Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
Thank god, I really want Team Preview to stay. I don't really understand where all this Team Preview hate is coming from. More information =/= less strategy... Team Preview is an incredibly useful tool that helps us identify key opposing Pokemon and create win conditions (something a lot of people find hard to do).

Actually Dragon moves will be the most spammed seeing how only Skarmory is the only Pokemon that resists Dragon moves. So in fact Dragonite, Salamence, FLygon, can easily spam Outrage or Draco Meteor once Skarmory is gone. So I can see Skarmory being the OU in Sky BAttles
theoretically, yes, but we don't know what most of the new pokemon will look like, nor do we know which pokemon will be allowed in sky battles - so theorymonning can only get us to a certain point imo

Actually Dragon moves will be the most spammed seeing how only Skarmory is the only Pokemon that resists Dragon moves. So in fact Dragonite, Salamence, FLygon, can easily spam Outrage or Draco Meteor once Skarmory is gone. So I can see Skarmory being the OU in Sky BAttles

That is unless some flying types get retconned to have the fairy type. Which I'm pretty sure they'll do; the point of the fairy type is to weaken the dragon type so I think they're working towards avoiding that situation.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Better hope that using them in battle doesn't raise this, while having them faint lowers it or something like that.
It's not the same thing as happiness.

At least it appears this is something that's exclusive to the Pokemon-amie feature. I wouldn't imagine they'd introduce the whole minigame just for you to not have to use it to get any of the benefits from using it.

That is unless some flying types get retconned to have the fairy type. Which I'm pretty sure they'll do; the point of the fairy type is to weaken the dragon type so I think they're working towards avoiding that situation.
Togekiss would be a possible flying/fairy, since it's in the egg group.

Better hope that using them in battle doesn't raise this, while having them faint lowers it or something like that.
If that were the case then people could just battle with it maxed out, like happiness.

But honestly it's WAY too early to be having this discussion, when nobody knows how this feature actually works or what it truly even does. Wait until you know its effects on battles and how to control it ingame.

It's not the same thing as happiness.

At least it appears this is something that's exclusive to the Pokemon-amie feature. I wouldn't imagine they'd introduce the whole minigame just for you to not have to use it to get any of the benefits from using it.
Still, someone might want to try it out or something and then they can't use that mon. It doesn't seem fair to ban it, especially if it has other perks (they mentioned easier ev/iv stuff, maybe this raises ivs or gives increased ev gains)

Axew at level 8 in that screencap. Always a good sign.

These feelings... Pokemon is final stepping up big, catching up to the rest of the gaming world.

I need to build my team for the rest of my Pokemon life..hurry the hell up October.

Sky Battles is really really interesting.

Still, someone might want to try it out or something and then they can't use that mon. It doesn't seem fair to ban it, especially if it has other perks (they mentioned easier ev/iv stuff, maybe this raises ivs or gives increased ev gains)
If all it does is increase chance to dodge or crit, it should absolutely be banned. Those are the only mechanics we know of at this time for sure that it has an impact on in relation to battles.

the english website has already updated with the new pokemon artwork
Talonflame
An evolved form of the recently announced Fletchling, Talonflame is a Fire- and Flying-type Pokémon that gains a whole new level of speed and firepower. It dives at foes, and then attacks with devastating kicks.

An evolved form of the recently announced Fletchling, Talonflame is a Fire- and Flying-type Pokémon that gains a whole new level of speed and firepower. It dives at foes, and then attacks with devastating kicks.

Another Blaze Kick user perhaps?

Clauncher
Clauncher is easily recognizable by the oversized claw on one of its arms. This useful claw can seize prey and shoot water at others as a projectile!

Clauncher's enormous claw can also crack boulders when the Pokémon is at close range.

Uh no. Cresselia is already better than Gardevoir. Gamefreak isn't going to make Gardevoir crap again by improving a pokemon that's exactly like her but better.
I'm talking about if it gets the fairy typing. I doubt Game Freak going to keep it from getting it solely because another psychic got it.

If all it does is increase chance to dodge or crit, it should absolutely be banned. Those are the only mechanics we know of at this time for sure that it has an impact on in relation to battles.
On showdown, like I said before it wouldn't have much impact on in game to ban it there. It will most likely be somewhere around 5% anyhow.

Skrelp
Disguised by its shape, Skrelp pretends to be a piece of seaweed. When prey gets too close, Skrelp bathes it in poison to keep it from struggling.
I wonder if Skrelp & Clauncher might be version exclusives? They were shown off in an X vs Y battle and all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)