Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, seeing as you can only have one Mega per team, it's also hard to compare M-Mawile to regular pokemon; because Megawile won't be competing with regular pokemon for a team slot. Rather, it'll be competing with other Megas for that one valuable slot. So it also really depends on how M-Mawile stacks up against the other Megas more than anything.
Wait what? Only one mega per team? Dang! That's actually a really good point. Even if Megawile's bulk is increased significantly, so will the attack power of threats such as Megachomp.

MMawile looks like doubles material to me. There you can enter it, get intimidate, and mevo turn 1 with fewer problems thanks to fake out partners and the prevalence of protect. Also, the epic sucker punch is more appreciated.

Edit: Weak to heatwave and earthquake. Resistant to rockslide and blizzard. Hm.

Immune to water, resistant to fairy. Although Jynx does have bad defense, It could theoretically do some damage, especially if freeze dry is distributed to her.

Edit how? Last I checked Ice was neutral to Fairy.
True, although it still takes a beating from anything faster and/or bulky enough to survive one of its attacks.

And the hilarious part is that jynx pretty much checks it. Speaking of whom, Jynx might see a lot more usage aside from a niche rain abuser.
Err.. are you sure you are talking about Jynx? I think you should review type match-ups again.

The ice-type Attack that hits water for super effectiive damage, might finally make ice-types better.
By now all water types learned ice beam so people didn't use ice-types because of sr damage.

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Hozu Yea, preferably only once but it makes playing around with it initially a little harder.
Namine I guess it depends on whether its a signature move or not (I hope not :D)

MegaMawile as a dragon check? You do realize it's weak to both Fire and Ground, right?
If fairies are weak to fire
i'm breeding up a gardevoir now in preparation

i'm considering breeding a sap sipper azumaril as a breloom counter (though i doubt i'll actually use it)
I would go for breeding the sap sipper azumaril. Whilst it lacks attacking power you could always baton pass a few stat boosts.

Just watched a nbz vid, its rumoured there might be a mega Celebi/Dragonite/Salamence.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Just asking again, 'cause it seems it was ignored the last time:

Do Amaura and Aurorus mark the first use of gradient colours in official art? Their headgear have a gradient from pink to yellow, and I can't remember if such a thing was used earlier (it would probably be too complicated to sprite).

If fairies are weak to fire

I would go for breeding the sap sipper azumaril. Whilst it lacks attacking power you could always baton pass a few stat boosts.

Just watched a nbz vid, its rumoured there might be a mega Celebi/Dragonite/Salamence.
Fairy arent weak to Fire. Steel are, though thats not a big deal imo.
Huge power requires no time investment its better overall

Also I could say theres rumors of a mega Jirachi thats just baseless speculation. Were at a point now where we should be expecting photos from players guides or press kits

Just asking again, 'cause it seems it was ignored the last time:

Do Amaura and Aurorus mark the first use of gradient colours in official art? Their headgear have a gradient from pink to yellow, and I can't remember if such a thing was used earlier (it would probably be too complicated to sprite).
If we're not counting the spiffy high-tech flame effects used on Moltres' Gen. III art, I believe you're correct.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I wouldn't count Moltres, actually. Assuming you mean the art in its Bulbapedia article, you can see the flames are composed of patches of only three (or four, hard to tell) different colours. There are clear borders between colours in Moltres' art, wheras Amaura and Aurorus have true gradients.

I wouldn't either, just was the closest thing I could think of. Speaking of Moltres, if the original legendary trio get Mega formes, I demand Drought Moltres. The damn thing brings summer, it should have gotten that way before Charizard. :I Same for Drizzle Zapdos and Snow Warning Articuno.

The ice-type Attack that hits water for super effectiive damage, might finally make ice-types better.
By now all water types learned ice beam so people didn't use ice-types because of sr damage.
Not true ... Keldeo or Rotom Water or Magikarp or Tympole-line can't learn Ice Beam

IcyMan28 said:
What is all this talk of Jynx resisting Azumarill's STAB? Neither Ice nor Psychic resist Fairy, did I miss something?
Sorry to bring up something from a different page, but there was some confusion about this. Jynx has the Dry Skin ability, making it immune to water moves.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
So far new good type-combos include Dark + Fairy as well as Fairy + Ground, while Dark + Fighting pretty much got shafted due to Fairy.

The balance of the Dragon-type pretty much made it reminiscent to Electric now: strikes a limited number of types SE (there's a shit ton of Waters and Flyings though) and has a type that has a total advantage against it.

Not been discussed yet. I would be very surprised if the Dream World itself came back in any form, I get the impression it turned into a bit of a debacle all around. (A browser mini-game page you can only use for one hour a day? BRILLIANT.) I'd expect more stuff like the Hidden Hollows, NPC Trainers, and Mystery Gift Events. Hopefully a better system for breeding abilities into children is added for male-only species.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)