Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised it doesn't seem like anybody has brought up the prospect of the bird evolving Fire/Flying since they're emphasizing its ability to learn flame charge and it does somewhat make sense for a robin.

All of the designs look great imo, especially since they've got great evo potential. The goat doesn't look like it'll evolve though unfortunately. And do we not have an early rodent pokemon this gen? I doubt it would be missed.

And is it confirmed that we'll only have 3 options per gender? Better than nothing I guess. I just love that they look a bit older.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Assuming Pokébeach' translation of Chespin's moves is correct, it looks like Vine Whip and maybe Tackle is up for a PP change. Vine Whip has 15 PP nowadays, whereas Chespin's attacks (in the left of the two pictures) have 35, 40 and 25 PP, respectively (the one with 25 having a green blurb next to it). Growl has 40 PP. 35 PP would fit Pound or Scratch, but assuming Tackle is correct, it's 5 more PP for that one.

Also, Froakie is now said to be able to jump, and has an emphasis on bubbles. Am I naïve for guessing it might later be part Flying?

The new pokes are actually.. fine with me. I love the panda and the goat.
And do anyone else see something sun-god inspired on the lizard? I'm calling some kind of sphinx evolution. Electric/Fire?

Btw, the legs seem disproportionally long on the characters. I know it's fancy with long legs and all, but they don't have to overdo it. :O

definitely makes sense! i wonder what it'd get when it evolves, though... sheer force? can't really extrapolate much without at least a picture, haha

hariyama is pretty offensive and has terrible bulk outside of great hp, but i totally forgot about throh.

runkidd. i like that. not too bad. did you get that from "rugged"?
Hah! no, just from go and goat.

Its hard to imagine a purely defensive fighting type. Their moves are almost all offensive. Plus, as fighting types, a hefty amount of stat total's gotta be in attack. That, and judo and sumo wrestling are the two most defensive fighting arts that I can think of, but they did those already (throh,hariyama). So the designers will have to be pretty inventive to make a a really defensive pokemon and justifiably call it fighting type. they have already tried a few times though. Scrafty's actually a good example. defensive emphasis but still a decent enough attack stat. more of a bulky offensive tank than a straight up wall

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
The new pokes are actually.. fine with me. I love the panda and the goat.
And do anyone else see something sun-god inspired on the lizard? I'm calling some kind of sphinx evolution. Electric/Fire?

Btw, the legs seem disproportionally long on the characters. I know it's fancy with long legs and all, but they don't have to overdo it. :O
Electric and fire would be fun.
It makes sense as well since electrical sparks can cause fire.

Manectric can also learn fire moves.

Compared to true human anatomy, sure. But they're really rather mild exaggerations in the world of animé. I mean, have you seen the characters from Sailor Moon?

Elekiteru's pretty much a combination solar panel + frill-necked lizard. I wonder if its Normal typing will change when it evolves? Perhaps to Steel (solar panel) or Dragon (lizard, duh)? Regardless, Elekiteru itself is so adorably derpy. <3

Also I'm catching a Yancham and naming it Po. :3

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Actually most legs are long, I think those are not that strange, but I think the female characters legs are to wide, it is the widest part of her body and her Taille is smaller than one leg

Actually most legs are long, I think those are not that strange, but I think the female characters legs are to wide, it is the widest part of her body and her Taille is smaller than one leg
Yeah, maybe it's not so bad afterall. The legs are about half of a humans length. They're very long from a pokemon-world point of view though, maybe that's what put me off.

Cresselia~~

Agreed. Ken Sugimori tends to give the female characters really wide legs
(Especially Claire :c )

But I think her legs might look a bit longer than other Pokemon characters because she's wearing a high-waist skirt, whilst most other Pokemon females are wearing low-waist garments.

-looks at Serebii-
MY PEOPLE HAVE ARRIVED!!!

Now then, some notes:
The gender association comes from the idea the the female protagonist wears red and black, which resembles Yveltal's color scheme. Meanwhile the boy is wearing a blue jumpsuit, and kind of reminds one of Xerneas. That's all there is to the "Y girl" bit.

Also, I remember someone speculated about Pokemon mounts in the first thread, I'm surprised to see that they actually had it planned, so 5 points for whoever was part of the Nintendo hivemind that predicted that :D

What's that red thing above Gogoat? is that our new Pokedex? Is it a tablet, like an iPad?

I still don't care that I can make the character look closer to my natural skin and hair color, I still want to play as a little blonde french girl. And she STILL radiates hot babe. But I'm not going to complain about customization.

i was thinking this too, actually. "elekiteru" or something like that?

electric + sunshine?

makes sense to me, especially if it's based on a frilled lizard - the open frill can look like the sun.

Agreed. Ken Sugimori tends to give the female characters really wide legs
(Especially Claire :c )

But I think her legs might look a bit longer than other Pokemon characters because she's wearing a high-waist skirt, whilst most other Pokemon females are wearing low-waist garments.

Nothin wrong with a girl with some thick legs ;)

i like the girl's design, from her body to the outfit...but the guy is horrible imo.
his face/hair/hat all look identical to a girl. and his outfit is awful..he looks like he's in a too-small track outfit with some military boots on.....ew.

Now then, some notes:
The gender association comes from the idea the the female protagonist wears red and black, which resembles Yveltal's color scheme. Meanwhile the boy is wearing a blue jumpsuit, and kind of reminds one of Xerneas. That's all there is to the "Y girl" bit.
well, people do associate the second version with the female, so that's not the only reason...

What's that red thing above Gogoat? is that our new Pokedex? Is it a tablet, like an iPad?
pretty sure it is! i'm surprised that it doesn't look like a 3ds. all of them with the exception of gen 5's have kinda looked like the console the particular gen was played on.

I still don't care that I can make the character look closer to my natural skin and hair color, I still want to play as a little blonde french girl. And she STILL radiates hot babe. But I'm not going to complain about customization.
LOL YOU THINK THE PLAYER CHARACTERS ARE HOT
reminds me of how a person in my old school who i called 'cheren' said that he only picked the girl because he liked looking at her rear (he hated it - even though he looked so much like cheren lol. i didn't even learn his true name until the last day of school. he used to call me bianca because i was blonde and have rather poofy hair sometimes)

imma pick the boy because y version, but i'm torn between the one i should play as! any advice? ;o;

I for one really like the player character designs, both of them. They're a huge step up from DP and BW's protagonists... I mean remember Lucas? At least this one looks kinda badass. Let's just hope they don't give them terrible names like Hilbert and Hilda this time around.

I for one really like the player character designs, both of them. They're a huge step up from DP and BW's protagonists... I mean remember Lucas? At least this one looks kinda badass. Let's just hope they don't give them terrible names like Hilbert and Hilda this time around.
concur with the yucky names. rosa was pretty 'bleh' too i think, though i still called her that for my white 2 (was heavily thinking of calling her ivory)

still, though. DID LUCAS, HILBERT, NATE AND ??? (not me - the other ???) ALL BUY THEIR CLOTHES AT THE SAME PLACE.

THEY ALL ARE WEARING THE SAME THING.

Cresselia~~

i like the girl's design, from her body to the outfit...but the guy is horrible imo.
his face/hair/hat all look identical to a girl. and his outfit is awful..he looks like he's in a too-small track outfit with some military boots on.....ew.
xD Just not my cup of tea.

The boy looked fine to me.
Last time I left the UK, quite a lot of teenaged-boys wore stuff that looked like that. Not sure what they wore in France though.

its the french way...
The boy sprites have looked bad for a while. Black was ok (if essentially a reboot of red), but black 2 (especially overworld sprite) looked dumb, I wasn't a huge fan of diamond either. its like they're determined that everyone needs a godamn hat. They're already running out of good ideas. I bet the last few generations will just end up being the dudes from the ymca song.

Shiruba, I think this female character is a good rebound design from Rosa, who looked like a brunette Sailor Moon. I mean, seriously. I have some mild issues with their outfits, but the reason the female's legs look so long is because her clothes really section her off and play wth her proportions. The break in the stockings and the height of her skirt's waist makes her look more like she's got bishi proportions. There are some problems with the boy's ck=lothes too that make him look a bit broken, like with his collar.
But basically yes, I think the radiates hot babe, because she's carrying herself quite fashionably.

So does anyone know where they got the region name Karos? Is it maybe based on the name of a district/city state in France?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)