Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
you cant have both clorophyll and solar power, but he definatley needs an evo
I meant the Tropius evo would keep those two abilities as his options, not that he somehow got them both at the same time...

I agree with you in everything.. except the priority moves.. I mean, don't you hate it when a +4 Luke sweeps your team using JUST extremespeed? -.-'
And though it may sound broken, that's the case in RD.. +2 Speed +2 Kabutops with SD, and almost none of the Chlorophyll pokemon can boost their stats.. I believe the only one is Tangrowth with SD?
The problem is, this only proves that the problem isn't with Sun itself, but rather, with the users of it. There's no chlorophyll Pokemon that learn Nasty Plot (aside from Shiftry, whom everyone seems to forget...) and only a few that are capable of utilizing SD (Exeggutor, Tangrowth).

In short, sun is fine, it's abusers just need a bit better movepools or stats.

@Emperor: I can't tell if that's a compliment, or an insult. lol

EDIT: Holy smokes, Ming-Ming. That's going to crash my browser!

Basically that. And also, since Reshiram reaaaally needs more love, here's N, chillin' like a villan out with the cool angel chicken.
fixed :P

speaking of N I'm beginning to think he might be a rival/evil organization leader...which might be cool :o

I meant the Tropius evo would keep those two abilities as his options, not that he somehow got them both at the same time...

The problem is, this only proves that the problem isn't with Sun itself, but rather, with the users of it. There's no chlorophyll Pokemon that learn Nasty Plot (aside from Shiftry, whom everyone seems to forget...) and only a few that are capable of utilizing SD (Exeggutor, Tangrowth).

In short, sun is fine, it's abusers just need a bit better movepools or stats.

@Emperor: I can't tell if that's a compliment, or an insult. lol
Oh yeah, forgot about Shiftry. I believe the only problem is hat the sun itself doesn't give enough benefits.
And Ming Ming, you seem really obsessed with Reshiram. I like it ^_^

Wally use a white shirt. N use a white shirt, chickens are white, reshiram is white=black version.

now can gamefreak troll us even more then this? also just you want mingy. i am getting a cook zekrom pic only to prove me+zekrom>you+chicken. also lol banana-dragon.

EDIT: Holy smokes, Ming-Ming. That's going to crash my browser!
I've actually tried re-sizing it on tinypic, but apparently... Can't be done. ;^^ Should've done it on GIMP or something when I had the chance.

speaking of N I'm beginning to think he might be a rival/evil organization leader...which might be cool :o
I could see him with a small cult following, though I don't believe it would be something big... Quality over quantity, don'tcha know? XD

And Ming Ming, you seem really obsessed with Reshiram. I like it ^_^
Nah, I just prefer him over Zekrom, really. Angel dragons > Mecha dragons, in my opinion at least.

Reshiram and Zekrom both have nice resistances, but I think Zekrom gets a better deal from its typing, and here's why:

-Vs. Kyogre: Zekrom resists 2 of its attacks, and if it is physical like the rumors seem to imply, it will be able to hit Kyogre with a STAB SE attack on the orca whale's lower defense. I don't expect it to be taking Water Spouts or anything like that, it should make a decent switch-in to less powerful Kyogre. Reshiram resists only Thunder, is crushed by STAB water attacks, and, if it is special, it hits Kyogre on its much higher SpD. Not to mention SR weakness. +1 Zekrom.

-Vs. Groudon: Reshiram wins here. A STAB, weather boosted special attack can really screw Groudon up, though it can't switch in for fear of Thunder Wave on support sets, or Earthquake/Stone Edge on offensive sets. Zekrom utterly fails, because Groudon is immune to electric attacks and has the defense to take physical dragon attacks. +1 Reshiram.

-Vs. Rayquaza: Both are at risk here, depending on speed. Neither can switch in obviously, but Zecrom can at least hit it with a neutral attack should Ray risk switching in. Neither wins.

-Vs. Dialga: This thing runs so many sets it is difficult to predict much of anything. Should they somehow manage to switch in, Reshiram has the advantage, IMO. Sun-boosted Fire attacks will do more to Dialga than a dragon attack would, and Dialga has lower SpD than Def anyway. +1 Reshiram.

-Vs. Palkia: Zecrom wins, IMO. Hits Palkia on its lower defense, and its elemental STAB isn't a 4x resist for Palkia to waltz in on, not to mention that it resists Surf. It also has a lesser chance of being revenge killed (assuming Reshi and Zekrom have similar HP/SpD) by ScarfKia since there is no SR weakness. +1 Zekrom.

-Vs. Giratina: Both are relatively equal against Gira-O, though again Zekrom isn't as vulnerable to SS revenge killing because it isn't weak to rocks. Against Giratina-A, Reshiram wins, being immune to Will-o-Wisp and being a primarily special attacker. +1 Reshiram.

-Vs. Lati@s: Against Latios, both are irrelevant, as they are likely to be outsped and KOd. However, Zekrom stands more of a chance, as Soul Dew is unable to block physical attacks and Zekrom's electrical attacks could paralyze it on the way in. The same is true for Latias. +2 Zekrom.

-Vs. Lugia: +1 Zekrom.

-Vs. Ho-oh: +1 Zekrom.

-Vs. Scizor: +1 Reshiram.

-Vs. Forretress: +1 Reshiram. Forry is often seen alongside Ho-oh (and likely Reshiram) as well as Groudon, so the fire STAB is superior.

-Vs. Skarmory: Zekrom can hit it SE regardless of the weather, while Rain hurts Reshiram's chances against it. +1 Zekrom.

-Vs. Manaphy: Zekrom bypasses CM with physical electric moves ftw. +1 Zekrom.

-Vs. Jirachi: In Rain, Zekrom would likely do better, hitting Jirachi on its weaker defense with neutral Electrical hits. Otherwise, Reshiram does work. I'll call this one even.

-Vs. Mewtwo/Darkrai: Both are equally as effective, so neutral.

-Vs. Garchomp: Comes down to the speed stat.

-Vs. Skymin: Both are probably outsped and blasted by Earth Power, but Skymin is weak to Fire. +1 Reshiram.

-Vs. Blissey: If there's an Outrage tutor, it is practically even, but if Zekrom doesn't have to resort to locking itself in, all the better. +1 Zekrom.

~Reshiram: 6
~Zekrom: 9

Zekrom comes out ahead by my count, not to mention that paralysis is arguably more beneficial than burn in the Uber metagame, what with there being so many special attackers and it being so speed-based. We'll see what happens I guess.

I've actually tried re-sizing it on tinypic, but apparently... Can't be done. ;^^ Should've done it on GIMP or something when I had the chance.

I could see him with a small cult following, though I don't believe it would be something big... Quality over quantity, don'tcha know? XD

Nah, I just prefer him over Zekrom, really. Angel dragons > Mecha dragons, in my opinion at least.
Oh. Well, Reshiram still rules.

Ok, let's get this straight, Reshiram's face is mammalian (more like Suicune's than a chicken) and its body is angelic or dragon-like. Can we stop with the chicken jokes for now?

As for Reshiram vs. Zekrom, we cannot truly debate this until we learn of their stat distributions. They will both be successful in the Uber metagame if the box legends remain 680 BST Pokemon.

zekrom>dragon>reshiram.

still love all 3 though. i think i am getting both versions but idk. also icyman i guess that prove zekrom got potential to be top tier in ubers huh? lets hope gamefreak dont fuck this up.

This Tropius evo needs to happen,this gen seems to be chock full of Dragon so they should atleast give him a Grass/Dragon evo. And his abilities would just make him better.

After the game is released in Japanese how long would it before we get important information like typing, base stats, new abilities&attack info, etc...?

Just for perminant usage,hear are the "leaked" Pokemon only with types and no names by Pokedex number.
#146 Grass (Pokemon #632)
#147 Poison (Pokemon #633)
#148 Ground (Pokemon #634)
#149 Dragon/Fire (RESHIRAM) (Pokemon #635)
#150 Dragon/Electric (ZEKROM) (Pokemon #636)
Next pokemon are unlisted in the ‘dex (similar to Rhyperior, Porygon-Z, etc in D/P) but are not previous generation pokemon. COULD be evolutions of older pokemon, pre-evos, OR legendaries… or just regular pokemon I suppose?
Ice/Fighting (Pokemon #637)
Fire/Dark [Houndoom evo? I hope so! Just popped into my mind because of type] (Pokemon #638)
Ground/Bug (Pokemon #639) <- Pinser evo?
Poison/Dragon (Pokemon #640)
Steel (Pokemon #641)
Water (Pokemon #642)
Fire (Pokemon #643)
Dragon/Ice [<- This is 3rd legendary!!] (Pokemon #644)
Normal/Ghost (Pokemon #645)
Dragon (Pokemon #646)
Dark/Psychic (Pokemon #647

Just for perminant usage,hear are the "leaked" Pokemon only with types and no names by Pokedex number.
#146 Grass (Pokemon #632)
#147 Poison (Pokemon #633)
#148 Ground (Pokemon #634)
#149 Dragon/Fire (RESHIRAM) (Pokemon #635)
#150 Dragon/Electric (ZEKROM) (Pokemon #636)
Next pokemon are unlisted in the ‘dex (similar to Rhyperior, Porygon-Z, etc in D/P) but are not previous generation pokemon. COULD be evolutions of older pokemon, pre-evos, OR legendaries… or just regular pokemon I suppose?
Ice/Fighting (Pokemon #637)
Fire/Dark [Houndoom evo? I hope so! Just popped into my mind because of type] (Pokemon #638)
Ground/Bug (Pokemon #639) <- Pinser evo?
Poison/Dragon (Pokemon #640)
Steel (Pokemon #641)
Water (Pokemon #642)
Fire (Pokemon #643)
Dragon/Ice [<- This is 3rd legendary!!] (Pokemon #644)
Normal/Ghost (Pokemon #645)
Dragon (Pokemon #646)
Dark/Psychic (Pokemon #647
Emphasis on "leak" those were rumors from pokejungle iirc

I did a price conversion earlier, the games are selling for 55.00 in Japan with tax, and 40.00 before tax here, is the conversion wrong if it said 4800 yen?

Emphasis on "leak" those were rumors from pokejungle iirc
From the same website as the leak -> "Most of today’s rumors are translated from blue skY, a blog which gained notereity in the Gen4 era when information was coming out and actually had quite a few rumors which turned out to be true. This is Gen5 though, totally different ballgame. Hoping they’re right though frankly, Dragon/Ice sounds cool."

@Lucalibur, That it does.

As for the 3 on 3 battles, I think it will be a very out of control battle type. Sure, the placement of the pokemon as well as the new abilities seem interesting, but I have a feeling that it will be cast on the sidelines as 2v2 was (though quite a lot of people do play 2v2). I'm not saying that there will be a tier / metagame for it, I just think that it will not get the attention that it deserves. However, the fact that you are given 2 home-town rivals kind of has me thinking of alliances throughout the game.

Reshiram and Zekrom both have nice resistances, but I think Zekrom gets a better deal from its typing, and here's why:

-Vs. Kyogre: Zekrom resists 2 of its attacks, and if it is physical like the rumors seem to imply, it will be able to hit Kyogre with a STAB SE attack on the orca whale's lower defense. I don't expect it to be taking Water Spouts or anything like that, it should make a decent switch-in to less powerful Kyogre. Reshiram resists only Thunder, is crushed by STAB water attacks, and, if it is special, it hits Kyogre on its much higher SpD. Not to mention SR weakness. +1 Zekrom.

-Vs. Groudon: Reshiram wins here. A STAB, weather boosted special attack can really screw Groudon up, though it can't switch in for fear of Thunder Wave on support sets, or Earthquake/Stone Edge on offensive sets. Zekrom utterly fails, because Groudon is immune to electric attacks and has the defense to take physical dragon attacks. +1 Reshiram.

-Vs. Rayquaza: Both are at risk here, depending on speed. Neither can switch in obviously, but Zecrom can at least hit it with a neutral attack should Ray risk switching in. Neither wins.

-Vs. Dialga: This thing runs so many sets it is difficult to predict much of anything. Should they somehow manage to switch in, Reshiram has the advantage, IMO. Sun-boosted Fire attacks will do more to Dialga than a dragon attack would, and Dialga has lower SpD than Def anyway. +1 Reshiram.

-Vs. Palkia: Zecrom wins, IMO. Hits Palkia on its lower defense, and its elemental STAB isn't a 4x resist for Palkia to waltz in on, not to mention that it resists Surf. It also has a lesser chance of being revenge killed (assuming Reshi and Zekrom have similar HP/SpD) by ScarfKia since there is no SR weakness. +1 Zekrom.

-Vs. Giratina: Both are relatively equal against Gira-O, though again Zekrom isn't as vulnerable to SS revenge killing because it isn't weak to rocks. Against Giratina-A, Reshiram wins, being immune to Will-o-Wisp and being a primarily special attacker. +1 Reshiram.

-Vs. Lati@s: Against Latios, both are irrelevant, as they are likely to be outsped and KOd. However, Zekrom stands more of a chance, as Soul Dew is unable to block physical attacks and Zekrom's electrical attacks could paralyze it on the way in. The same is true for Latias. +2 Zekrom.

-Vs. Lugia: +1 Zekrom.

-Vs. Ho-oh: +1 Zekrom.

-Vs. Scizor: +1 Reshiram.

-Vs. Forretress: +1 Reshiram. Forry is often seen alongside Ho-oh (and likely Reshiram) as well as Groudon, so the fire STAB is superior.

-Vs. Skarmory: Zekrom can hit it SE regardless of the weather, while Rain hurts Reshiram's chances against it. +1 Zekrom.

-Vs. Manaphy: Zekrom bypasses CM with physical electric moves ftw. +1 Zekrom.

-Vs. Jirachi: In Rain, Zekrom would likely do better, hitting Jirachi on its weaker defense with neutral Electrical hits. Otherwise, Reshiram does work. I'll call this one even.

-Vs. Mewtwo/Darkrai: Both are equally as effective, so neutral.

-Vs. Garchomp: Comes down to the speed stat.

-Vs. Skymin: Both are probably outsped and blasted by Earth Power, but Skymin is weak to Fire. +1 Reshiram.

-Vs. Blissey: If there's an Outrage tutor, it is practically even, but if Zekrom doesn't have to resort to locking itself in, all the better. +1 Zekrom.

~Reshiram: 6
~Zekrom: 9

Zekrom comes out ahead by my count, not to mention that paralysis is arguably more beneficial than burn in the Uber metagame, what with there being so many special attackers and it being so speed-based. We'll see what happens I guess.
I'm thinking Reshiram is faster, by the looks. If he is, I wouldn't give Lati@s to Zekrom, and Skarmory should bviously be given to Reshiram

dragon/eletric is better against lati@s then dragon/fire but both are really not reliable, and i dont see why skarmory should be given to reshiram when zekrom is way more reliable for killing. rain dont mess up thunder power(in fact it make sure it hit 100% of the time) while fire blast become almost useless in rain. on neutral weather t-punch still 2hko and t-bolt/thunder ohko as long zekrom atacking stats are both base 110 or above. reshiram also ohko with fire blast on both normal and sunny weather. but zekrom beat regardless of the weather. and for all we know zekrom could go and learn fire blast/punch.

I'm thinking Reshiram is faster, by the looks. If he is, I wouldn't give Lati@s to Zekrom, and Skarmory should bviously be given to Reshiram
The only reason I think it might be the other way around is because many Fire-types are slower hard hitters. Although, Zekrom does seem bulkier and they could pull something like what they did with Dialga and Palkia and have their speed and HP switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)