Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
These leaks are making my team choices super difficult. Originally, my plan was to use Blaziken as my starter in Y and the three Kalos starters in X, but now I'm thinking I should just use one starter in X and roll with it. Froakie / Pyroar / Orot seem like they'd make a good team together.

@Magnemite according to Serebii, the ability reduces physical damage, not just contact. So Earthquake would be halved as well.

The new Fur Coat ability which reduces damage by 50% from contact moves seems so good. It's essentially a resistance to most physical moves that aren't Earthquake.
Yeah, it pretty much removes the poodles fighting weakness aside from aura sphere/focus miss/ vaccum wave/ and any new special fighting moves since most physical moves make contact.

Last edited:
Yeah, it pretty much removes the poodles fighting weakness aside from aura sphere/focus miss/ vaccum wave/ and any new special fighting moves since most pysical moves make contact.
This would make a great ability for good ol' Bouffalant. His huge Afro qualifies him, I think.

Teeruna's arms...teehee...I don't think they'll ever grow back...
I'm a little bugged that we didn't get to learn about Orotto! All that official leaking still hasn't amounted to anything. If I wasn't such a sensible person, I'd be legitimately upset at this one little thing.
For Torimian, I have to wonder how useful having a defensive ability will be if the speculation proves true and the metagame becomes hyper offensive. It must be great in-game if it has viable stats.

So... what's the chance that GF will forget about dreamworld/hidden abilities and just start handing out 4 abilities? lol... one can only dream :(

Does anyone know if the fossils are version exclusives? I just pre-ordered Y a few hours ago. I'll wait for the final starter evolutions to be revealed before I decide which one to choose.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Or 火...
I think this is more likely.
Seeing that it's tilted upwards and separated by the head.
And it's a fire type.

Unless it's the master of Fire Blast, in which the shape of the fire is really really the character "大".

I remember when Ash battled Blaine, the missed Fire Blast actually changed from 大 to 中 to 小 as it flew across the sky.

I'm liking Pyroar... I'm REALLY liking Pyroar. Especially since I already planned on having Litleo on my team.

Now if it got Fur Coat...

Does anyone know if the fossils are version exclusives? I just pre-ordered Y a few hours ago. I'll wait for the final starter evolutions to be revealed before I decide which one to choose.
If they were they would have mentioned that. Once they start talking about version exclusivity, they always make a point to mention it later.

Don't think Ghost needed a buff. The smarter thing for Gamefreak to do would be to just take away Steel resistance to Dark to balance its extra weakness, and keep its resistance to Ghost.

I also dislike the idea of a Jigglypuff tanking an Outrage from a Rayquaza like a boss. I'm mixed about it for balance, but I hate it because of flavour.

And I'm really hoping for a Normal/Ghost type. Would make for a really interesting pokemon, designwise and playwise. Defensively, it would be immune to the current holy grail typing pair Ghost/Fighting, have one more immunity and two more resistances. Pretty decent neutral STAB coverage too, only resisted by itself, Bisharp and Tyranitar. No idea what it would look like though.

EDIT: Also, secondary normal type is going to be actually really good this generation, what with Fighting neutered and Ghost's buff. Litleo/Helioptile/Sawsbuck/Bibarel are in for a good time, methinks.

So I just had a thought.

IF mega-evolve has to apply to speed tiers on the turn you activate it, what's stopping most pokemon from covering their mega evolution with Protect or a priority move? Or even better, Fake-out?

So I just had a thought.

IF mega-evolve has to apply to speed tiers on the turn you activate it, what's stopping most pokemon from covering their mega evolution with Protect or a priority move? Or even better, Fake-out?
It would be very predictable, so free setup galore in the case of Protect. I don't think it has anything to do with speed, though. A ghost/normal type would balance out Ghosts, especially Gengar, but it would still be neutral to Hidden Power Fairy, which most Ghosts would have for coverage. Also, if Metagross somehow stays OU sixth gen that would be pathetic, considering how much it has been nerfed.

I'm talking about speed-baiting with mega transform. You start out with a pokemon like Mawile which is really slow. Your opponent can try to OKO mawile on the first turn. Mawile uses protect, M-evolves on the same turn and gains an additional speed bonus allowing it to outspeed and OKO the opponent on their next turn if they don't switch (or if they didn't speed boost themselves)

Likewise Mega Charizard using potect to m.evolve and trigger Drought safely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)