Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the supposed leaks are shown here. Some of them were already discussed, except the following:
  • Pancham evolves into Pangoro in the early level 30s. In order to evolve Pancham into Pangoro, you need to have one other Dark-type Pokemon in your party. Pangoro’s type is Fighting/Dark.
  • A Pokemon named Inkay evolves into Malimar. To evolve it, you have to hold your 3DS upside-down when it levels up (the 3DS has an accelerometer and gyroscope, so it can detect that). Malimar’s type is Dark/Psychic.
  • Like in B/W you have two rivals – one is friendly and the other is competitive. Your rival that is more friendly gives you his/her fully evolved starter Pokemon after you beat the game.
  • A new move, Belch, is a Poison-type attack that has a base power of 120. The user must consume a held Berry to perform it.
  • Draining Kiss is a Fairy-type attack that heals the user for the same amount of damage performed. It has a base power of 60.
  • If the previously revealed forme of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly similar to Mewtwo’s original design, the second supposed form of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly/vaguely similar to Mew‘s design.
all sounds cool. lol I lost my password hence my inactivities.

Lies, they hate that.

When it comes to Belch, the competitive viability looks kind of hit-and-miss, which is what convinces me that it's a real move. It would work at its best if the user also has Recycle, but then it becomes the awkward-turtle version of Solarbeam that requires two PP to launch, assuming the berry isn't something you'regoing to lose before you can even launch Belch. If Poison as a type becomes stronger because of this, then all the better. If it's fake, whatever.
Well, I know I had talked to Stellar about helping to keep the thread on topic and, if people got off topic, redirecting them to the chatroom to discuss about any outside things without clogging the thread.

Frankly I doubt a Poison legendary would even need to be banned to Ubers at this point. In an age where a crap ton of Pokemon that are technically "legendaries" don't even make it to ubers, it would have to have the most absurd stats ever to be banned unless something happened this gen to not make Poison types as terrible as they have been.
Eh, Pokemon with 680 BST (he's talking about Z legendary) will always considered auto-uber though, unless they have silly ability or ridiculously shallow movepool. Besides, Poison is actually a good defensive typing in OU, not counting the rumour of Fairy being weak to the type.

When it comes to Belch, the competitive viability looks kind of hit-and-miss, which is what convinces me that it's a real move. It would work at its best if the user also has Recycle, but then it becomes the awkward-turtle version of Solarbeam that requires two PP to launch, assuming the berry isn't something you'regoing to lose before you can even launch Belch. If Poison as a type becomes stronger because of this, then all the better. If it's fake, whatever.

Seems viable to me if a Pokemon with Harvest gets the move. Maybe a new Grass/Poison poke?

I'm kinda hoping it works more like Unburden does. As in, you can use it as many times as you want as long as you've already eaten a berry. It'd certainly be a nice, spammable attack that pairs nicely with Sub+Pinch berries. Except for the whole Poison type part. Poison isn't really an attacking type. Though that was said about Bug and Fighting back in the day. I can dream, at least.

Eh, Pokemon with 680 BST (he's talking about Z legendary) will always considered auto-uber though, unless they have silly ability or ridiculously shallow movepool. Besides, Poison is actually a good defensive typing in OU, not counting the rumour of Fairy being weak to the type.
Black Kyurem says Hi. lol

But yea, his Physical movepool is pretty terrible imo. So he's an exception.

kyurem doesn't even get ice punch
screams
i think that even if it got ice punch it'd be at least top-tier ou

goddammit gamefreak
buuuuuuuut yeah it'd probably be uber-worthy. there are a few poison types in ou, so it's totally possible that it could be uber with the right stats - especially since there're very few pokes that can absorb toxic spikes (except lolpoisonarceus) so it could have a good niche. bonus if its secondary type is something cool like dragon.

Black Kyurem says Hi. lol

But yea, his Physical movepool is pretty terrible imo. So he's an exception.
Kyurem-B also has a terribad physical movepool. Kyurem-W's movepool is much more respectable and it's Uber, so high stats can make up for a bad typing. And honestly, Poison typing is probably less of a turn off than Ice is. Ice is good offensively and terrible defensively, not to metion its SR weakness. Poison is terrible offensively, but pretty decent on defense. And it isn't like a defensive mon is likely to use a Poison move that's not Toxic anyway.
So tl;dr Poison Ubers pls, GF.

I do that and many do, but, as I've seen on the last thread, it causes problems. We just don't want things that are opinions to be stated as if they are fact, otherwise people DO think GF has confirmed something.
At this point, if someone bought information from a smogon user who is not a mod, that person would have to be really stupid.

Getting Shedinja requires an empty slot in your party and iirc an extra Pokeball in your inventory, on top of Nincada being level 20 or above.
I was just trying to make what he was saying clearer, not saying I agree. But true, there are some very strange evolution methods already. It definitely would not be the weirdest thing.

At this point, if someone bought information from a smogon user who is not a mod, that person would have to be really stupid.
No offense to anyone, but have you SEEN some of the people here?
I read nearly every page of the last thread and this thread; it just leads to problems. Don't expect others to be smart if your intellect can keep the stupidity of others from happening at all. It's just better not to cause a potential issue in the first place.

gamefreak are all about breaking down old traditions as of late, though. "it hasn't been done before," isn't really an excuse anymore, especially since they're trying to shake things up and keep it all fresh. personally, i think a gyroscope evo would be so goofy, it's just a gamefreak thing to do. not that i necessarily believe the "leaks," but they're not out of the question just for being weird.

gamefreak are all about breaking down old traditions as of late, though. "it hasn't been done before," isn't really an excuse anymore, especially since they're trying to shake things up and keep it all fresh. personally, i think a gyroscope evo would be so goofy, it's just a gamefreak thing to do. not that i necessarily believe the "leaks," but they're not out of the question just for being weird.
I wonder how far they will shake things up. If they create a jynx evolution I think anything can happen.

I definitely don't think a gyro scope evo is out of the question. And to all of you saying that how exactly the anime would do it, don't. I've uncommonly seen the anime follow the games' mechanics for ANYTHING. First example that comes to mind is Eevee getting hit by Shadow Ball. Others include, Slowpoke into Slowking without trading. PLENTY of pokes evolving through sheer friendship alone when it normally takes a level up. And OF COURSE, lol t-bolt on Onix and Rhydon. Seriously guys, they could just make it evolve by hanging off of a tree.

I definitely don't think a gyro scope evo is out of the question. And to all of you saying that how exactly the anime would do it, don't. I've uncommonly seen the anime follow the games' mechanics for ANYTHING. First example that comes to mind is Eevee getting hit by Shadow Ball. Others include, Slowpoke into Slowking without trading. PLENTY of pokes evolving through sheer friendship alone when it normally takes a level up. And OF COURSE, lol t-bolt on Onix and Rhydon. Seriously guys, they could just make it evolve by hanging off of a tree.

Not to mention that pokemon in the games can't evolve during a battle.

Serebii said:
As has been announced within their E3 schedule, Nintendo is due to have a special Pokémon X & Y Presentation/Q&A at one of the roundtables following their Nintendo Direct presentation. This presentation is to run on June 11th at 6pm Pacific time (9pm Eastern, 2am England) within the E3 halls and will last 90 minutes. It is run by Junichi Masuda and Tsunekazu Ishihara, the president of The Pokémon Company. It is unknown if the content for this Q&A will be broadcast on the internet, but we'll provide details as it comes.
A Q&A session? Can people just ask pretty much whenever? If so, I guess we'll probably learn Sylveons type then.

Yeah, serebii has a post on it as well. I'm guessing (hoping?) that means we'll get interesting news before that. I don't recall huge revelations being made at Q&A sessions.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
People can ask anything, but it's up to Masuda and Ishihara to answer them. More importantly, I wonder what we'll be getting from that presentation. It's a 90-minute event after all, at least half an hour might be for new info.

well, just because they can ask doesn't mean the two will answer them. i'm betting on them being, well, japanese.
[youtube]yg7KbyJrifU[/youtube]

{skip to 47 seconds in to go to the relevant part}

i'm betting on them being, well, japanese.
It's funnier cause I watched the 1st season of Hetalia. But, yea, I completely agree. They'll probably just show a brand new trailer by the end and reveal "sprinkles" of information here and there.

It's probably going to be an explanation of what we know so far for press who probably doesn't care as much.

New info is going to be down to the inevitable Q&A session and what questions get asked.

It's probably going to be an explanation of what we know so far for press who probably doesn't care as much.

New info is going to be down to the inevitable Q&A session and what questions get asked.
hopefully they ask questions that need answers so we can have closure

like Sylveon's type, Xerneas's type, Yveltal's type, final evolutions, riding Pokemon...the list goes on to infinity. Any closure would be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)