Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow I can't picture myself riding a Dugtrio or a Magcargo. I don't think we can ride every kind of pokemon out there. Which is why I believe riding to be a move that only some pokemon learn, like Fly or Dive.

And yet, we can fly on a Zubat or Pidgey. I was thinking it could replace the bike, but that means it would be necessary to catch it.

I hope the designs aren't gonna be too derpy. The goat-thing is cool, the panda is ok, but the robin is generic, and the yellow dog-thing is just... weird... (Is it even a dog?)

The bird looks boring you say?

Gee, that's new.
SHUT UP. TAILLOW IS ADORABLE.
also you forgot hoothoot
Anyone else hoping we can finally ride our old Pokémon like Dodrio and Rapidash?
i hope so - maybe a new field move for it? that'd be pretty awesome. riding that arcanine just like all of those people do in the show. totally kick-ass.

i'd much rather see dodrio fly, though. CUSTOM ANIMATIONZZZZZZZ

I like the design except the electric lizard which is kinda meh. It's nice to see a panda that doesn't look retarded like Spinda and it's also nice to see colors on a bird :P.

About the parabola charge move, I guess it's either a charging move like solarbeam or a stat boosting move.

ElectivireRocks

Banned deucer.
Parabola Charge is an electric-type Giga Drain. It's been confirmed on Serebii.

The worst deisgn IMO is Gogoat. A goat version of Sawsbuck, really?

The Panda does look good - I just hope they don't pull another bearctic and just try to do the ursaring thing again. Polar bears are my favorite animal, but bearctic looks both lazily thought-out and kinda dumb. Hopefully the panda's evo will look more inventive. Maybe give it more differing stat distribution too.

Though fighting type panda... tekken anyone? (panda from tekken, the original kung-fu panda).

The Panda does look good - I just hope they don't pull another bearctic and just try to do the ursaring thing again. Polar bears are my favorite animal, but bearctic looks both lazily thought-out and kinda dumb. Hopefully the panda's evo will look more inventive. Maybe give it more differing stat distribution too.
i was thinking maybe evolving into fighting/grass and using a bamboo shoot as a staff in combat?

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Probably my favourite heroine ever!!
She can look both modest and fetish (for guys)

And she's so much more mature looking than Dawn,
what Dawn looked like those days was one silly cheap fetish girl who somehow wears summer and winter clothes together at the same time.
(Sorry if this sounds mean to Dawn fans ^^")

I am so looking forward to play as that French girl. (I'm female :p)
(I mean, she looks very French to me, anyone else?)

"That looks like Mawile."
"Wait... no it doesn't. Why would they even reveal prevos now?"
"Electric... definetly not."

Parabola charge? Like a graph curve? These are all just japanese names, right? Within a week we should be getting an english version of this info. (and hopefully a trailer?)
Yay, I'm not the first one to find that lizard look like Mawile xD

Originally Posted by Fat Jabroni
I hope they'd release a dolphin this gen.

I am so looking forward to play as that French girl. (I'm female :p)
(I mean, she looks very French to me, anyone else?)
the region is based on france, right? i'd hope she's french!

EDIT guys... the picture on the top-right of the second scan in the thread, the one with the player characters... to the right of the male's head. what is that coming out of the pokeball?

While the customisation is a step in the right direction, I hope that it is possible in any way to customise clothing as well. That was something that was done very well in PBR.

As to the pokémon: I quite like the Panda + Gogoat.

As to the moves: A U-turn like move who only alters stats before switching out? If we would place that kind of move in the current metagame: Gimmick or Godsend?

Cresselia~~

EDIT guys... the picture on the top-right of the second scan in the thread, the one with the player characters... to the right of the male's head. what is that coming out of the pokeball?
Yes, we do know that it's in France, so the character design is absolutely fitting.

So can we assume Parting Remark is fighting type U-turn?

And is there more info? Like Xerneas and Yveltal's (And Sylveon's) typing? So we can be sure Fairy-type is (not) real.

And is there more info? Like Xerneas and Yveltal's (And Sylveon's) typing? So we can be sure Fairy-type is (not) real.
well, we might have a rival reveal. see that blonde chick under the images for possible customisations of the players in the second scan image?

So can we assume Parting Remark is fighting type U-turn?

but it's said that it alters stats before switching out.

Cresselia~~

Am I the only one who find their watches (wrist bands?) really cool?

There isn't text that says anything about the pokeball.
The text just reads the male main character.

As to the moves: A U-turn like move who only alters stats before switching out? If we would place that kind of move in the current metagame: Gimmick or Godsend?
It's certainly different, since the only move that has done something like this is Memento, which faints the Pokemon (and this move doesn't seem to). This new move could be used as a nice way to minimize risk when you need to switch to an appropriate counter, if it lowers an offensive stat. If it lowers a defensive stat, then it could also find utility as a way to force a switch since that guaranteed 2HKO might now be a 1HKO with the lowered defense. Can't wait to find out more about it.

Hopefully the English site updates with these on Tuesday in the Americas since it will be Wednesday in Japan for most of the day. I believe Sylveon's English info was put up on a Tuesday this way?

but it's said that it alters stats before switching out.
Wait where can this information be found? I don't think Serebii states this. I was thinking that Parting Remark would be more like a Fighting-type Memento.

Anyways, all designs except for Elikiteru look extremely cool. PANDA.

Am I the only one who find their watches (wrist bands?) really cool?

There isn't text that says anything about the pokeball.
The text just reads the male main character.
nonononono not the text.

the thing i pointed to in the blue colour.

also, the pink arrow is because... is he wearing a brown hat with ears? like, tanooky (sp?) mario style?

i am the best editor ever

I can offer more information as I am fluent in Japanese:
Elikiteru is most likely going to be the 'hatsuden' pokemon (Power generation pokemon), which makes sense as it is electric type.

The second image says that you can ride gogoat in Miare city - it does not outwardly state that it can be ridden anywhere else.

Also, the trainers wear sporty outfits!!

Hope that helps :) I would translate more but the images are a little too small for me to make out the rest.

I can offer more information as I am fluent in Japanese:
Elikiteru is most likely going to be the 'hatsuden' pokemon (Power generation pokemon), which makes sense as it is electric type.

The second image says that you can ride gogoat in Miare city - it does not outwardly state that it can be ridden anywhere else.

Also, the trainers wear sporty outfits!!

Hope that helps :) I would translate more but the images are a little too small for me to make out the rest.
not baaad. thanks a lot!

it might just be a city-exclusive thing. maybe not all cities allow it?
(yet you can have pokemon battles and potentially destroy buildings wherever you want)

Cresselia~~

nonononono not the text.

the thing i pointed to in the blue colour.

also, the pink arrow is because... is he wearing a brown hat with ears? like, tanooky (sp?) mario style?

i am the best editor ever
I mean I don't know what's coming out of that pokeball because it's too small and there are no text describing it ^^

I hope the "ears" are just his glasses

It seems like the new region is called Carlos. (Karosu jihou)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)