Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is slightly unrealistic and because I'm bored I would to say that if GF were to boost all of Luvdisc's stat except speed by 40 point, it evolution's stats would look like this: 83/70/95/80/105/97. Now if they subtract 15 points from Atk, place them onto SpA and subtract 17 points from Spd to place into HP the end result would be this: 100/65/95/95/105/80. It wouldn't be too bad of a boost.
that would make it's BST 540. that seems a bit high. however, concidereing that Hippoptas has 330 BST (like Luvdisc) and Hippowdon has 525 BST (which is the highest for a final evo of a 2 stage 330 bst Pokemon), it's not out of the question; the BST's of evos are not decided by the BST of their past stages.

regardless, I would love a stat spread like that.

also, anyone have anything on the 2ch rumour's authenticity? I asked in the /vp/ thread, and it seems that the original thread on 2ch was disregarded and no one really gave it much though (viewed it as minor rumours, probably though it was false due to lolluvdiscevo). there seem to be a few eye witnesses in the thread, but no actual proof. they don't seem to be trolling, either. if they are, they are hiding it very well.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
Eh, well now that I've had my laughs about Luvdisk evolving, I gotta say... that evo looks incredibly good, considering what they had to work with. I mean honestly... it looks strong, fearsome even! (Did I just say that?) And the wings attached to it seem to suggest Water/Flying as it's typing. An excellent typing - this Poke has potential!

I have NO idea why a suggested stat distribution would show Luvdisk's Speed lowering, have you looked at Mamanbo? It looks very fast to me, especially with it's wings. I agree that it also seems moderately heavy and somewhat bulky, but nowhere near 100 base HP. Considering Luvdisk's current stat spread, which is already very quick, I think Mamanbo will look something like this:

Luvdisk: 43/30/55/40/65/97... 330 BST
Mamanbo: 73/40/85/90/95/107... 490 BST

Also, a lot of those other 2ch rumors T-Major posted seem very plausible, especially the "themed" gyms (didn't anyone notice that in HGSS, Viridian Gym has a Trick Room theme to it?) and N being related to Plasma. I still want the official word, though!

Also, a lot of those other 2ch rumors T-Major posted seem very plausible, especially the "themed" gyms (didn't anyone notice that in HGSS, Viridian Gym has a Trick Room theme to it?) and N being related to Plasma. I still want the official word, though!
I mentioned it, but still consider the Viridian City Gym to be primarily the Ground-type Gym. The only reason why they gave Blue a well-rounded team was because he had one in FireRed. Also, his team is identical to the GSC team, except he traded his Alakazam for a Machamp, helping to round out his type coverage by eliminating the two Psychic types. Since his team in GSC wasn't a Trick Room team, and was designed to be similar to his team as Champion in RBY, I think its safe to say its not meant to be a Trick Room gym per se.

I believe that themed gyms/e4 would be an interesting, and imo, and a better style to the gym leaders/elite 4.

just wanted to point out that the "wings" everyone is referring to on Mamanbo, are in fact fins. fish have them. fish are generally Pure water types.

also, it's name means "Mama Ocean Sunfish". the Mama part makes me think it's a Female only evo.

BY THE WAY

the OP of that rumour on /vp/ added in a part that he forgot.

But if true that means no Dark type gym >:|
the rumour also says there is a Bug type gym, so we still have hope for a Dark gym, if these rumours are true. the rumour probably means that in general gyms will have different focuses outside of type. they might still have a type preferences, but use a strategy like Trick room as a main point of the gym. I assume a Sunny day gym will consist of mostly grass types, for example.

Shroomisaur

But if true that means no Dark type gym >:|
Didn't you read the rumor? It says type-themed gyms will still exist, but not ALL of them will be type-themed. Some will now be tactic-themed.

I really like the idea of having a mix of the two. Because what is a type-themed gym really? It's just a certain strategy: specialize in one type! New strategies that add some variety to the gym challenge will be a big improvement.

Uhm.. I don't know where any of you guys are getting this information from. I've been on 2ch for a while and haven't seen that anywhere. What I have seen though is some possible base stats, names and types for the starters (and zekrom/reshiram). Which can be found here: http://jfk.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/gsaloon/1279547193/

494ツタージャ 45 40 65 55 35 70 くさ
495ノウカズラ 60 60 80 60 80 80 くさ/じめん
496カズラトリ 90 89 105 75 90 90 くさ/じめん
497ポカブ 65 60 65 50 60 25 ほのお
498タテイシシ 95 70 70 60 90 35 ほのお/あく
499ミモノシシ 120 110 80 80 100 40 ほのお/あく
500ミジュマル 55 60 65 45 45 40 みず
501ミジュット 60 80 65 60 110 50 みず
502カワミズン 85 100 70 90 130 55 みず/かくとう
647レシラム 140 110 100 160 110 140 ドラゴン/ほのお
658ゼクロム 140 110 160 90 150 110 ドラゴン/でんき
translation:
tsutarja - grass
noukazura - grass/ground
kazuratori - grass/ground
pokabu - fire
tateishishi - fire/dark
mimonoshishi - fire/dark
mijumaru - water
mijutto - water
kawamizun - water/fight
reshiram - dragon/fire
zekrom - dragon/electric

e: Sounded believable to me untill I saw zekrom/reshiram. The two not being right next to eachother in the dex is weird but I have seen similar base stat spreads else where.

Anyone heard anything about a possible Absol Evo? Maybe I"m just grasping at straws here, but an Absol evo would be very cool and be able to compete with the likes of Lucario and other extremely powerful attackers. Granted that Gen 5 gave him a few more toys to supplement his current movepool.
As for stats, maybe bulk him up a bit say 80/100/70 defenses would make him durable enough to be a solid OU pokemon. Maybe the addition of secondary typing, say fighting, could further increase his value.

*sigh* However I'm not retarded and i know the likelihood of an Absol evo is slim at best. Just wishful thinking on my part.

P.S. -When will the admins set up a board for B/W? Unknown territory or something?

@Ninja1357: I hadn't seen the stats and secondary typing for the starters yet. Thats interesting that they decided to run another grass/ground starter. Was hoping for Grass/Rock instead. Oh well.
I like that they've finally given Fire/Dark another shot, those bases look like a more powerful, slower Ape. As for the Water/fight starter, that thing is gonna get raped with so many weaknesses and low defense stats.

Shroomisaur

Uhm.. I don't know where any of you guys are getting this information from. I've been on 2ch for a while and haven't seen that anywhere. What I have seen though is some possible base stats, names and types for the starters (and zekrom/reshiram). Which can be found here: http://jfk.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/gsaloon/1279547193/

494ツタージャ 45 40 65 55 35 70 くさ
495ノウカズラ 60 60 80 60 80 80 くさ/じめん
496カズラトリ 90 89 105 75 90 90 くさ/じめん
497ポカブ 65 60 65 50 60 25 ほのお
498タテイシシ 95 70 70 60 90 35 ほのお/あく
499ミモノシシ 120 110 80 80 100 40 ほのお/あく
500ミジュマル 55 60 65 45 45 40 みず
501ミジュット 60 80 65 60 110 50 みず
502カワミズン 85 100 70 90 130 55 みず/かくとう
647レシラム 140 110 100 160 110 140 ドラゴン/ほのお
658ゼクロム 140 110 160 90 150 110 ドラゴン/でんき

translation:
tsutarja - grass
noukazura - grass/ground
kazuratori - grass/ground
pokabu - fire
tateishishi - fire/dark
mimonoshishi - fire/dark
mijumaru - water
mijutto - water
kawamizun - water/fight
reshiram - dragon/fire
zekrom - dragon/electric
760 BST LEGENDS!? You've got to be kidding me if you think I'm believing that. Grass/Ground I can't see for Tsutaja either.

EDIT: I remember in the last thread when I suggested Zekrom might have 140/90/100 Defenses, and it was criticized as "too bulky". Well how's 140/160/150 sound! And lol @ Reshiram's 160SpA/140Spd? Step aside, Arceus!!! You're not god anymore....

Not to mention some names are off, and the final starter evo's stat distributions seem odd too...

Absol getting a Dark/Psychic evolution would be pretty neat.
It'd make sense, too, with his forewarning abilities leading to Psychic.

Sadly I think this would make him a bit frail.

I doubt that rumor is true, if only because the names don't match the ones on the anime sketches, and really?
Base stat leakage?

Yeah if he were Dark/Psychic, he'd get destroyed by anything with a bug move, besides that it'd be no weaknesses though.

I'd still like to see some sort of Dark/Fight combo. Some handy resistance to Dark, Rock and Ghost as well as an immunity to Psychic attacks on a fight type would very intersting.

You should know that 2ch has leaked BSTs before in gen 4, and possibly gen 3. I'm not too sure about gen 3 since I wasn't there. Also, I didn't know the anime sketches had been named. Could you link me to that please?

So looks like luvdisc got an evo. looks lame.. and i bet it'll be just as threatening as gorebyss

gorebyss is pretty dangerous you know? most of the time i play cautious when facing one, though i never got swept by a rain dance team.

those BSTs and typings look completely fake to me but i will repeat what i said over 9000 times already: i will not believe anything until the main game is out.

You should know that 2ch has leaked BSTs before in gen 4, and possibly gen 3. I'm not too sure about gen 3 since I wasn't there. Also, I didn't know the anime sketches had been named. Could you link me to that please?
How accurate were the BSTs?

Serebii's forums are being dumb right now, so I'll get back to you on the post.
I think Mijumaru's evo was something like Ri<something>suke and Tsutaraja's still began with T

Uhm.. I don't know where any of you guys are getting this information from. I've been on 2ch for a while and haven't seen that anywhere.
they showed up on /vp/ (the Pokemon section of 4chan) saying it was posted last night. it seemed to have several eye witnesses, whihc is why I asked for any confirmation of it actually being posted on 2ch. at this point I don't believe them, do to lack of evidence that it was posted at all.

so yeah. sorry to get everyones hopes up with that. :/

mimonoshishi - fire/dark
I knew that swine would be dark...Houdoom physical attacker version! MEH!
Water/Fighting? Another one?

What I had in mind was a 210 (430 to 540) BST boost: 103/60/95/80/105/97. Exaggerated? Maybe. But we had Sunkern -> Sunflora (+245), Kirlia -> Gardevoir (240), and some other random sucky pokémon I won't bother to check now. It's not *impossible*, neither "highly improbable", just... "kinda unlikely". But who expected a Luvdisc evo to begin with? Heh.

And I'd like to point out even Luvdisc officially had an evolution before Farfetch'd.

Jesus fucking Christ.
Farfetch'd is the NEW BLUE, RED and WHITE eagle...when Farfetch'd goes to war with his stick he evolves into the WAR BIRD. YOU saw it here first folks. Farfetch'd is a fucking patriot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)