Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in britain and I was getting american events on my platinum game when the english game wasn't out, so I'd assume it's the same situation here.

I dunno, aren't us English speakers still missing several Wi-Fi events that occured in Japan?
Only 10th Anniversary Mew, Goon's Scizor & Ash's Pikachu, iirc.

They might be waiting for a more timely......time, to release the Mew.
Goon's Scizor was just released in Japan, and his movie hasn't even been announced yet.
Ash's Pikachu hasn't even been released in Japan yet.

Membership Card, Oak's Letter, rotom Key, Yellow Forest, PCPichu (Which I don't think was given out over Wi-fi in Japan?), Draco Meteor Jirachi, and Winner's Path have all been released over wi-fi here. Enigma stone will, too, near the end of the month.

I dunno, aren't us English speakers still missing several Wi-Fi events that occured in Japan?
We only get the important events, like the Enigma Stone, 10 Anniv Mew. We don't get the useless stuff like the Birthday Charmander. We'll get the rest of the veents for HGSS, but it'll take some time. Also, Victini looks pretty cool.

EDIT: We're also missing the Celebi event that reveals some backstory on Silver and Giovanni and the Shiny Beast event that allows you to battle Zoroark in BW.

*cough* Celebi *cough* Edit: Did we actually get it yet?

@ Personalities: In Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, you get to choose what you say from 2-5 pre-programmed answers. Most of the time, only one answer would get you the information you needed and it was fairly obvious which one it was. (For example, the things you could say would be: What's your name?, Where am I?, and How do I get the pass key to let me into the secret base?) In Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Darkness, you wouldn't actually say things but you would have certain thoughts. At one point I would have wanted to say something to my partner to get him to shut up about Grovyle being evil, but aside from that, it was fine without personalities.

I'd rather not see personalities in Pokemon because your personality would be too far from an average person that no one could actually relate to them. You can add in your own personalities, anyway, as long as you have some imagination, which all kids have and the target audience is kids.

We only get the important events, like the Enigma Stone, 10 Anniv Mew. We don't get the useless stuff like the Birthday Charmander. We'll get the rest of the veents for HGSS, but it'll take some time. Also, Victini looks pretty cool.
Yeah, there were also a few normal event Pokemon that were given away to advertise Pokemon Sunday/the Daisuke club.

Which we don't have here, and they had nothing special about them beyond cherish ball.

*cough* Celebi *cough* Edit: Did we actually get it yet?
Celebi isn't a wi-fi event, it was given away in theaters. Same for the three shiny dogs.
So those will most likely be released here as the Zoroark movie nears release.

Which would have to have the Zoroark movie be announced in the first place.

All I know is that if America doesn't get the Liberty Ticket, Zoroark event, and other cool events, I will kill GF
XD

We'll get them, sooner or later, but we most likely will. We've gotten events like those before, so I don't see why we wouldn't get them. We'll probably get most of them via Gamestop/ Toy's R Us since the US doesn't show Pokemon movies in theaters. But eh, who knows when we'll get them? Late 2010-early 2011?

I want the event pokemon, but no way do i wanna see the movie. The anime is crap now and before it was rubbish and before that it was junk and before that it was okay.

XD

We'll get them, sooner or later, but we most likely will. We've gotten events like those before, so I don't see why we wouldn't get them. We'll probably get most of them via Gamestop/ Toy's R Us since the US doesn't show Pokemon movies in theaters. But eh, who knows when we'll get them? Late 2010-early 2011?
I think sometime early 2011, that is if GF doesn't wanna troll us and send us a Caterpie that knows tackle in an event

I think sometime early 2011, that is if GF doesn't wanna troll us and send us a Caterpie that knows tackle in an event
No, they'd give us a Caterpie with Splash.

I expect the movie will play on Cartoon Network at the end of this year and the Celebi and legendary beasts will be given over Wi-Fi/Toys R Us/Gamestop around that time. The Libirty Ticket won't be given out until the games come out in spring.

No, they'd give us a Caterpie with Splash.

I expect the movie will play on Cartoon Network at the end of this year and the Celebi and legendary beasts will be given over Wi-Fi/Toys R Us/Gamestop around that time. The Libirty Ticket won't be given out until the games come out in spring.
LOL! I hope the legendary beasts are given over wifi sometime here, I want one of thos Entei´s so bad x3

Ash's Pikachu hasn't even been released in Japan yet.
It has, actually. I have it on my japanese copy of Heart Gold. And to answer some previous questions in this thread, to get japanese wifi events you need a japanese copy of the game. I can get all the japanese wifi events at the same time everyone in japan can.

I just hope that GF doesn't troll us this time by giving us event pokes w/ neutral or bad natures (Adamant Suicune, anyone? It'll make a great partner with your Hardy Jirachi :P). But that's just me being way too optimistic...
As for the Celebi event, I still have the level 70 Celebi from the 2006 VGC. I haven't bothered to trade it to HG yet, but would it activate the Giovanni event? Or do you need the movie Celebi?

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I don't know if this should go here, but how do you guys feel about importing the game. Are you going to, does it spoil the game for you?

I don't think I can wait for the game to come out all the way in 2011, I might get the Japanese version for the lolz of seeing the starters and more pokemon xD

After a million views, finally a new thread. Try to limit your posts to what's been actually revealed instead of speculating on what might be. I know that's hard. Just try.
Awww ;( I loved speculating and discussing potential BW material here... like that defensive Dragonair evo. Eh, I'll manage.

Anyone going to try and stay spoiler-free once the games are out?

I really want to try and recapture that feeling of "Oh wow! Look at that! Never seen that one before!", but six months is a long time to try and dodge new Pokemon.

Thankfully no one really talks about the story or towns or stuff like that, but generally those aren't the ones I care about.

I really want to try and recapture that feeling of "Oh wow! Look at that! Never seen that one before!", but six months is a long time to try and dodge new Pokemon.

Thankfully no one really talks about the story or towns or stuff like that, but generally those aren't the ones I care about.
I would like people to keep things spoiler-free, but it´s not the easiest thing for me.. that is if I get the game.. lol, I´m kidding, I´m not saying anything xD

Not for me. I think knowing some aspects keep me interested. Competitive potential, as well as motivations behind ingame storylines always keep me interested.

Personally, I'm very Paul-like in how I approach the games. First I pick my starter based on who has the coolest final evo, then I try to grab the coolest looking pokes (like Meguroko), see where they're located along the route, how common they are to see if they're worth the extra time (I typically try to beat the game in 48 hours), and then I examine the gyms and E4 to see if I there's a specific need that's not fulfilled by the cool ones I picked out first (grabbing a Spheal to deal with Drake in Gen 3).

After that, I go TM hunting and do any other side missions I skipped during gameplay because they seemed menial. I then go after legends and rare pokes for the hell of it. Finally, once I feel fulfilled, I start building a team for the inevitable VGC; I don't do much IV breeding, though, since that gets really annoying really fast. Now that I do Shoddy, though, I'll probably spend less time building a team for wifi/VGC.

I've had that every time I've played a game for the first time. Well, actually, only in ruby and diamond. That feeling died forever when I got into competitive battling. Now, I check serebii every once in a while to see all of them....

im gonna try my best. considering ill be starting my first year of uni this fall, i think ill be preoccupied enough to stay spoiler-free lol

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

I'm going to play it in Japanese, so I'll be full-time on the internet once the games come out ~__~

But yeah, just avoid this thread starting on September 11th and you won't have the story spoilered to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)