Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm its seems that politoed has 31 IV in HP and 252 EVs in HP, giving 197 HP at level 50...seems like someone plays competitively
So I feel I missed something

Why do people think Boomburst is physical, again?
Its not impossible to be physical, but I guess after topsy turvy it makes sense to be special. I thought we wouldn't have a Hyper Voice clone, which is special, that's why I thought physical...but I guess gamefreak is really lazy.

Last edited:
Hmmm its seems that politoed has 31 IV in HP, 197 HP at level 50....

Its not impossible to be physical, but I guess after topsy turvy it makes sense to be special. I thought we wouldn't have a Hyper Voice clone, which is special, that's why I thought physical...but I guess gamefreak is really lazy.
Well it hits everyone, teammates included, so it's already not a clone of hyper voice

Hmmm its seems that politoed has 31 IV in HP, 197 HP at level 50....

I'm hoping the mere presence of Drizzle Politoed there is some indication that transferring is possible. MORIMOTO WOULDN'T HACK PERFECT, UNOBTAINABLE IN XY POKEMON JUST FOR THIS DEMO RIGHT? RIGHT???

I'm hoping the mere presence of Drizzle Politoed there is some indication that transferring is possible. MORIMOTO WOULDN'T HACK PERFECT, UNOBTAINABLE IN XY POKEMON JUST FOR THIS DEMO RIGHT? RIGHT???
My thoughts exactly....or (a dream come true) there is a way to change ivs in pokemon x and y and it's not permanent.

Just because it had the ability doesn't mean it's otherwise unobtainable without transferring

Gosh if only the games had introduced a way to get these abilities outside dream world
*cough*hiddenhollows*cough*weezing*

We don't even know if this will return or not though :/ and I'm still on the fence about items returning from previous generations via whatever transfer method they use.
Remember when B/W 1 came out and everyone was upset because Berries and Soul Dew were absent until DreamWorld and Black2/White2 in-game events happened.
They just might do the same treatment with X/Y and that means NO Eviolite mons fore example.

Cute Charm
Not that one. Its Dream World ability (If they're retaining that idea).

Froakie caught my attention the most. It can blow its foams like flotation devices and can also use them as shurikens. GameFreak's favorite Generation VI starter, I guess. And does the move that Chespin used look like Leech Seed?

Marowak has a 110 defense, and being TR I would assume it would have HP investment (although these guys probably aren't competitive). Maybe it's just me but I would think Boomburst would have to either A) have hit his SDef B) have a ridiculously high physical base power or C) Marowak had terrible IVs and EVs.
They seem to have perfect IVs. The four of them had perfect HP IVs. Gallade, Politoed and Ferrothorn all have their HP maxed out, Marowak was the only one who didn't, but still have 135 hp, which is the minimum with 31 IVs.

So I'm gonna be super ignorant and not read the last 267 pages to see if my question has been answer.

A while back, just around when Fairy-type was revealed, a friend mentioned someone (English beta testers I thought?) leaking out info like Fairy-type, the typing of the starter evos, etc.

Would anyone mind giving me a full list of theses rumors so I can be brought up to speed?

sorry to break it to you guys, but that's not hydro pump. even with a neutral nature and 0 evs, a rain boosted crit hydro pump with stab and life orb will almost ALWAYS KO a neutral nature 0 ev sylveon. If the HP and spec. defense is 110 and 130, it will do about 102-121% damage. If the stats were reversed it's even worse: 107-126% roughly. So yeah, I think it was likely water gun or scald

sorry to break it to you guys, but that's not hydro pump. even with a neutral nature and 0 evs, a rain boosted crit hydro pump with stab and life orb will almost ALWAYS KO a neutral nature 0 ev sylveon. If the HP and spec. defense is 110 and 130, it will do about 102-121% damage. If the stats were reversed it's even worse: 107-126% roughly. So yeah, I think it was likely water gun or scald
It's clearly Water Gun. The anime taught me that Water Gun is a powerful move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)