Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr.T said:
the concept for those are completely different. Roar of time is a roar that fucks up time. Rock wrecker shoots a giant rock at the opponent. the mechanics of the move have nothing to do with the concept. the Oaths seem, at this point in time, to be based on the same concept. they are both oaths, only they make an oath to a different element.
maybe the oath moves are like belly drum except you only lose, say, 12% of youre health for a 24% increase in the power of the respective type of move
(example= Pokabu used flame oath! pokabu sacrificed 12% of its health, pokabu used nitro charge! it power was increased my pokabus devotion!)
just a thought.
or it could sac some health and randomly take away one of the move types resistances
(ex=flame oath would take away a water, ground, or rock resistance randomly)

I like the idea of removing a resistance. I'd think Grass Oath would make grass move neutral to fire, Water Oath neutral to Grass, and Fire Oath neutral to Water. I wouldn't think they'd have to sacrifice health though.

So what's this about Oath's, I feel like I missed something :(

On a side note, not sure if anyone else has mentioned this before but I'm wondering what Team Plasma's goal will be. Team Magma and Aqua's name both lead to the fact of using magma or water to make a new world. Galactic used Space and Time to create a portal to a new world. Wondering what Plasma will do.

I like the idea of removing a resistance. I'd think Grass Oath would make grass move neutral to fire, Water Oath neutral to Grass, and Fire Oath neutral to Water. I wouldn't think they'd have to sacrifice health though.
for a random resistance maybe no health sac, but maybe for a specific one like 25% or something (dragon minus steel= only reason)

i like youre interpretation better than mine

It seems to me that either the oath moves and the mixer/charge/blade moves are to have one of them as the sig moves of the starters (probably spread later on...), and the other pairs to be just 'new moves for grass/fire/water Pokemon'.

You know? There is one thing that I do not understand at all: Jynx. Now you may think what I mentioned was racist, but it is not. I am saying that Jynx was not purposely racist and stereotypical, but is rather related to someone that was a slave. Anyway, Jynx was not purposely racist but Americans are racist at times, but this is probably because of some dangers the Blacks have been doing against America (robbery, drugs, etc.). In conclusion, there is no need for Jynx to be completely racist for ANYONE.

Well.... I think it was best if we haven't said this in this thread, as this is mostly about Black and White only, so I am sorry, but I just wanted to say something.

Look at the Bulbapedia page for Jynx. Its origins have nothing to do with black people, it was based on a fashion that was popular in Japan. The only reason it's considered racist is because Americans don't know anything about other cultures.

Anyway, I was thinking, the Sun is made up of plasma (evil team) and sunlight can create heat (Reshiram) and electricity (solar panels) (Zekrom). This is making me think that the third legendary will either be helped by the Sun or be anti-Sun. This would mean it would most likely be Dragon/Grass or Dragon/Ice, respectively.

it is a stereotype that black people are the only ones who can rob a store/bank/sell drugs/form gangs. likewise it is a misconception that only white people can be racist and that its not racist when black people call each other the n bomb i find it distasteful when black people pull the race card on me because i'm caucasian, i am also irish, and a baha'i. both of the irish have been discriminated against in the past, and bahai's are currently getting executed and persecuted in Iran (look up the baha'i mona for a well known case in the 70's[?] and a month ago a 17 year old girl was arrested for teaching a childrens class on charges of espionage for israel, but israel cannot afford to bail them out for fear of increasing tensions between them and iran) and frankly, plenty of other races/ religions (native american indians [both north american and south american ones] and the jewish population, among others )

but still waaay off topic

DDRmasta said:
Anyway, I was thinking, the Sun is made up of plasma (evil team) and sunlight can create heat (Reshiram) and electricity (solar panels) (Zekrom). This is making me think that the third legendary will either be helped by the Sun or be anti-Sun. This would mean it would most likely be Dragon/Grass or Dragon/Ice, respectively.

Well.... I think it was best if we haven't said this in this thread, as this is mostly about Black and White only, so I am sorry, but I just wanted to say something.
The best thing to do in this instance would be not to post any of that pointless rant that made literally no sense whatsoever.
This is probably because some of the dangers that Blacks have been doing against America? Think before you type man. That's ridiculous.

On topic, I really can't speculate on what the oaths are going to be doing, but I like the idea of signature moves that would spread later on. In RSE, leaf blade and blaze kick were the shit (I didn't really care for Muddy water). Nitro charge and shell blade sound to me like they have that possibility.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
You know? There is one thing that I do not understand at all: Jynx. Now you may think what I mentioned was racist, but it is not. I am saying that Jynx was not purposely racist and stereotypical, but is rather related to someone that was a slave. Anyway, Jynx was not purposely racist but Americans are racist at times, but this is probably because of some dangers the Blacks have been doing against America (robbery, drugs, etc.). In conclusion, there is no need for Jynx to be completely racist for ANYONE.

There is so much bullshit on this post I don't even know where to begin with.

Really man, try to control yourself on your posting here. This isn't a spamfest.

[Signature attacks debate]
Suffice to say we probably aren't going to be able to convince each other either way. I'm not willing to chalk up three new attacks the starters know matching their main typings revealed this early on with one of them definitely being a signature move to coincidence. Also, for the record, the three attacks revealed all together in a rumor way back when at least before we knew about Nitro Charge and I think it was before we knew about Grass Mixer too, in a way that made me think they had something to do with each other.

The whole thing about Grass Mixer was kinda sorta my point though-- it seems like an attack a snake would know because of the whole rotating deal, and there aren't many Grass-type snakes around. I guess I have a bad way of getting it across, and I guess the it's sort of grasping at straws.

And on Leaf Blade, well, yeah, the animation for Leaf Blade is simply a green sword, which technically wouldn't make any sense for anything that learns it. Leaf Blade, at its simplest, from its attack description, is just a sharp leaf that can cut the opponent. As I said, anything with Razor Leaf from that simple description could technically learn the attack, but like it, Muddy Water, and Blaze Kick, it wasn't distributed until Gen IV to other things that made sense.

EDIT: I would consider the Oaths to be signature attacks of starters in general, like Frenzy Plant/Blast Burn/Hydro Cannon, but that's just how I see it, it's not a big deal either way.

Am I the only person wondering why the oaths are elemental? I think that they'll boost the same type of mood for some cost, which could easily be preventing you from using other types of moves.

I'm not exactly sure why there was so much controversy with Jynx and yet everybody loved Mr. Popo from DBZ LOL! I think the only black people that actually cared where Al Sharpton type activists looking for a chance to speak nonsense after pulling out the race card from their pockets.

I think the oaths will be useless move that raise their stab one stage.
Hardly useless. I'm not going to complain one bit if we see, say, a SubSalac Mijumaru spamming Oath and ready to sweep with Shell Blade. Come to think of it, Oath-related sets might be pretty commonplace for the first few weeks or so.

Aww... IMO Fire/Psychic is crap. Weakness to SR and Pursuit seems like too much to use it over Celebi or Jirachi.
but it can handle scizor rather nicely :)

I'd have to see it's moveset before I go with what it'l be. If it knows a wide range of moves I'd still use it in Ou

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)