Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
*sigh*
Ditto won't get an evo because it's a horrible discarded mew mutant.
Farfetch'd won't due to that negating it's origins.
Pisnsir/ Heracross won't as they'd be too powerful.
Dunsaprce won't (no matter how much i want it to) because then we'd all start compalining how they've broken everyting with this serene gracer.

Can we please stop talking about it now please?

I doubt they'll include the Pal Park. Their features are more geared towards the DSi and (if my theory about the IR is correct) the 3DS, neither of which has the extra slot for GBA games. Come to think of it, I expect BW to be for 3DS in the same way the GS was for GBC, with some features not working on the original gameboy but still backwards compatible (or would that be forwards?)
It's still playable on the DS, however, so they can probably still put it in.

But, these will probably be the last games to have it.

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
Well, as long as it's not called Wuvdisc or something like that… not that I'd use it to begin with.

Also… wasn't Blue's team SUPPOSED to be based around Trick Room in the Viridian Gym? Granted, only Exeggutor knew the move…

Well, as long as it's not called Wuvdisc or something like that… not that I'd use it to begin with.

Also… wasn't Blue's team SUPPOSED to be based around Trick Room in the Viridian Gym? Granted, only Exeggutor knew the move…
His team is almost identical to his team in GSC, swapping out Alakazam for Machamp for better type coverage. So its less of a "Trick Room Team" as a "Team Which Happens to Have Trick Room On It, But Is Viable For A Gym Team Without It."

*sigh*
Ditto won't get an evo because it's a horrible discarded mew mutant.
Dunsaprce won't (no matter how much i want it to) because then we'd all start compalining how they've broken everyting with this serene gracer.

Just because Farfetch'd origins are useless, doesn't mean it can't become something useful.
It'd be no different then a ghost becoming a witch, or a reaper becoming a mummy cyclops becoming a radio...eater...thing, a salamander becoming a dragon, a crow based on getting people lost becoming a boss of itself

And sure they could evolve Pinsir &/or Heracross.
They could get evolutions that make them faster, bulkier, or take them in some other direction. Or even go the Scizor route, just rearranging stats.
Or even just give a small boost to all stats (like 5 or ten points) like Dusknoir.

Meanwhile there's Togekiss & Jirachi on the Serene Gracer front so I doubt they'd care about evolving another one.

Just because Farfetch'd origins are useless, doesn't mean it can't become something useful.
It'd be no different then a ghost becoming a witch, or a reaper becoming a mummy cyclops becoming a radio...eater...thing, a salamander becoming a dragon, a crow based on getting people lost becoming a boss of itself

And sure they could evolve Pinsir &/or Heracross.
They could get evolutions that make them faster, bulkier, or take them in some other direction. Or even go the Scizor route, just rearranging stats.
Or even just give a small boost to all stats (like 5 or ten points) like Dusknoir.

Meanwhile there's Togekiss & Jirachi on the Serene Gracer front so I doubt they'd care about evolving another one.
I'm agreeing with what you're saying, GF ould just evolve them and give them better stats. And I think there will be a Dunsparce evo, I'm really hoping for one.

farfetch'd wont suddenly have a different origin if it gets an evo.
it's evo will have different origins, sure, but farfetch'd will remain the same.

agreed. I mean, imagine if Scyther got an evo? that would just be... ridicu...lous...

oh wait.

Because Game Freak cares if we complain about an ability.

nope

"Cheren, and Belle opening the present from Professor Araragi and picking your starter Pokemon. You then battle them, destroying your room in the process. The second video shows several battle scenes between most of the recently revealed Pokemon. Enjoy!"

You destroy your room in a battle against your buds? EPIC.

I doubt the Luvdisc evo would make it to OU, there are too many other bulky waters as competition. What would it have over something like Suicune? It could be more offensively based like Gyarados, I guess, but it'd have to be pretty good.

I think the Luvdisc evo is a special sweeper (in rain with swift swim), I don't see it having too many good physical moves. Waterfall, return, anything else?

"Cheren, and Belle opening the present from Professor Araragi and picking your starter Pokemon. You then battle them, destroying your room in the process. The second video shows several battle scenes between most of the recently revealed Pokemon. Enjoy!"

You destroy your room in a battle against your buds? EPIC.
Awesome. I'm pretty stoked about two rivals again, but then also like RSE, they both have default names that can't be changed... but I guess that's two less names you have to think up, and now they actually both have starter Pokemon, and hopefully one isn't totally useless like your opposite player character rival in RSE, who didn't even fully evolve their starter...

While I expect Mamambou to be useful, I don't expect it to make it OU, for the same reason EeveSkitty says-- having competition like Suicune and Gyarados and Swampert and Starmie and all the others isn't helping its chances to shine. But outside of OU it'll probably be at least decent, far better than Luvdisc was.

Hm.....Cheren gets the Starter that has the type advantage over yours and Belle gets the remaining starter, it seems.

Awesome. I'm pretty stoked about two rivals again, but then also like RSE, they both have default names that can't be changed... but I guess that's two less names you have to think up, and now they actually both have starter Pokemon, and hopefully one isn't totally useless like your opposite player character rival in RSE, who didn't even fully evolve their starter...

While I expect Mamambou to be useful, I don't expect it to make it OU, for the same reason EeveSkitty says-- having competition like Suicune and Gyarados and Swampert and Starmie and all the others isn't helping its chances to shine. But outside of OU it'll probably be at least decent, far better than Luvdisc was.
I remember that in RSE, that was a total fail xD
I think it will be pretty decent in any rain team with swift swim, as long as it gets a good movepool.

I'm pretty sure Mr Mime got a pre evo xD

Wargle is gonna be pure awesomeness: It has the ability that stops secondary effects. If it gets Close Combat and Brave Bird, we'll have the replacement for staraptor xD
i Ment evolution for Jynx&mr.mime. and a pre evo for just lapras -__-

Hmmm... notice when the Pokemon you release drops to the ground and the camera shakes? I wonder if it shakes more if the Pokemon you send out is larger. Like, if you sent out, say, Snorlax or something, would it make it shake a lot more than the starters? That'd be interesting.

But if they didn't bother making seperate animations for when Pokemon are attacking at least, then they probably wouldn't go that deep into such a small touch.

I really liked RSE for having 2 rivals, but it bothered me one was some random person and the other was the opposite player character. That was strange to me. At least this time its two random people. Instead of half and half. Consistency, man.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Okay, I just watched Pokebeach's video, and there are a few things that's confirmed.

Nitro Charge is a Fire type Attack that can boost Speed
Rankurusu learns Reflect (well...every Psychic type does...bar Beldum)

Okay, I just watched Pokebeach's video, and there are a few things that's confirmed.

Nitro Charge is a Fire type Attack that can boost Speed
Rankurusu learns Reflect (well...every Psychic type does...bar Beldum)
Well that'll be interesting. Hopefully it will either be like a Fire Charge Beam (reletively low Base Power but high chance of effect) or a Meteor Mash variant with better accuracy.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Grass Mixer is confirmed to lower the opponent's accuracy. Based on another Oha Suta video, it seems pretty weak, doing less than half to Zorua iirc.

I think it's a Grass type Mud Bomb

Nitro charge sounds interesting. I think grass mixer will have something to do with maybe mixing the opponent's stats?
Grass Mixer is confirmed to lower accuracy. I'm thinking something like Mud Bomb. Unfortunately, this is way less interesting than Pokabu's Nitro Charge, which, as has been said, will hopefully be like Charge Beam but with the Speed stat instead of Special Attack.

Do we know what Shell Blade does yet?

EDIT: ninja'd

I hope Nitro Charge has a decent base power (80, at least), is physical, and that Flareon can learn it. Just think about it - Flareon! Finally with a good Fire attack! That can boost its Speed! It's everything the little fluffy and useless dog-like thing has ever wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)