Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bite has like 30-40 BP. You may be thinking off Crunch, which has 60 and a chance to lower Def. They may be far from the strongest moves, but the added effects really help to make up for the lack of power.

Though I'd really like to see Yvetal with a high BP Dark type signature move. I can't imagine our first Dark-type legendary (right?) without anything stronger than Night Slash. edit: apparently Darkrai doesn't exist. But even Nightmare requires the opponent to be asleep.
Um...darkrai and zoroa

Man, I'm sucking today. I apologize. Main point being a sweet ass dark type signature move, hopefully

Which reminds me, have they announced what type that move is yet?

That probably can contradict the whole "Electric type inmunity to paralysis", poor Keckleon.

EDIT:

Thanks, AstralFire.

Also, ninja.
This makes me wonder if I use a move like soak then toxic on a poison type while its water. If my opponent switches out will they come back in and remain poisoned?

Well, Freeze is technically a poor-but-lucky man's sleep, so a Freeze Clause seems perfectly plausible.
This would be a bad idea. Why would you put a clause on that would make you have a shot off losing simply based on luck? Like ice beam, blizzard, and tri attack if they score a freeze become a risk to use. On wifi on ps it's fine though

Last edited:
I guess a Beam version would hurt...but I wonder what Oblivion Wing's description will be...
A hefty heap'n wing-claw-mawhosit smacks all of your dislike into the other guys. It may also make the target flinch.

I have a feeling its no coincidence that gf has managed to hit so many new type combinations so far with having shown only 40 pokemon.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
You guys passed the line into speculation by inventing new attacks. I also deleted all posts related to the fake type chart yesterday, so please do not discuss that again.

Gallade would actually be pretty decent with 115 speed.
But to move this toward X and Y, Gardevoir. With Trace, I can see it being pretty good in a moved up environment.
More then decent. Very, very good. Almost overpowered.

Gardevoir, oh boy. This thing will wreck. It already does pretty good in ou, as demonstrated by a user who's name I forget, so it has no were to go but up from here.

More then decent. Very, very good. Almost overpowered.

Gardevoir, oh boy. This thing will wreck. It already does pretty good in ou, as demonstrated by a user who's name I forget, so it has no were to go but up from here.
Seriously? What's its niche? It's outclassed even in NU right now, and Porygon2 is a FAR bulkier Trace user.

Unless I am missing something how are some people saying Freeze Dry will x4 some Pokemon like Kingdra? wouldn't it just be x2? Anyway, if Freeze Dry has good base power (read: 75 or above) then it'd be a really good move to use. If the move works like I think it does, It'd hit many things just with this STAB. Steel types would be the only type to resist this move (correct me if I'm wrong here).

EDIT: nvm forgot about fire types, still it probably will have Surf or something.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Unless I am missing something how are some people saying Freeze Dry will x4 some Pokemon like Kingdra? wouldn't it just be x2? Anyway, if Freeze Dry has good base power (read: 75 or above) then it'd be a really good move to use. If the move works like I think it does, It'd hit many things just with this STAB. Steel types would be the only type to resist this move (correct me if I'm wrong here).
Dragon is hit 2x by Ice. Water would be hit 2x by Freeze Dry. 2x2=4

Dragon is hit 2x by Ice. Water would be hit 2x by Freeze Dry. 2x2=4
Ah, now it's clear, I got confused, because the way I thought about it was that it behaved like normal ice move, but only SE (x2) on Water regardless of type, but I could be wrong.

Azumarill could do good with any good physical Fairy-type move, though.
If Child's Play turns out to be any good, Azumarill will be a monster.

But of course after the dust clears, I have zero doubt a reliable counter will emerge to stop Azumarill's reign of terror. Your days are numbered, Bunny-Man.

True, although it still takes a beating from anything faster and/or bulky enough to survive one of its attacks.

And the hilarious part is that jynx pretty much checks it. Speaking of whom, Jynx might see a lot more usage aside from a niche rain abuser.
Not really, considering it's pretty bulky and Jynx has that awful base 35 Defense. I suppose it could get off an LK, but it would be a shaky switch in.
Derp, I forgot about Mawile. Huge Power Foul Play is ridiculous.

Not really, considering it's pretty bulky and Jynx has that awful base 35 Defense. I suppose it could get off an LK, but it would be a shaky switch in.
Derp, I forgot about Mawile. Huge Power Foul Play is ridiculous.
I'd be more worried about Mawile's.... Unique method of setting up, specifically, switch in, activate Intimidate, Mega-Evolve, set up a Sub, profit. And all at the same time, too.

I'd be more worried about Mawile's.... Unique method of setting up, specifically, switch in, activate Intimidate, Mega-Evolve, set up a Sub, profit. And all at the same time, too.
Bam! , one good quake or mixed attacking set says goodbye to that.

Immune to water, resistant to fairy. Although Jynx does have bad defense, It could theoretically do some damage, especially if freeze dry is distributed to her.

Edit how? Last I checked Ice was neutral to Fairy.
Yes, and so is Psychic. Empoleon, Ferrothorn, Tentacruel, and Venusaur resist Water and Fairy, to name a few.

So why are there so many people saying Mega Mawile will be trash due to its weaknesses

I'll admit to not being hip to the metagame like some people but doesn't that describe like...all Pokemon.

e: I mean just look at Heatran. x2 weakness to ever popular Fighting & Water, x4 weak to the even more popular Ground

So why are there so many people saying Mega Mawile will be trash due to its weaknesses

I'll admit to not being hip to the metagame like some people but doesn't that describe like...all Pokemon.
There is a whole ONE fully evolved Pokemon without a weakness now, which is Eelektross. Mawile only has two weaknesses. That's the same amount as Ferrothorn. It has near unresisted coverage in Foul Play+ Fairy Stab. The only Pokemon to resist that is Mawile itself (Plus the hypothetical Fire/Fairy typing).

Last edited:
It's kind of impossible to say how good or otherwise Mega-Mawile will be at the moment. I know a lot of people are singing it's praises - and it certainly has potential - but there's a lot riding on what it's stats are like. We already know that it's attack (with Huge Power) will be great; but it looks like it's still going to be slow regardless. That means it will rely on it's defenses (which are apparently given a boost) - but how much of a boost? Because atm, Mawile has the terrifying defensive spread of 50/85/55. Not even a good defensive typing is going to save Mega Mawile if it's base defense stats don't rise pretty significantly.

That said, it has Huge Power Sucker Punch going for it, along with Intimidate Pre-Megalution. I guess it's just difficult to say anything right now, given the lack of specific information. Which is a totally lame-ass thing to say. But hey, the good news is that we'll have a very good idea of Mega Mawile's potential in about 3 weeks. :O

EDIT: Oh, I just realised that Ev-ing M-Mawile will be a bit problematic too. If you don't invest in defense(s), then you won't be able to take hits. But if you don't invest in attack, chances are you'll be significantly weaker. Just something else to think about I suppose.

ANOTHER EDIT: @_@
Also, seeing as you can only have one Mega per team, it's also hard to compare M-Mawile to regular pokemon; because Megawile won't be competing with regular pokemon for a team slot. Rather, it'll be competing with other Megas for that one valuable slot. So it also really depends on how M-Mawile stacks up against the other Megas more than anything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)