon or Jolteon's stat spread, so who knows. Regardless, they may have used a Choice item or something to make it seem more powerful than it is, it just seems like an interesting little calculation.

Does anyone know any other HP stats or OHKOs we've seen? Did the Sylveon in that one trailer OHKO Haxorus? NOPE

EDIT 2: I can't find anymore OHKOs, but there are some HPs lurking in the gameplay trailers. So far I have:

• Froakie: 101 HP at level 50; indicates base 41 HP stat (about normal for a starter, a little low if anything [between Charmander and Squirtle, for refernce])
  • Noivern: 226 HP at level 80; indicates base 85 HP stat
  • Clauncher: 126 at level 50; indicates base 66 HP stat
  • Gogoat: 183 at level 50; indicates base 123 HP stat (I'm more leery about the 0 IV/EV assumption on this one since it specifically takes place in a wild horde battle and may involve a playtesting Pokemon, and that's a really high stat). Also, the Houndour's Ember does 8 damage against it; assuming 0 IV/EV, that means Gogoat can at most have 85 base SpD, but at least base 40.
  • Talonflame: 212 at level 65; indicates base 106 HP stat. Its Flame Charge does a little over half of Noctowl's HP, indicating base Att around 100 (again, a little leery about this for the same reasons as the previous one)

Hope anyone can find more examples for calculating!

I'd also say we could assume its Speed is over 100 since it outspeeds Salamence ... but then we get something similar to Espeon or Jolteon's stat spread, so who knows. Regardless, they may have used a Choice item or something to make it seem more powerful than it is, it just seems like an interesting little calculation.
Almost every single move showcase has the pokemon using the move go first
you can gleam nothing, speed wise, from it

Mario With Lasers

but let's again assume 0 IVs and 0 EVs for both (this is generally how they do it in the demos).
Where did you get that from? That Hydreigon facing a Gardevoir had 156 HP, 0 IV Hydreigon has 152. Sylveon might as well have 10 IV and 162 HP EVs, for all we know.

Even then, you're partially right. Sylveon's Base HP is 95 at best; a 0 IV/EV Sylveon would have 170 HP if it had 110 Base, so it can't be that.

I don't know where you got those damage calcs from either. Did you forget Sylveon has STAB ?__? 0/0 Salamence could be OHKOed by a 120 BP Moonblast coming off of 65 Base stat, so the only thing we know is that the stat Moonblast comes off of is higher than 60. It is *probably* 95-130, as it wouldn't make sense to use a move that's not even from its highest stat.

On an unrelated note ...

I know this is the type of stuff people have done before, so let's take a crack at it. Let's try to gather all the stats we've seen of the Gen VI pokemon so far! But how? The only obvious ones are the HPs we've seen.

Through math! Alright, so from Pokemon Smash we saw a Sylveon fighting a Salamence! Its HP stat was 155; assuming 0 IVs and 0 EVs, that gives us an HP stat of 95 (which is interestingly an Eeveelution stat). Seems simple enough, right?

Well, it OHKO'd a Salamence with Moonblast ... now we don't know how powerful that is in BP, but let's again assume 0 IVs and 0 EVs for both (this is generally how they do it in the demos).

If Moonblast has 90 BP (like Psychic or Earth Power), then Sylveon could only guaranteed OHKO with a 130 Att/SpA stat (with 110it has a 37.5% chance).
Assuming it might have 120 BP (like Fire Blast or Hydro Pump), then it still requires Sylveon to have at least its 110 or 95 (though from the earlier evidence it's likely that 95 is in HP).
If it had a 65 or 60 in the attacking stat Moonblast keys off of, the attack would require a whopping 170-180 BP to OHKO, so we can safely assume its primary attacking stat is over 110 or 130.

Does anyone know any other HP stats or OHKOs we've seen? Did the Sylveon in that one trailer OHKO Haxorus? NOPE
I wish we could've seen salamence damage sylveon first so that we could get an idea of it's defenses.

Just to clarify with Sylveon using Moonblast against Haxorus and Salamence; we don't actually know whether these were OHKO's or not. If you watch the video where Sylveon uses Moonblast v. Haxorus, we never actually see Haxorus' HP bar stop dropping; the video cuts away before we see how much damage the attack did total. Of course if you go to:

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/whats_new/

and scroll down to 'Fairy type match-ups', then you'll see in the screenshots that Sylveon is facing Haxorus and Salamence, both of which are at 0 HP. Of course, here we don't even know if Sylveon 'used' Moonblast to KO them, or if they were at full health when the attack landed. Of course, Sylveon's Moonblast could be really powerful, OHKO-ing Salamence and Haxorus; but it's all just a bit ambiguous. Gee, I wonder if they did that on purpose :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)