Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both of those add even more weaknesses. Both Reshiram and Zekrom are weak to Dragon, Ground, and (Rock and Ice, respectively). Poison also adds psychic to the mix (along with ground), and Rock has Steel, Fighting, AND Ice.
My bad, I didn't think you meant having weaknesses to Dragon, Ground, and exactly one other type.

I still think Poison/Dragon would be pretty awesome.

Still waiting for the ghost eevee.

Now that I think about it, to make an eevee evolve to ghost, you'd have to kill it.

"You use the AK-47. Eevee is evolving!"

There are many directions they could go with this concept.

Now that I think about it, to make an eevee evolve to ghost, you'd have to kill it.

LOL... well they did say the game was going to be different then former pokemon games...

And all those directions are bad, seriously, like horrendously horribad.

My bad, I didn't think you meant having weaknesses to Dragon, Ground, and exactly one other type.

I still think Poison/Dragon would be pretty awesome.
considering the past patterns of legendaries i'd bet up to 5 dollars that the third one will be ice type.

However they aren't necessarily related, or have to follow a completely sequitir theme; see Giratina

Actually...
It would have considerably worse typing than the other two but the third Legendary could also possibly be Psychic/Dragon, or may not even be Dragon type at all. There's only been one gen where the main cover Pokemon all shared a type (the last one!) so there's sort of no telling. Rayquaza was Flying/Dragon, a dual type for Pete's sake. I'm thinking Nintendo is going to just sort of roll a dice here. :P

If Gear is going to keep Plus/Minus throught its entire evolution tree (if there is any), I hope that at least they buff these abilities. I don't know how they could do that, though - giving everything a boost just by being by their side doesn't make much sense, but restricting it to only a few (mostly) useless things isn't too appealing either. Maybe boosting the attacking stats of partner Electric Pokémon?

Having it get different abilities after it evolves (into a Steel/Ghost, hopefully) would be the best option, though.

From what ive seen pokemon with Super luck only has 1 or no evolutions think this might also exist in Mamepato, i kinda hope not though.

I'm hoping Munna evolves into a ridiculously gay Pink Elephant, and its type will be Psychic/Flying (it'll use GIANT EARS to fly, like a dream eating dumbo), it'll have stats that are something like...

100/60/100/90/120/70

But 540 BST is a liiittle much, so that's just a general idea. But it'll have fun laughing off every choice ground and choice fighting attack and putting the switch in to sleep. Give it calm mind (which I think every psychic other than wobuffet gets) and I think Munna will go from being A STUPID FUCKED UP PINK BALL to a pretty solid pokemon.

GameFREAK really seems to have outdone themselves this time. I was convinced that Black/White was going to be subpar because of the radical changes they seem to be advocating, but perhaps they'll win me over yet. A few thoughts:

I'm hoping that Magic Guard will be used again. Clefable is a boss, but there should be at least one more Pokemon that gets it. Maybe make it a Grass type or something to make it a status/anti-status platform, as Grass types usually have status moves out the ass. A Stealth Rock-weak Pokemon would make excellent use of it as well; maybe an Ice type or a Bug type? Thinking something like a cross between CAP's Syclant and Jumpluff.

Also, I'm lovin' Chiramii and Meguroko! Chiramii is just so squee-inducing, and ever since Colossoil, I've wanted a Ground/Dark typing. I hope Chimarii evolves into something like Normal/Fighting; I can just imagine an adorable little chinchilla guy with boxing gloves. =P Ghosts would rape it, but then again, many Normal and Fighting types can learn Foresight/Odor Sleuth...

If the third legendary in the trio isn't Ice/Dragon, I'm gonna be very sad. I've always thought Ice/Dragon was an excellent idea for a type (in terms of appearance, not necessarily competitive viability), though considering Zekrom and Reshiram don't exactly possess the elegance and serenity I pictured an Ice/Dragon to have, it doesn't seem like the third would be too different-looking. =(

I'm hoping Munna evolves into a ridiculously gay Pink Elephant, and its type will be Psychic/Flying (it'll use GIANT EARS to fly, like a dream eating dumbo), it'll have stats that are something like...

100/60/100/90/120/70

But 540 BST is a liiittle much, so that's just a general idea. But it'll have fun laughing off every choice ground and choice fighting attack and putting the switch in to sleep. Give it calm mind (which I think every psychic other than wobuffet gets) and I think Munna will go from being A STUPID FUCKED UP PINK BALL to a pretty solid pokemon.
Oh god..! The pink elephant on parade! The ruler of the universes nightmares!! O__O RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!

Ontopic: Ice/Dragon STAB works pretty well in ubers, but steel types will walls it and the Ice/Dragon uber have many weaknesses.

That Crocodile better have good enough stats.
I mean, with that Earthquake Spiral ability will rule
And with Magic Guard, it makes sense, seeing as other pokemon got Motor Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)