Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So fishing is returning. Do you think something like Generation I's "The hooked [Pokemon] attacked!" will replace "A wild [Pokemon] appeared!" for fishing encounters? After all, for legendary battles, the line is replaced with "[Pokemon] appeared!", so it is entirely possible.

So fishing is returning. Do you think something like Generation I's "The hooked [Pokemon] attacked!" will replace "A wild [Pokemon] appeared!" for fishing encounters? After all, for legendary battles, the line is replaced with "[Pokemon] appeared!", so it is entirely possible.
They actually showed the entire sequence, so if someone translates it we can figure it out pretty quickly!

Poison Heal doesn't make you immune to Poison Type attacks
Let's try that again:

Fairy/Electric + Immunity = x2 Ground
I give up; seeing how I grew seeing Poison as a poor offensive type...

Moving on, I hope we'd get this nifty update:

Water: x1/2 Rock. Reason: when rocks are thrown on water, they bounce off. As a kid, I once threw some stones from the shore to the sea, and saw them bounce off until they sunk.

Immunity prevents the Poison status, not Poison attacks.

Also we could probably get some very rough calculations on Honedge's Attack, knowing the base power of the moves and the round-about Defense of the other Pokemon (although we would have to guess at the HP).

No Guard was confirmed a while ago in CoroCoro. The only things notably confirmed by Smash were:
1. Rod returns in the main portion of the game.
2. Honedge learns Shadow Sneak and Aerial Ace.
3. Rock Smash rocks return.
4. Existence of beach route with islands featuring arrows made of tall grass.
5. Remoraid/Octillery available in the main game.
6. Froakie learns Quick Attack.

Also, let's remember to stick to discussing confirmed game elements rather than throwing around new Pokémon ideas.
1. Are we gonna be able to fish Magikarp, Feebas, and Basculin in the same water body?
2. Yes! It's nice to know that Honedge has a STAB priority move.
3. I hope we'd get Rock Smash as the 1st HM, if that were to happen.
4. I look forward to that one.
5. As usual, I'll catch one for breeding purposes.

Also, I'll offer my advance condolence to Chespin's final evolved form. Cause(s) of death: Scizor (alongside Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Brave Bird, any other super effective attack).

I think the battle platforms & 3D models are beautiful, I can only wish they make more bulky/stallish 'mon so battles last longer on such pleasing graphics.

My only gripe with the battle animations is that 'gethit' type animations are quite weak and unsatisfying, and it seems like everything has less animations overall than they did in the stadium games (which is understandable since there are so many new 3D models). The actual effects of attacks look fantastic, but as it is now, pokemon don't really feel like they're getting hit hard by any of the attacks.

The text for fishing a wild Pokémon isn't different from meeting one in the tall grass...unless there's some way to step on them

honedge could still get levitate. Pokemans tend to have at least two abilities you know.
As much as I would like for this to happen, every Pokemon to date(sans Bronzong) that gets Levitate has never gotten another ability. Of course it could still happen, but if Honedge gets another ability, I figure it probably won't be Levitate.

Guys, I don't know if you saw the brief trailer for the Pokemon XY anime (because I was just as bored with it as you'd imagine), but I decided to make a little GIF of the final scene.

I'm feeling Froakie's final evolution might just be Water/Flying.

Guys, I don't know if you saw the brief trailer for the Pokemon XY anime (because I was just as bored with it as you'd imagine), but I decided to make a little GIF of the final scene.

I'm feeling Froakie's final evolution might just be Water/Flying.
oh my god so cute

He might be, although pure Water may be another option (maybe it's like beach foam?). I know bubbles are filled with air and all, but we've had Pokemon blow bubbles since the beginning. I guess it makes sense, though, if the bubbles become a cloud or something similar.

After viewing the new gameplay vieo, I calculated some of Honedge's stats (HP, physical attack and special defense), assuming 0 IV and 0 EV plus a neutral nature for both Honedge and Octillery, gen V formula for stats and damage calculation (the formula didn't changed since gen III iirc), and no power change for the moves used. Honedge has a base HP stat of 72 or 73 and other values need to know the random factor for damage calculation. Also, because we can't know how HP exactly loses Octillery, I'll assume 22, but it can be something like 25 actually.

Honedge's attack (assuming 22 HP lost of both Aerial Ace and Shadow Sneak, both having the same effective power due to the later's STAB) :
> assuming the random modifier being 100 %, Honedge has a base attack stat between 99 and 104 ;
> assuming the random modifier being 85 %, Honedge has a base attack stat between 121 and 128.

Honedge's special defense (I assume Octillery's first move being Signal Beam, the second being obviously Octazooka) :
> assuming the random modifier being 100 %, Honedge has a base special defense stat between 61 and 63 ;
> assuming the random modifier being 85 %, Honedge has a base special defense stat being 50 or 51.

Honedge showed as male is kind of weird. It is an inorganic steel sword, it should be genderless like Magnemite or Klink IMO. I hope it will get some good egg moves.

Also, am I the only one who doesn't expect a lot of Pokémon related to old ones ? I know Newtwo and Sylveon being ones and gen VI being an even generation, but they are the only ones revealed at this time and at this time some new Pokémon like Mime Jr. or Bonsly or Weavile where already revealed back to pre-Gen IV period iirc. While I don't expect other (pre)evos of older Pokémon, I don't dismiss the idea about some of them in the new gen. I just don't want to wonder for some new evolutions and being disappointed with a generation similar to gen III, with only Azurill and Wynaut being related to old Pokémon.

Has the dual type moves been confirmed/denied? If not I would like to know how attacks would be effected by type absorbtion abilities such as volt absorb and storm drain. For example, if Scald is Water/Fire how would that damage Gastrodon? Also, the prospect of Starmie using Scald under rain sounds too be good to be true, especially against pokemon like Ferrothorn..

Well, they have kinda been confirmed as everything else on pokebeach rumours have been true, but the way they work we dont have any idea.

It's possible that they work similar to Psyshock and Psystrike; dealing, say, Poison damage but given the user Water STAB.

Octillery evolution anyone? One would think that showing old pokemon in the trailers usually means something
Not really. It's just to show you that you can catch Pokemon and surf. If all of this have a connection with evolutions, then Weavile is confirmed to have an evolution which I'm pretty sure we all know isn't true.

Not really. It's just to show you that you can catch Pokemon and surf. If all of this have a connection with evolutions, then Weavile is confirmed to have an evolution which I'm pretty sure we all know isn't true.
Even aside from Weavile, they've shown tooonnns of old Pokemon. Off the top of my head: Audino, Weavile, Munchlax, Meinfoo, Hariyama, Dratini(&Dragonite), Litwick, Psyduck, Golurk, Kirlia(& Gardevoir), Sigilyph, Reuniclus, Salamence, Hydreigon, Axew (& Haxorus), Octillery, Ledian, Swellow, Staraptor, Haunter, Aerodactyl, Zubat, Pikachu and so on
A number of these likely won't even be in the main game proper, much less get evolutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)