Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So according to Pokejungle, Dento is confirmed as the FIRST Gym Leader and Aloe is confirmed as the SECOND. I wonder if that means Dento uses Rock-types... he certainly doesn't look like it (but then I suppose Rock-types aren't the first thing I think of for Brock and Roxanne, not knowing their names of course...). So I wonder if that means they'll break that tradition... I'm not sure how I feel about it now that it might be happening.

@MWL: Ehhh. Either way, I don't think there are any other new Pokemon in that issue. I'm sure they would have included it on that page if they were just revealing it.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Ok: WHAT THE HELL?

You can use ITEMS in COMPETITIVE battling with this "miracle shooter" now? DO we shut down Smogon now, or later???:D

Musharna has potential to be a defensive tank, Munna has 144 HP at Lv. 50 and all. Might be a reverse Blissey for all we know, or just another Wobbuffet.

The one Pokemon that got my psyched was Rankurusu - I have to get one of those. =D

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher

You can use ITEMS in COMPETITIVE battling with this "miracle shooter" now? DO we shut down Smogon now, or later???:D
It's only been confirmed on Wireless, not Wifi.

If Wifi battles don't allow items, then we're as good as safe.

Either that or an option to turn it off.

That made me laugh xD
Well... I'm pretty sure people are going to put a rule into the Standard Rules. I can predict that it would probably be something like "Miracle Shooter Clause" where only certain items can be used, or no items can be used.
We'll have to wait and see, but this is what I'm pretty sure is going to happen.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
So according to Pokejungle, Dento is confirmed as the FIRST Gym Leader and Aloe is confirmed as the SECOND. I wonder if that means Dento uses Rock-types... he certainly doesn't look like it (but then I suppose Rock-types aren't the first thing I think of for Brock and Roxanne, not knowing their names of course...). So I wonder if that means they'll break that tradition... I'm not sure how I feel about it now that it might be happening.

@MWL: Ehhh. Either way, I don't think there are any other new Pokemon in that issue. I'm sure they would have included it on that page if they were just revealing it.
Yeah, unfortunately. I just don't understand why they didn't reveal Emonga if we already have official Sugimori art of it.

There's an option to turn it off before battling in-game. And Smogon could always clause it, were it really needed to.

Yeah, unfortunately. I just don't understand why they didn't reveal Emonga if we already have official Sugimori art of it.
I would assume it is a simple matter of CoroCoro not having the picture at the time of planning/printing (which usually starts about 2 months before it is released), with it being meant to be shown on the tour or something. CoroCoro doesn't get everything early, just what they in turn are given from the devs.

These seasons are starting to worry me. It looks like there are places you can only get to in winter... I don't want to have to wait a month to get to an area.
I can see where you're coming from.. but this aspect really intrigues me and I hope it does work like this. At least it isn't purely real time where you'd have to wait until Winter :P

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Based on his looking, I think Dento uses either Normal or Psychic pokémon.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Guys remember that we emulate from Wireless link battles, not WiFi (Giratina-O, Shaymin-S, Rotom-A). So even if Shooter doesn't work on WiFi it'll probably be implemented anyways. Though it doesn't mean we can't clause it.

What typing do you want for the starters final evolution?

I'd like Mijumaru to have Water/Fighting, Pokabu to have Fire/Psychic and Tsutaja to be Grass/Dark.
Pokabu being Fire/Psychic would kill it. Victini will probably be ok with that typing thanks to its awesome stats, but Pokabu's probably the slower bulky/defensive one this generation. Defensive fire types have enough problems without adding Pursuit-weakness.

I want Tsutaja Grass/Electric, Pokabu Fire/Ground, Mijumaru Water/Fighting. I was gonna say Fire/Dark for Pokabu but I like the idea of STAB Ground and no SR weakness.
Those are my hopes as well, on all accounts. Especially Pokabu not having a SR weakness.

We've discussed this a lot too, lol. Fire Blast, Focus Blast, Psycho Boost, and Blizzard. Bam it's a beast :D
Fire types can't have ice type attacks.

This is a bit of a backtrack but Musharna having 144HP at level 50 is nothing huge.
With 0 EV's and 0 IV's in HP, it would have base 84-85HP. While good, it's nothing to be amazed over.

If it has IV's and EV's the base HP would be lower than that. Nothing huge imo.

With hope that Bambi absorbs Sleep Powder and Spore, it's looking as if it's a prime counter to Breloom (aside from the fact that it's a Normal type as well as Grass). However, Breloom can just Mach Punch Bambi for an easy KO...

I'm hoping that this "master document" at least shows all of the Pokemon that we already know about. :/

He could always use Flying-type Pokemon like Falkner in Gen2. I think Aloe must use Grass-types since her name is the name of a flower. Honestly, I'm just hoping she does bc I want to be able to get the cute grass deer early on in the game.

D:> I could be banned! Now that means I can't see my awesome profile pic anymore!

Anyway.... Hbest11395 may have a point, but that is kind of stupid. Pokabu would be just a demon pig, Tsutaja would be a demon snake with limbs, and Mijumaru would be just a pile of saggy lard. I could see Mijumaru's evolution right now....

And just in case if you got misinterpreted, I mean their evolutions.

With hope that Bambi absorbs Sleep Powder and Spore, it's looking as if it's a prime counter to Breloom (aside from the fact that it's a Normal type as well as Grass). However, Breloom can just Mach Punch Bambi for an easy KO...

I'm hoping this "master document" at least shows all of the Pokemon that we already know about. :/
Hate to be a pessimist, but I think that page with all the pokemon on was the "master document". Corocoro do sometimes exaggerate things to sell copies.

This Miracle Shooter thing is gonna suck if it's implemented for the VGC.
Keep in mind that this COULD be the generational change to implement, much like the Special Attack/Defense split, the EV/IV redoing, and the physical/special split. So if you're only allowed to take a strategic set of items, with some items banned, it could add another dimension to gameplay successfully, in a similar fashion to the physical/special split.

This is a bit of a backtrack but Musharna having 144HP at level 50 is nothing huge.
With 0 EV's and 0 IV's in HP, it would have base 84-85HP. While good, it's nothing to be amazed over.

If it has IV's and EV's the base HP would be lower than that. Nothing huge imo.
No, Munna has that much HP. Munna is Musharna's pre-evo - so when it evolves it will be pretty large.

He could always use Flying-type Pokemon like Falkner in Gen2. I think Aloe must use Grass-types since her name is the name of a flower. Honestly, I'm just hoping she does bc I want to be able to get the cute grass deer early on in the game.
Falkner was sort of a unique case since he COULDN'T have been a Rock-type Gym Leader, since we'd have had two at that point. But that doesn't mean Dento can't be a Flying-type trainer if he really doesn't use Rock-types.

As an FYI, the vast majority of Gym Leaders and other important battle characters are named after plants or aspects of plants in the Japanese version. It even carries over sometimes in the US version, most notably in Platinum where all the Frontier Brains kept plant-related names.

@MWL: Smoking fish. Sort of want. Now I can't unsee the cigar/cigarette in the screenshot, though.

Well, we don't know how this shooter fully works yet. It says you need to earn "points" to use items. A.) We don't know how to obtain those points during battle, and B.) We don't know what items are awarded. Are they held items, or stuff in reserve to use, like a Super Potion?
The best speculation we can make at this point is that it's either going to be completely broken, or simply not (although, it would make sense to allow one to turn it on/off. Wi-Fi/wireless is a different story; I don't know all the details/how much was revealed as of writing this).

Btw, does anyone else think Moguryuu looks a little bit like the Reconstructed Mole from MOTHER 3? (Y'know, minus being half-metal)

EDIT: @PKMN Trainer Manson, I didn't notice that b4 about the Fronteir Brains. But the castle Brain is Butler Derik or something, right? Doesn't sound much like a plant to me...

is she wearing different clothes in the Winter? it sure looks like it.

speaking of Winter, it looks like different paths open up in different seasons. sounds bad ass to me. I expect some of the legendaries (mainly the trio) to only be obtainable in certain seasons via new pathways (as well as new routes with certain Pokemon on them)

as for the Corocoro stuff, I'm in LOVE with Moguryuu! Sand Power is cool, and I think Sand Throw could be a few different things. I hope it lets you hit Flying types with Ground type attacks, which would be amazing. it could also act as an auto sand-attack, and lowers the opponents accuracy when you switch in.

also, I want a better picture of the new fish...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)