Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Chespin and Forakie both learn a new attack by level 8, the assumption is made that Fennekin will learn Howl at the same level that Chespin learns Rollout. By this, though, Chespin certainly looks more like an offensive attacker, Fennekin may become special, And Froakie may well become the fastest of the three.
Oh wow...yeah I think they just skipped a move for Howl.
Maybe Fennekin final can run a decent mixed set like Infernape.
We'll see...the fact that Froakie can leap a 3 story building means that it has LOTS of leg muscle strength...and beefy leg muscles means faster movement, so Froakie final just might out speed Sceptile as fastest unboosted Starter Pokemon final evo.
Or it could just end up being another Poliwrath...we'll see

Perhaps that's when he learns Confusion...the other two learn other attacking moves, and they may want to cover it up for the time being to help with speculation.
Who said it learns Confusion? For all we know, that squiggly lines technique may have been Psychic, which it may have only known through a TM.
If they do respectively learn Rollout, Howl and Quick Attack at level 8, then new players will get introduced to three very different fighting mechanics that break the rules of a typical battle early on (multi-turn, speed priority, successful escapes without trying to run away), so those techniques on them are pretty good choices, I think.

Grammar sidenote, because people who don't know just don't know I suppose; They don't use sprites anymore with Gen VI. It's all 3D MODELS. Please use a phrase similar to "3D models" when talking about the 3D objects that make up Pokemon or any other elements when talking about any object/model/element in the games to save the sanity of game savvy jerks like myself and GenXXZ.

it isn't complete yet lol.
for all we know, it could end up looking entirely different
That's not very likely. Like there might be some mild differences but they're not likely to showcase something so unfinished that it would like entirely different in the final product.

I read way earlier on the thread people analyzing the logic behind Fairy type's rumored matchups. To me, the only logic is that it's a "help balance the typechart" type.

Who said it learns Confusion? For all we know, that squiggly lines technique may have been Psychic, which it may have only known through a TM.
If they do respectively learn Rollout, Howl and Quick Attack at level 8, then new players will get introduced to three very different fighting mechanics that break the rules of a typical battle early on, so those techniques on them are pretty good choices, I think.
Perhaps, but I think the point being made is that if Fennekin does learn Confusion at level 8, it would make sense for them to have leveled the Fennekin to 11 to replace it with Howl, so as to hide Confusion. Of course, this is assuming that Fennekin will evolve into a Fire/Psychic type as commonly speculated.

Maybe it learns a super secret Fairy type move that they want to keep under wraps! Or maybe it just has some not so good moves at low levels.
Or just an oversight on when they took the picture

Of course the other easy answer is just plain that Fennekin doesn't get it's 4th move until Level 11. It's not too unprecedented (eg: Tepig got Odor Sleuth at 9, Oshawott got Water sport at 11)

Perhaps, but I think the point being made is that if Fennekin does learn Confusion at level 8, it would make sense for them to have leveled the Fennekin to 11 to replace it with Howl, so as to hide Confusion. Of course, this is assuming that Fennekin will evolve into a Fire/Psychic type as commonly speculated.
But why bother hiding Confusion at all when they've already shown the Pokemon using it (or some other Psychic type move)

It's just a move that may or may not get STAB when it evolves. Why would the developers care about what the fans theorize.

Or just an oversight on when they took the picture

Of course the other easy answer is just plain that Fennekin doesn't get it's 4th move until Level 11. It's not too unprecedented (eg: Tepig got Odor Sleuth at 9, Oshawott got Water sport at 11)

But why bother hiding Confusion at all when they've already shown the Pokemon using it (or some other Psychic type move)

It's just a move that may or may not get STAB when it evolves. Why would the developers care about what the fans theorize.
Yeah, a couple of people also made this complaint about not getting a STAB/potential STAB technique that they won't have to consider replacing an old move for with Fennekin. By this logic, people must think that Chespin will become a Grass/Rock and Froakie will become a Water/Normal

There's starters capable of their first move replacement from level 12 through 16. 11 doesn't seem that outrageous.

All in all though it's not a big deal either way. If it goes anything like usual then 2-4 hours in to the game you already won't be using any of these moves anyway.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Maybe it learns a super secret Fairy type move that they want to keep under wraps! Or maybe it just has some not so good moves at low levels.
If they reveal it now, everyone's gonna know that Sylveon is this new type, so it spoils the fun for Game Freak.

I think Game Freak would be holding it up for at least one or two weeks.

Does anybody wish to switch speculation topics on Sylveon? I have read a lot of talk about its still secret typing, but not the BST. I'm willing to bet that it'll follow the same format as previous Eeveelutions (130-110-95-65-65-60). So, judging by the way it has been portrayed so far, what do you guys think the spread will be?

Since both Espeon and Glaceon have 130 Special Attack, I don't think that the 130 will reside there, and it doesn't look to physically threatening, so I don't think it'll be 130 Attack either. I'll hazard a bet on:

110 HP
60 Att
65 Def
65 SpA
130 SpD
95 Spd

Just because it looks so non-threatening, I think it'll be more defensive, and it doesn't look particularly rough and tumble, so specially defensive it is (although I realize that Leafeon doesn't look beefy either).

So, some good special bulk, fairly good speed, and the rest is... well, you know. I had a hard time on whether i wanted that 95 in Special Attack or Speed though.

Does anybody wish to switch speculation topics on Sylveon? I have read a lot of talk about its still secret typing, but not the BST. I'm willing to bet that it'll follow the same format as previous Eeveelutions (130-110-95-65-65-60). So, judging by the way it has been portrayed so far, what do you guys think the spread will be?

Since both Espeon and Glaceon have 130 Special Attack, I don't think that the 130 will reside there, and it doesn't look to physically threatening, so I don't think it'll be 130 Attack either. I'll hazard a bet on:

110 HP
60 Att
65 Def
65 SpA
130 SpD
95 Spd

Just because it looks so non-threatening, I think it'll be more defensive, and it doesn't look particularly rough and tumble, so specially defensive it is (although I realize that Leafeon doesn't look beefy either).

So, some good special bulk, fairly good speed, and the rest is... well, you know. I had a hard time on whether i wanted that 95 in Special Attack or Speed though.
Competitive wise, I think it's better to change the HP and SpA stats. Sylveon looks like a special attacker to me, so either base 95 or 110 seems fine. I'm just not really a fan of a fast special wall with no attacking power, it seems like easy set-up bait. Then, changing the SpD and Spd would be better, but than we have Jolteon's stats iirc... So, I really have no idea how its stats should be, as we don't know its movepool and other aspects of Gen VI...

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
I guess this would make it prime time for a Mr. Mime/Jynx evo.
I can see how Mr. Mime relates to Europe, particularly places like France and Italy.
But Jynx kind of feels more towards Nordic/ Slavic/ Viking to me.

Anyway, I won't be amused if Mr. Mime gets one but not the other.
(I'd probably rage too :c )

I'm guessing the 130 will be in speed, with the 110 in one of the special stats. They've made enough useless slow eeveelutions I think they will try something new. It looks like it uses special attacks and to me looks like it will be capable of travelling fast.

Shame Smash didn't reveal anything BTW

If they reveal it now, everyone's gonna know that Sylveon is this new type, so it spoils the fun for Game Freak.

I think Game Freak would be holding it up for at least one or two weeks.
/facepalm

I swear i'll kill a puppy the next time someone mentions Fairy/Light type.
From where to where do people take an absent move as indication of a new type?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)