Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
nah bro they just gave us a crapton of new pokemon and new features to leech off of

sounds like a bunch of crap to me
The new features that revolve around chance? Greattttttttttttttttttttttt
New Pokemon are ok but the bird was to be expected and Sky Battles were part of the rumor.

@above they could've made more money with a stream, live blogs are terrible

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Something's bothering me. Pokebeach's rumor states Fairy is SE against Dark, and yet Hydreigon survived Gardevoir's Fairy Wind. UltiMario calculated the move to be between 50 and 60 BP, but I'm sure he only worked with a 2x weakness. Is Fairy Wind as weak as Absorb, or was MageLeif lying about it and ONLY about it?

Clauncher
Clauncher is easily recognizable by the oversized claw on one of its arms. This useful claw can seize prey and shoot water at others as a projectile!
Do I smell a Water/Fire pistol shrimp in the making?

Doesn't mean they have to give us barely any information, they can tell us how many English words there are and give a 10 minute history on Pokemon (which they've already done!) but they can't tell us even a tidbit of Mewtwo's new forme? Sounds like a bunch of crap to me.
Oh hush. Maybe we'll learn more about it next month, after the movie hits theaters. Don't act spoiled.

Doesn't mean they have to give us barely any information, they can tell us how many English words there are and give a 10 minute history on Pokemon (which they've already done!) but they can't tell us even a tidbit of Mewtwo's new forme? Sounds like a bunch of crap to me.
but they still told us about new battling aspects to deal with in the main game
they still told us about the new type, how old pokemon are getting retyped, and how it will be super effective against dragon
they still showed off 5 new Pokemon
they told us a lot about the online features
they showed how dynamic the battle camera is
they even told us what Pokemon-Aime does (which frankly surprised me, honestly)!

they showed off a lot of things, dude, and there's more to the game (like the words leading into the language thing and talking about the worldwide release's issues with the developers (AT THE DEVELOPER ROUNDTABLE GEE WHY DID THEY MENTION IT????)) than giving every single detail about everything shown.
Which, again, almost no games have that level of detail about all of their inner workings before release.

Been trying to catch up on this thread since it opened, and my god you guys work quickly. Not sure if it's already been posted, since I've been reading every other page today.

Did some damage calcs on the Lvl 50. Hydreigon vs. Gardevoir clip and Fairy Wind. Super effectiveness is at 2x, since if it were 4x the move would have to have 40 or less BP. If it were neutral, it would be very powerful. One can thus presume that Fairy is neutral against Dark.

0 SpA Gardevoir Fairy Wind (BP 95) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Hydreigon: 96-114 (57.48 - 68.26%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Gardevoir Fairy Wind (BP 80) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Hydreigon: 80-96 (47.9 - 57.48%) -- 90.23% chance to 2HKO

252 SpA Gardevoir Fairy Wind (BP 78) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Hydreigon: 96-114 (57.14 - 67.85%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Gardevoir Fairy Wind (BP 65) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Hydreigon: 80-96 (47.61 - 57.14%) -- 90.23% chance to 2HKO

I think that the most likely circumstances of that battle don't include optimal Smogon sets. I would place the base power somewhere around 90. A solid move, likely to be a staple among fairy types.

PSEUDO-EDIT: Ohhh shit, forgot STAB. Probably much weaker, or that was a very defensive Hydreigon.

I love the new Pokemon so far, though Skrelp seems a little busy to me. We even got that bullet shrimp we've been hoping for!

Something's bothering me. Pokebeach's rumor states Fairy is SE against Dragon, and yet Hydreigon survived Gardevoir's Fairy Wind. UltiMario calculated the move to be between 50 and 60 BP, but I'm sure he only worked with a 2x weakness. Is Fairy Wind as weak as Absorb, or was MageLeif lying about it and ONLY about it?
I...was MageLeif lying about the super effective thing that the official site and trailer explicitly showed off & talked about?
But it is known that Fairy-type moves are super effective against Dragon-type Pokémon!
Fairy-type attacks will be super effective against Dragon-type Pokémon such as Haxorus.
Even powerful Pokémon such as Salamence will have to be wary of Fairy-type attacks.

I am reposting this because come on now
Something's bothering me. Pokebeach's rumor states Fairy is SE against Dragon, and yet Hydreigon survived Gardevoir's Fairy Wind. UltiMario calculated the move to be between 50 and 60 BP, but I'm sure he only worked with a 2x weakness. Is Fairy Wind as weak as Absorb, or was MageLeif lying about it and ONLY about it?
I...was MageLeif lying about the super effective thing that the official site and trailer explicitly showed off & talked about?
But it is known that Fairy-type moves are super effective against Dragon-type Pokémon!
Fairy-type attacks will be super effective against Dragon-type Pokémon such as Haxorus.
Even powerful Pokémon such as Salamence will have to be wary of Fairy-type attacks.

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
but they still told us about new battling aspects to deal with in the main game
they still told us about the new type, how old pokemon are getting retyped, and how it will be super effective against dragon
they still showed off 5 new Pokemon
they told us a lot about the online features
they showed how dynamic the battle camera is
they even told us what Pokemon-Aime does (which frankly surprised me, honestly)!

they showed off a lot of things, dude, and there's more to the game (like the words leading into the language thing and talking about the worldwide release's issues with the developers (AT THE DEVELOPER ROUNDTABLE GEE WHY DID THEY MENTION IT????)) than giving every single detail about everything shown.
Which, again, almost no games have that level of detail about all of their inner workings before release.
Fairy was a good reveal, good thing that wasn't part of this conference. 5 new pokes and online? Sure. Battle Camera? Who gives a shit. Pokemon Aime sounds like an awful feature because of it's hax involvement and was better off unsaid, it could've been so much more.

I'm not saying they didn't give a good amount of info, the info just wasn't the best.

@Fairy matchups- It sounds like Dark isn't weak to Fairy, it would be consistent with the idea of 60 BP.

Edit: 4 Pokemon were revealed during a random Corocoro. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect more from the biggest gaming event of the year at a 90 minute conference about a single series.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I don't know if this was mentioned already, but GF is concerned with regards on how to transfer Pokemon from previous gens to X and Y, since DS and 3DS cannot connect normally. There's a chance that we will get a new slate as far as event/tutor moves (and maybe DW abilities) go.

Doesn't mean they have to give us barely any information, they can tell us how many English words they are and give a 10 minute history on Pokemon (which they've already done!) but they can't tell us even a tidbit of Mewtwo's new forme? Sounds like a bunch of crap to me.
Gamefreak is not obliged to tell us anything about this game, be happy we know this much about the game at all. I mean them being at E3 in the first place was completely unexpected, and it's not like we didn't get any info out of it either. Oh, and they'd probably want to save Mewtwo info for when that movie comes out.
Pokemon Aime sounds like an awful feature because of it's hax involvement
The vast majority of people don't really care. GF doesn't think about competitive battling. And do we even know if this would carry over to a wireless battle anyway?

And do we even know if this would carry over to a wireless battle anyway?
this is my biggest question honestly
you can't use items in a battle, right?
so maybe this is gonna be the same way [hope so]
because at the very least you're not gonna piss off the computer with your evasion increasing and your crit ratio rising, unlike battling against a human.

The vast majority of people don't really care. GF doesn't think about competitive battling. And do we even know if this would carry over to a wireless battle anyway?
The main reason they added the Fairy-type was to balance the Dragon-type. They also want to make EVs and IVs more visible. They certainly think about competitive battling and your statement is disproved by this game and games in the past.

nonono, he meant that fairy is likely to be only neutral to dark types, we all know that fairy is SE against dragon. This is because Gardevoir uses Fairy wind on Hydreigon, but Hydreigon lives the attack; so it's pretty unlikely that dark is weak to fairy, because otherwise Hydreigon would somehow be living an x4 effective STAB attack coming off of Gardevoir's not-to-shabby 125 base Special Attack. I mean, it's always possible that Fairy wind is weak as crap/ Hydreigon had some weird bulk investment, but random stuff aside, it seems pretty likely that Hydreigon only took x2 effective damage. Ergo, Fairy attacks do neutral damage to Dark types (most likely...)

EDIT: Woooaaahh, I do not type fast enough to be a part of this thread O_o

They could not have us start a clean slate again. Too much has been done and collected plus it means they have to do remakes again. If they are not able to do it by the deadline then they better push it back because I have had these pokemon since Gen 3!

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
ah, gotcha gotcha

It could have been another typo I guess, but I think being weak is more likely (especially since it's probably one of those "Hit all opponents" moves)
Even then, anything below 60 Base Power sounds kinda useless. I was expecting this move to be a Ominous Wind clone, so this could really mean Dark is neutral to Fairy.

Unless, of course, the name's only a coincidence and Fairy Wind is a 30 BP, +1 SAtk/Speed move. Then I'm 101% okay with this. Absolutely.

EDIT-- Just checked, that Hydreigon didn't even have 31 HP IV lol. It's perfectly possible Fairy Wind has 60 BP, as long as either both pokémon had tweaked EVs or Gardevoir had shitty SAtk IV/EVs.

They could not have us start a clean slate again. Too much has been done and collected plus it means they have to do remakes again. If they are not able to do it by the deadline then they better push it back because I have had these pokemon since Gen 3!
If they didn't think they could get it working, they probably wouldn't have mentioned it at all

at worst they can just release it as an app after the game is released.

hopefully sans charge, though. then again, i don't see gamefreak charging for a peripheral that they should've included but didn't due to time constraints. compared to many developers *coughEAcough* they seem to be quite honourable people, and that's one of the things that draws me to pokemon personally. it's always great when the devs really seem to care about their art and make it a "labour of love" you know?

Even then, anything below 60 Base Power sounds kinda useless. I was expecting this move to be a Ominous Wind clone, so this could really mean Dark is neutral to Fairy.

Unless, of course, the name's only a coincidence and Fairy Wind is a 30 BP, +1 SAtk/Speed move. Then I'm 101% okay with this. Absolutely.
I want you to remember that last generation we got a 30 BP bug type special move that hits all opponents and lowers special attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)