Pokemon BDSP Playthrough Discussion

In all my time trying for this thing, I never found a way to interact with other players in the Underground, with friends or otherwise. Mining with other players doesn't count for Spiritomb, simply passing by them doesn't count, even using the "Call" function while near another player yielded no results. My guess is it's something that was planned to be in the game, but didn't make the cut for some reason; I mean, this game's online is pretty barebones as-is, with link codes being barely functional and various online modes not even being done by release, so I wouldn't be surprised if the ability to interact with other players in the Underground was something that was planned at some point, but they just didn't have time for. Curiously, the website does specifically word the requirement for catching this thing as "Once you’ve finally spoken to 32 unique players or NPCs," so maybe it's a local-only feature currently? Because you definitely can't "speak" to other players in the Underground online as it stands.
That said, if there IS an easier way to get this thing at a reasonable point in the story, I will gladly take it on a future playthrough.
How strange. We're either missing something obvious or it's just not in yet and hte site's mistaken. Or maybe it'll be in the next update? That one's theme seems to be "finishing the connection features"

Aww, if you turn on DS Sounds and fight a Ramanas pokemon it doesn't play a midi version of the song.
It plays the general legendary battle theme (heatran, cresselia, regigigas, etc) instead.

Also running around with it on, I realize that the 1.0 songs weren't just the DP rips? Or my hearing is way out of whack, but I think the 1.0 songs were just placeholder instant ports, and not like optimized or whatever.

Man the diglett supermode in the underground kind of sucks. Gives NO timer or indication of how long you have left and you just do not have time to really do anything with it beyond get maybe 4 colored statues.

And god it takes so long to build up too. Just really a feature that may as well not exist outside of multiplayer.

I beat Cynthia today, and my team was Torterra, Magnezone, Togekiss, Blissey, Rampardos, and Gyarados. I used random.org to choose my starter because I really had no idea what to choose and I really liked the Turtwig line. My other favorites of my team were Blissey and Togekiss.

Ho-Oh/Lugia having Recover and the weather trio having Rest is so stupid i hate it.

Side note, but I am surprised that Kyogre & Groudon are available in the same game. I honestly figured it'd be one or the other and you'd have to like, trade for the other in order to get Rayquaza to show up or something. Since that's usually how this goes.
Pleasantly surprised, I should say. Likewise with Latios & Latias being in the same game.

Ho-Oh/Lugia having Recover and the weather trio having Rest is so stupid i hate it.

Side note, but I am surprised that Kyogre & Groudon are available in the same game. I honestly figured it'd be one or the other and you'd have to like, trade for the other in order to get Rayquaza to show up or something. Since that's usually how this goes.
Pleasantly surprised, I should say. Likewise with Latios & Latias being in the same game.
Version exclusive legendaries are silly so I'm fine with them being as reduced as possible.

Luckily for me the ones they made exclusive (Ho-oh/Lugia and the Legendary Beasts/Birds) aren't ones I particularly care about, but still

1638084688828.png

Beat the Elite 4 with this team and might i say JEEEZ Cynthia definitely packs a punch. was thinking about switching to Infernape for the post game but idk who i would switch out to make the team work. I was thinking probably switching out Houndoom and Gallade but not sure who to replace with

Some weird stuff going on in this game.

IDK how this happened. I did check on Saturday what the Pokémon was but never went into the garden. Went out, did other daily tasks, came back Sunday morning, talked to backlot who said a porygon kissed him, then found two eevees in the garden before a porygon showed up.
According to Serebii you can find both the current day's Pokémon and the previous day's Pokémon at the same time.

Some weird stuff going on in this game.

IDK how this happened. I did check on Saturday what the Pokémon was but never went into the garden. Went out, did other daily tasks, came back Sunday morning, talked to backlot who said a porygon kissed him, then found two eevees in the garden before a porygon showed up.
If it's anything like the Trophy garden from Gen IV, both that day's Pokemon AND yesterday's Pokemon both appear\

EDIT: beaten by a split second, so I will also point out that, since the rotation goes in National Dex order instead of being random like Gen IV, Eevee and Porygon being together at the same time in an inevitability, rather than luck.

The Breeding Industrial Complex

God gives us
[Pokémon] to love and things to use, not things to love and [Pokémon] to use.

- Author: Max Lucado

Cynthia’s Garchomp screams out, slamming its foot on the ground. The floor under it crumbles, shockwaves spread out from the epicenter and barrel into my Snorlax. She tanks the hit but is visibly damaged and will not be able to take another earthquake. The text Snorlax had its HP restored. appears after I use a full restore. Garchomp uses earthquake a second time and then a third. The process of using full restores on Snorlax to tank the earthquakes from the fully sword danced Garchomp continues, until it finally runs out of power points. I send out Empoleon after Snorlax faints to a dragon claw. Good job, I think to myself while I pray my steel, water type penguin can finish the job. Empoleon nearly faints to dragon’s talons clawing into it but hangs on due to the bond we have. Pushing itself up from the ground by its flippers, my final Pokémon musters up the strength to use waterfall, knocking out the former champion’s demon sweeper. But this is not a victory, for my team did not deserve to be mercilessly pummeled. I make an oath at that moment; in our rematch, when Cynthia attempts to take back her title, my Pokémon and I will clean house.

I ride my bike up north on route 209 through Solaceon Town, passing by a father and daughter enjoying the tall grass and rolling hills on route 210 and stop in front a tree which provides shade to most, but only serves me as a marker to return down the path. Speeding south towards the small town, an egg I carry hatches. While most humans do not know where the pocket monsters come from, the newly hatched Marill only acts as a reminder that I alone bear the curse of knowledge. The sequence of buttons X, R, and then +, allow me to check the baby’s inherent values. Only three out of its six IVs are perfect, making it worthless trash. The blue mouse stares at me, wondering where his parents are, who I am, and if I will love him unconditionally. It then only feels fear as it flies towards a patch of grass after I chuck it near a territorial Geodude. The party space only allows for six Pokémon, one of which is reserved for my Magma Armor Macargo, who allows eggs to hatch faster than they should, and the rest for new eggs to be hatched. The Geodude uses explosion; I do not know what happens to the level one Marill.

The process of going up and down the route continues. New Marills hatch, are evaluated, and then released into the wild. Racing through Solaceon, the daycare owner will sometimes stop me to hand me a new egg, stating that he “doesn’t know it got there…” Idiot, I nearly blurt out but manage to keep to myself. The female and male Marills stored there are non-stop breeding. Every 250 or so steps, a new egg will appear, and a new opportunity for the offspring to have better inherent values than its parents. The old man and his wife, while well intentioned, have accidentally set up a breeding mill for only the most determined to abuse. Like Prometheus, do I share my knowledge? No, I decide; it is only Pandora's Box. I snag the egg and proceed on track.

30, 50, 100 eggs later and I still have not obtained a perfect Marill. Doubts overcome hope, apathy proceeds guilt. As eggs hatch, each monster is examined then tossed away. Some cry out as they look for someone to love them, onlookers along the path look in disgust as the babies are left to die in the wilderness. But they do not understand, they have not seen the horrors of real battle. Attempting to breed the perfect team is a necessary evil to stop a tyrant from becoming Champion. This is my Vietnam. A Marill cries out at its body thuds against a pile of rocks by the east river on route 209. It falls into the well and an awful, ghostly wail comes out. I only hear it faintly, I’m too far up my path.

This is only the beginning; I am doomed to breed. Ad Nauseum.

I don't know if this has been answered, but I haven't found a definitive response wherever I've looked, so here goes:

Can the Pokemon found in the hideaways from the Grand Underground have their hidden abilities? Serebii lists them as available, but I'm not sure whether that has to do with the fact that the BDSP dex shares its data with the SwSh dex. And it would be quite the leap to assume that they will allow two-way transfers as of right now imo

I don't know if this has been answered, but I haven't found a definitive response wherever I've looked, so here goes:

Can the Pokemon found in the hideaways from the Grand Underground have their hidden abilities? Serebii lists them as available, but I'm not sure whether that has to do with the fact that the BDSP dex shares its data with the SwSh dex. And it would be quite the leap to assume that they will allow two-way transfers as of right now imo
No. Only Pokemon found with the Poke Radar have a chance of having their Hidden Ability and the Legends in Ramanas Park. You need to get the Ability Patch to get HAs of Pokemon that aren't found with the Radar.

No. Only Pokemon found with the Poke Radar have a chance of having their Hidden Ability and the Legends in Ramanas Park. You need to get the Ability Patch to get HAs of Pokemon that aren't found with the Radar.
Oh, right! Forgot that the Ability Patch exists in this game lol. Thanks for the heads-up! I guess I'm gonna be visiting the Battle Tower a lot.

I have honeyed every tree in the game so hopefully this evening i will finally find one (1) burmy

E from hours in the future: I did indeed find one (1) burmy
Combee
Wurmple
Wurmple
Cherubi
Heracross
Wurmple
Combee
Wurmple
Combee
Wurmple
Wurmple
Burmy
Silcoon
Silcoon
Combee
Wurmple
Combee
Aipom
Wurmple
Silcoon

Also one Heracross & one Aipom (& one Cherubi but I found like 5 of those before this). Pretty good haul all things considered, the rates are terrible and platinum should have been used as the base.
There's actually one tree that didn't pop yet but whatever I'm now done with honey trees thanks to munchlax in the underground.

Last edited:
Does Murkrow have a particularly shitty catch rate or something? I'm above their level and yet they continue to shake out of those balls real quick. Jerks.

Ugh, I thought I'd be able to get Shaymin as soon as I got Surf, instead it's Sunnyshore City at the earliest without even more glitching IDK how to do. All I want is a full in-game team of unique mons I can't get in normal playthroughs, why is that so hard?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)