Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The King of Harts said:
My educated guess: Whenever you send out Victini you win the match.

Isn't Fire/Psychic only resisted by Starmie?
Fire/Psychic is resisted by Starmie, Slowbro, Slowking, Sharpedo, Crawdaunt, Solrock, Lunatone, Tyranitar, Heatran, Houndoom and Latia/os. Tyranitar, Heatran and the Lati twins are probably the most important of those, so a strong Fighting move and a strong Dragon move would really help him.
What the hell is wrong with me? Thanks for that correction.

The Swan interest me greatly with that sassy pose. I wonder if it has an evolution line.

Hearing that Victinny's Psychic/Fire than what I earlier speculated as Electric/Fire just makes me giggle that there could be a Dark/Electric flying around~ *shot*

As a friend of mine told me before, she finds that Black/White are addressing the multiple criticism the series has been getting over the years. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if someone tried to file a claim against Aroe, and Game Freak just sitting there, going, "Just as planned", and pull some weird law stunt.

Fire/Psychic huh? Lets just assume it has Stabs and 100 across the board, not counting ability and all that...
Scizor is toast against this thing. Heatran walls it. Infernape won't like him at all. Starmie, Tyranitar and Gyarados laugh at him. Gengar will probably lose out if Victiny doesnt switch in on Shadow Ball. Jirachi is toast. Metagross...neither can switch in on the other. Rotom will probably be able to take him. Thats just pulling a few top tier pokes. Its far from a bad typing, just that SR weakness...

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This has probably been suggested before, but the swan could be a Pelipper evolution or an alternate Wingull evolution. It does have the exact same color palette, for what that's worth.

Based on the fact that the other 5 all-100 base event legends got it, and the Infernape family got it, Victini has a good chance of getting Grass Knot. It would definitely help against Starmie(80 base power isn't the best though), Swampert, and T-Tar(switch ins). Kyorge and Groudon wouldn't like it in ubers either(and Victini gets a sunlight boost for it's Fire attacks).

This has probably been suggested before, but the swan could be a Pelipper evolution or an alternate Wingull evolution. It does have the exact same color palette, for what that's worth.
It has been said, but I don't think it is likely to be. Personally I'm getting tired of everyone crying "evolution" or "prevo" whenever we see a new pokemon -.-; At least this one makes more sense than Munna being a Drowsee prevo.

Swan, if related to another pokemon at all, I think will come from a ugly duckling-esque pokemon as opposed to the existing seagull/pelican. Either that or the name of Swan has been mistranslated and it is actually a goose based off mother goose or something. It being female seems likely what with the feather-boobs it has. Then again, all Gorebyss have shellboobs so the thoery is a bit moot.

EDIT: Clearly a swan and not some obscure goose (good thing too.. I see enough of them IRL and they are messy and annoying creatures).

i thought that in the RBY era gamefreak said that they wouldnt make a fire psychic pokemon to appease the born again christians who think that that is the typing of the devil

but i could be wrong, it is a cook typing for the little guy
...Why in the world would that be the case? Gamefreak probably didn't give two shits about over-reactive religious zealots.

I reckon Aloe is the grass type gym leader. She looks like a gardener. No idea about Dento, though, he looks like he could be anybody.
I think Dento is Brock's replacement in the anime.

TheMaskedNitpicker said:
Eh, I'm not feeling it. I get where you're coming from, but I don't see it evolving from Wingull. Swans and Seagulls don't have too much in common; at least Seagulls and Pelicans live in the same enviroment. And before anyone says it, Remoraid to Octillery is an exception, drop it.

I really like Gaburaisu's idea of it evolving from an ugly duckling, though.

Aggh...This game is looking very dissapointing. I love the little Bug thing but come on: Fire/Psychic? For Vicinti? Granted Jirachi doesn't really look Steel/Psychic but really? Might as well make the little Bug Bug/Ice and Shikijika (deer) Normal/Electric to get those two type combinations out of the way.

It seems Nintendo is just lobbing crap at us and expecting us to go crazy about it. What's with the Bakugan looking legendaries and Musharna looking exactly like Munna but with smoke. I'm dissapointed.

Aggh...This game is looking very dissapointing. I love the little Bug thing but come on: Fire/Psychic? For Vicinti? Granted Jirachi doesn't really look Steel/Psychic but really? Might as well make the little Bug Bug/Ice and Shikijika (deer) Normal/Electric to get those two type combinations out of the way.

It seems Nintendo is just lobbing crap at us and expecting us to go crazy about it. What's with the Bakugan looking legendaries and Musharna looking exactly like Munna but with smoke. I'm dissapointed.
Then don't buy the game....?

Or if it's the matter of a few pokemon, don't train them. I don't like the Jigglypuff line. I've never trained it, never will. Ever. And I've enjoyed all the gen 1-4 games just fine that way.

And relax about the typing. It's impossible to tell how much changes from gen 4 to 5 until we see moves, abilities and commonly used pokes. Look at the generational difference in strong types from gen1 to gen2 or even the advent of gen 4 when stealth rock nerfed everything fire, flying, bug and ice.

A few ugly pokemon like Munna are not going to take away from me playing the crap out of this game and I'll probably enjoy it that much more when my meguroko chomps the hell out of it in game or competitively.

I figured the swan would keep the bra. The deer looks about as I expected, boring normal type. Bug looks cool, helpful early on, but no use past gym #2. Just trying to wait a month to start planning my team, movesets and natures.

Well all of the Pokemon so far are original and not related to any other Pokemon that I know of,so I think its a step up from Gan IV,were half of it was just final evos.

Seriously? lol. Magneton looks exactly like Magneton but with three of them! Dare I say... Diglet?? Yeah, come on. I love both of those Pokemon, finally a tapir that looks cool (imo).

That bug looks pretty cool, I really like the leaf it has on its head. Victini being Fire/Psychic is pretty bleh. Both of its STABs are resisted by Tyranitar and Heatran (though it can probably beat the latter due to higher speed + Calm Mind). If Victory Star makes up for its poor typing (it will have to be much better than Hydration, or Natural Cure for that matter) then it could end up OU. Unless the ability auto-Rapid Spins or auto-Stealth Rocks, I'm not sure if this thing could ever land in Ubers.

In the anime, at least, his job is to see the relationships between Pokémon and humans. Maybe N was a part of the same trainer class as Dento, but gave up on it after seeing too many mean-spirited trainers?
Dento does look like a gardener/field work guy. Seeing as he looks kinda dressed up he could be a cook of some sort..same goes for aloe. very nice&different character designs too.

now about the pokemon, the swan seems like it could be one of those pokemon that are meant to look feminine. if so i wonder if it will have a male counterpart in the species. The new worm pokemon looks alright too, I like how its based off one of those caterpillars that look like leaves for camo. Lastly the deer pokemon reminds me of shellos line due to its design pattern (not trying to say they are related).

Retracting my rant about Shikijika. It's ok.

If the Swan turns out to be Water/Flying, which seems pretty logical, and it ISN'T related to Wingull, then we'd have to separate light blue and white Water/Flying lines. That's redundant, even for Gamefreak. Maybe the swan will be a different type, though. Ice/Flying maybe?

Seriously? lol. Magneton looks exactly like Magneton but with three of them! Dare I say... Diglet?? Yeah, come on. I love both of those Pokemon, finally a tapir that looks cool (imo).

That bug looks pretty cool, I really like the leaf it has on its head. Victini being Fire/Psychic is pretty bleh. Both of its STABs are resisted by Tyranitar and Heatran (though it can probably beat the latter due to higher speed + Calm Mind). If Victory Star makes up for its poor typing (it will have to be much better than Hydration, or Natural Cure for that matter) then it could end up OU. Unless the ability auto-Rapid Spins or auto-Stealth Rocks, I'm not sure if this thing could ever land in Ubers.
Oh yeah. Magneton...Not a fan of how they evolve either but whatever. I'm definatly buying the game because Pokemon is fun no matter what, it just seems like they're putting in less effort. I think there are better designs for a fire/psychic than just a mouse? is it a mouse?

I don't see how Dento could fit into the plot of the game. I mean, we have two active rivals actually doing something (cough Dawn cough), Aragagi and her assistant bugging you about Musharna and the Dream smoke, and two villains with two different objectives. That's a lot of text without Dento in the picture.

ashjdfgsakhfaskgjfkahsfsfsaf

That bug pokemon. Shits all over Wurmple, is equal to Caterpie and Weedle.

Please give its final evo decent stats or a good ability... or a different type than Bug/Flying....please gf...I beg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)