Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chillarmy has Sweep Slap, not Double Slap. I also don't see a tail so I doubt it. Have we seen Chillarmy use Helping Hand?
Even ignoring the color thing, it'd be weird for it to lose its tail...and well everything that made it identifiable.
Tabunne is perfectly upright, has no tail, completely different ears, markings, disposition.
Level 10 would be a pretty early time for a non-bug to evolve, too. Why not just show Chillarmy, you know?
umm i got wrong the attacks, was pretty sure that they mentioned chillarmy learning helping hand..... o well.. anyway..
tabunne seem to have a tail that can be see under his left arm.. or what i think is part of a tail,
esnubbul to granbull lost/change almost all the things that were remarkable (dots, ears, hands, dress like body, color) but the face is quite similar especially the eyes .. and for what I remember eyes are quite charasteristic of each poke, at least in Ken Sugimori art.
and about the level.. well we have meet underleveled evolved pokes before.. and this is a demo

the rest is like you say.. ^_^.. obviously I could, and almost certanly, be wrong XD but is an interesant proposition.. tabunne could be based in a giant gerbo-like animal (against my theory ... it looks more like a standing dog)

You know what he looks like more? A fucking snake. He fits the physical description almost perfectly. Lizards and snakes can look similar. That doesn't mean that they are interchangeable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opheodrys_aestivus

You can scream that he is based off an anole all you want. Saying an untrue statement louder and longer does not make it true.

That combo happens to be near useless in the competitive metagame unless you lead with it, and it happens to be a terrible lead.
I don't play competetively, I hop on random wi-fi and don't care about tiers, and that Blaziken is amazing.
Damn, calm down, it's just my opinion. Nobody is perfectly right, and in my opinion it looks more like this

Seeing that Tsutaja "supposedly" specializes in Special attack and is known as "Smugleaf" for its smuggish demeanor, I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up with Nasty Plot in it's movepool. That would definitely be the thing to seperate it from Sceptile.

Damn, calm down, it's just my opinion. Nobody is perfectly right, and in my opinion it looks more like this (Image)
I think you should make clear that you know what the pokemon is based off of an why, but believe in your own opinion that looks (Only looks) more like the animal you're talking about.

@Sarunibi: That would be great if Tsutaja's Speed to Special attack ratio was higher than Sceptile as well, so that it could outrun many pokemon with the set-up. A nice secondary type would help too, though.

Of coarse opinions can be wrong. However much I agree with you doesn't mean that being brash is the right way to go.

Now, onto something else.

Anyone have an idea of what Tabunne could possibly be based off of? I'm stumped; the little ball things look kinda like bells, but that doesn't really help much.
To me, Tabunne almost looks like a...... goat?
On two legs.
With bells hanging from it's horns. Yeah, that's my guess.

Seeing that Tsutaja "supposedly" specializes in Special attack and is known as "Smugleaf" for its smuggish demeanor, I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up with Nasty Plot in it's movepool. That would definitely be the thing to seperate it from Sceptile.
Well, it's not technically "smug", but it is shown to be relatively intelligent-- it's Pokedex entry says that it even "grows more insightful in sunlight", so yeah, having Nasty Plot isn't unlikely and having it to set-up would be nice and I actually think that would would differentiate it from every other Grass-type, as well as the expected Glare. So while it'll be a Grass-type with emphasis on Special Attack (and, errr... hopefully speedy. The blogger didn't mention that but I will be a little sad if it isn't relatively fast), it should differentiate itself enough from Sceptile.

I still hope it gets a good secondary typing though...

As far as what Tsutarja is based on... it's certainly a snake, albeit I'm only saying that based on the "Ivy Snake" classification (and these can be off-- like Blastoise as the "Shellfish Pokemon") and the attack Coil. Just a snake with legs. Albeit that sounds really stupid, but think about it this way-- if it didn't have limbs, I don't think it would have been really "mascot material". I'm not really sure how to describe but I support Gamefreak's decision to give it limbs as dumb as I would have said they were doing that if someone had just told me.

I actually think it's a totally different kind of snake than what Obsessed posted but in all likelihood it probably isn't any specific variety of snake.

umm i got wrong the attacks, was pretty sure that they mentioned chillarmy learning helping hand..... o well.. anyway..
tabunne seem to have a tail that can be see under his left arm.. or what i think is part of a tail,
esnubbul to granbull lost/change almost all the things that were remarkable (dots, ears, hands, dress like body, color) but the face is quite similar especially the eyes .. and for what I remember eyes are quite charasteristic of each poke, at least in Ken Sugimori art.
and about the level.. well we have meet underleveled evolved pokes before.. and this is a demo

the rest is like you say.. ^_^.. obviously I could, and almost certanly, be wrong XD but is an interesant proposition.. tabunne could be based in a giant gerbo-like animal (against my theory ... it looks more like a standing dog)
You keep mentioning the eyes but they really aren't similar at all.

Chillarmy is more O-O but Tubanne seems more T-T, something akin to tsutarja. Half closed eyes.

Damn, calm down, it's just my opinion. Nobody is perfectly right, and in my opinion it looks more like this
Yeah, he looks like an anole. Looking like it does not mean he is based off of it.

He also looks like the snake I linked to. He is called the grass snake Pokemon. He is a green snake with a yellow underbelly that is non-venomous. The snake I linked to has all of those qualities.

You stated he was BASED off an anole, not that he simply looked like one. You are clearly wrong on the first point. He is not BASED off an anole at at all, he simply looks like one.

umm... then you all realize that tsutaja is one of these

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3030/2467515050_e9e81dd0f7.jpg

https://newsline.llnl.gov/wildside/feb/02.01.08_lizard.php

related to the last link.. so isshu is really in USA O.o... hehe
No he isn't...

Personally, I think that you need to switch out and switch in to reset the ability, but it's all speculation. At least Skarmory has a decent ability, now. =P

then DON'T use them more than once in-game/post game/competitively...etc.

The fact that we can (not that we will) means that the game will be easier overall. I really hope the Gym Leaders and Elite Four of this region are actually challenging, so we actually have a need to reuse TMs. :/

Opinions can be wrong. He got upset that someone said it could be poison type because it was based off an anole (wrong). At that time he stated it as fact, not opinion. I showed that he was incorrect.

He then responds with "Well it says he is a grass snake, but I'd still prefer to be wrong and think he is really a grass lizard."

I find that pretty frustrating especially when he was throwing a fit over how someone could think a snake could be poisonous.

And it isn't getting huffy over nothing. It is getting huffy over the fact that someone is sticking to an opinion shown to be incorrect no matter how much evidence contradicts them.
First of all, I didn't get upset, the person I responded to knew I was kidding around. And I never stated it as a fact, I never said: Tsutaja is and won't ever change from being an anole. I simply said he looked more like an anole IMO. And the way you word: "Well it says he is a grass snake, but I'd still prefer to be wrong and think he is really a grass lizard." Is obviously not how it is, because I never said I prefered to be wrong and choose that, I said I see him looking more like an anole. I never threw a 'fit' about him thinking it could be part poison because it was a snake, and right now you're throwing a 'fit' on how I was joking on killing GF if it was part poison. Learn to part throwing a fit over sarcasm.

Did anyone mentioned the fact that the green rock, plant monster, and Emoga sprites were fake? Ignoring the first two does my means Emoga is post-national dex?

To me, Tabunne almost looks like a...... goat?
On two legs.
With bells hanging from it's horns. Yeah, that's my guess.
I saw the horns as ears, actually, since they are the same colour as it's body. that being said, I can see it being a lamb or something. I would LLLLOOOOOOOVVVE for it to evolve into something based of a Satyr.

I think it might just be something like Clafairy. a fairy kind of creature that isn't based off an animal. Regardless, I love the way it looks, so I'm looking forward to it.

The fact that we can (not that we will) means that the game will be easier overall.
No it doesn't. Going out of your way to use them multiple times means the game will be easier. If you force yourself to only use them once, it will be no different then every other gen.

Personally, I think that you need to switch out and switch in to reset the ability, but it's all speculation. At least Skarmory has a decent ability, now. =P

then DON'T use them more than once in-game/post game/competitively...etc.

The fact that we can (not that we will) means that the game will be easier overall. I really hope the Gym Leaders and Elite Four of this region are actually challenging, so we actually have a need to reuse TMs. :/
You seem to not realize that the good TMs can only be gotten very late game, possibly after you beat the Elite Four. Earthquake? Yeah, you need to spend countless hours just to get that thing, and you could only use it ONCE until you had to grind again and again for the move.

That's just one example, but I think you get the idea. The game will not be easier overall. The game has always been easy to anyone with an idea of the mechanics of Pokemon.

Personally, I still think that they need to make a harder difficulty where trainers have tougher and smarter AI.

@T-Major: I was thinking the same about the ear things, and a satyr pokemon would rock my socks off.

Did anyone mentioned the fact that the green rock, plant monster, and Emoga sprites were fake? Ignoring the first two does my means Emoga is post-national dex?
Where did it say the Emonga sprite was fake? Serebii doesn't say it at least, just that the plant thing and Wakoishi, the thing that looked like a Gigaias prevo, are fake. And I am not wholly surprised by the latter.

Regardless, if they bothered to reveal it at the demo, even if the screenshot is fake, it is probably still pre-E4.

EDIT: Found it on Pokebeach. Either way, my second point stands.

Yeah, he looks like an anole. Looking like it does not mean he is based off of it.

He also looks like the snake I linked to. He is called the grass snake Pokemon. He is a green snake with a yellow underbelly that is non-venomous. The snake I linked to has all of those qualities.

You stated he was BASED off an anole, not that he simply looked like one. You are clearly wrong on the first point. He is not BASED off an anole at at all, he simply looks like one.

No he isn't...

"But he still looks more like an anole IMO. " Quoted directly. I said he looked like one, not that he was based off one. Yes he looks like the snake you linked it to, but I just don't see him as a snake, since it doesn't have legs, and [technically] not a tail. No need for strong language and getting mad for no reason. But whatever, I'm sorry if I was being harsh with you ^.^

Where did it say the Emonga sprite was fake? Serebii doesn't say it at least, just that the plant thing and Wakoishi, the thing that looked like a Gigaias prevo, are fake. And I am not wholly surprised by the latter.

Regardless, if they bothered to reveal it at the demo, even if the screenshot is fake, it is probably still pre-E4.
Pokebeach said:
A website viewer has sent us the material he used to create Wakoishi, that ugly plant Pokemon, and the sprite of Emonga. So, the images are confirmed fakes, which isn't too surprising since no one who saw the demos mentioned the two Pokemon.
Thought maybe he meants Emonga's pre-evo form and not Emonga himself. I got to check the fourms to see more about this.

Edit: Nevermind, but Flying squirrel being pre-national dex is okay with me.

Emonga could still be in the demo, it'd be kind of weird to be shown on a pamphlet for the bus tour but then, like, not shown anywhere in it. And there appears to be a grand variety of areas and seasons that can spawn.

If only we had someone in Japan who can go to these events and give us the scoop.

We STILL haven't heard about what legendary was in the forest at the end of the rainy route demo.

Thought maybe he meants Emonga's pre-evo form and not Emonga himself. I got to check the fourms to see more about this.

Edit: Nevermind, but Flying squirrel being pre-national dex is okay with me.
It would be okay with me too. But... now that I think about it, Gigaias isn't shown to be in the demo. This is so weird. Why would they show Pokemon in a pamphlet given out at the demo that aren't in the demo? It's probably still pre-E4 though.

@R_N: Whoa, whoa, I actually never heard that. There's a legendary Pokemon in the forest in that demo?

Emonga could still be in the demo, it'd be kind of weird to be shown on a pamphlet for the bus tour but then, like, not shown anywhere in it. And there appears to be a grand variety of areas and seasons that can spawn.
You might have a point there, though it's weird he and Gigaias hasn't shown up within the demo gameplay yet.

We STILL haven't heard about what legendary was in the forest at the end of the rainy route demo.
Wait...they're a legendary within the forest? Where did you get that bit of news?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)