Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is it me or did it have bug-eyes in this concept piece? maybe they changed it last minute to be more appealing. Bug-eyes would have tied in better with the mantis theme.

The toys were never confirmed as real. Ignoring that fact, toys have a reputation of not being the best representation of the original. The coloring on the poster is most likely the correct color (considering it is the official Sugimori art of the Pokémon).
Brown could be its shiny form,or they were just beta models,but they made it tie it more to its final evolution.

Well neither is the thing its expected to evole into,the psuedo is a dragon. I mean look a Aron to Aggron,complete change.
... What? That made no sense...

Neither of these guys have a "mantis theme". I really wish Serebii would have edited his news post after getting a clearer picture, the damn thing doesn't even resemble a mantis. The eyes on pre-production sketches are just horribly distorted. It was in the sketch because its design was finished. All of them are final designs. They wouldn't be getting sketches done of them if they weren't.

After seeing that Sugimori art of the back-horned thing, I believe it evolves into Ononokusu for sure. The things on the sides of it's face (The doll looked like it had a huge sloppy tongue / weird scarf) look like small uhhh "horns" which will develop into those big ol' axes on Ononokusu's face.

Also, moderately off topic... I had a dream there was a Dragon/Fighting type that looked like Gaogamon except standing up on it's hind legs, had a champs belt instead of the scarf, and well Pokemon-ized. :( I hate when really cool dreams seem really real. lol.

Is it me or did it have bug-eyes in this concept piece? maybe they changed it last minute to be more appealing. Bug-eyes would have tied in better with the mantis theme.
It's probably because of the quality of the picture. And I really don't know where you people are getting this mantis thing from..

Also, moderately off topic... I had a dream there was a Dragon/Fighting type that looked like Gaogamon except standing up on it's hind legs, had a champs belt instead of the scarf, and well Pokemon-ized. :( I hate when really cool dreams seem really real. lol.
Why do people use "it looks like a Digimon" as an insult to new designs? That thing looks pretty god damn cool.

idk I'm sure i heard someone call Ononokusu a mantis Pokemon
It has no classification yet if that's what you mean. We've only seen it in a battle video.

I really hope Tsutarja DOES become Grass/Electric. Out of the woodworks, all of a sudden people are saying "NO NO SECONDARY TYPE CAN'T BE A SPECIAL ONE, LOL IT'S TOO ELEMENTAL". It's true no starter Pokemon has had a secondary special type, but nearly the other half of them don't have a secondary type at all. And most of them with the exception of Empoleon make sense with their typings that aren't special.

Not allowing a special type as a secondary typing is such a retarded and unecessary limit to put on your designs.

Not sure if it was posted, but here more stuff from pokejungle:
This is rumor territory and should NOT under ANY circumstances be counted as fact until it is PROVEN. Please enjoy it for what it is. Below are some more tidbits that the “NOA contact” has sent me, but remember that NOTHING has been proven about what he has said thus far. Here goes:

• Mijumaru has a fairly stoic disposition, it’s not frowning because it’s sad.
  • Munna is NOT related to drowzee and has a powerful evolution ala Magikarp/Feebas
  • Giaru (Gear) has a “special relationship” to another pokemon that could be controversial. Not sure exactly what this means, but we have had Shellder/Slowbro… Remoraid/Mantine sort of stuff.
  • Chiramii, Hihidaruma, and Shimama do NOT evolve
  • Mamepato’s “Pidgeon Breast” ability is rather reflective of it’s “defensive” nature and goes along somewhat with its evolutions which are replace normal with another type. It has 2 more evolutions like most starting bird pokemon.
  • Meguroko’s name is actually derived from the “me” (eye in Japanese) and it becomes apparent in its evolution which features a very Egyptian-ish design for the eye.
  • Moguryu has two evolutions, so there is one in the middle before it evolves into Doryuuzu (the drill mole pokemon we saw earlier)
  • Dunchura (the tarantula) is a second stage evolution
  • Serufiru does NOT evolve… directly. It could be a form changing pokemon ala Rotom
  • Gizajemu is not related to Nosepass and he Sugimori art actually has yellow gems instead of Red, so there could be a color-changing aspect in its lore, if not in the game itself
  • Goshikkuro is an evolved pokemon with opposite typing
  • Koromori because less like the “new zubat” people have been describing it as when it evolves (I think this was just the catchall term people have been using because it’s the new bat-like pokemon, possibly something you’ll encounter early on. So this could mean that it is stronger than Zubat line or less bat-like)
Alright! That is it for that! Buuuuut a Japanese blog has also written up an interesting new rumor!

• The video chat for up to 4 players using DSi or DSi XL systems (which was mentioned in a rumor previously) will be called Live Caster (or Live Cast) and will be accessible mid-way through the adventure from the C-Gear.
Interesting...

And the ...Axe-dragon-thing is NOT a damn mantis. srsly, how can anyone see a mantis from that?

Not sure if it was posted, but here more stuff from pokejungle:

Interesting...

And the ...Axe-dragon-thing is NOT a damn mantis. srsly, how can anyone see a mantis from that?
I guess it would be hard to trump Staraptor offensively, but I'm a little disappointed that Mamepato might be defensive. Defensive Pokemon are not nearly as useful in-game. I hope its secondary typing at least neutralizes Stealth Rock as a defensive Pokemon to at least be somewhat useful at the competitive level.

I was sort of hoping Pigeon Heart wouldn't just stop defense drops though, that's awful situational.

Also, Shimama doesn't evolve? LOL, seriously? And it couldn't even do half to Mijumaru with what's likely a high-power move based on the fact that it has recoil?

I wish he would get this so-called NoA representative to at least give HIM some kind of proof he was telling the truth.

I'm really disappointed that Shimama and Chiramii do not get an evolution.. and I'm also disappointed that people thought that Gizajemu was somehow related to Nosepass.. Seriously, guys? But the slime thing getting forms seems like an awesome idea. I wonder what it will change into?

"Chiramii, Hihidaruma, and Shimama do NOT evolve"

that sucks big time.

I bet Gear is related to the big mechanical Pokemon in some way.

People are desperate to make connections to Pokemon we already know. It's why people think the Tinytuskmon was related to Kangaskan, why people think Dentula was related Ariados, why Gothlolimon was related to Medicham or Jynx...

Also, yeah, all of those not evolving kinda blows.

Much of this PokeJungle stuff sounds like a way to compete for traffic with bigger sites like Serebii or Pokebeach.. I find much of this stuff hard to believe when PJ is the only one reporting on it.

Of course, some of the stuff sounds pretty cool, but still I remain skeptic.

He's the only one reporting on it because he's supposedly met an NoA source over GameFAQs (LOL).

I bet all this new information sucks because he heard everyone didn't believe him because all the other rumors were awesome and too catered toward what we want and guessed, LOL.

Gothickuro is obviously Dark/Psychic based on that.

Also, the "me" in Meguroko's name coming from eye seems hard to believe. It's design has nothing to do with eyes, regardless of whether or not its evolution does.

Cellphyll getting different forms seems somehow plausible for some kind of cell, though.

Those rumors actually seem rather plausible. I almost expect all of them to be true, but the video chat is another interesting piece of news. I like the step up from voice chat to video chat though!

Why do people use "it looks like a Digimon" as an insult to new designs? That thing looks pretty god damn cool.
Whaaa. I love the designs of both Pokemon and Digimon (Gaomon line is one of my favorites) but there is a design difference between the two. I was merely saying in my dream the Gaogamon-styled Pokemon looked more like something Ken Sugimori would draw so it had less Digimon elements but it was basically the exact same thing. Dragon/Fighting boxer wolf with super high speed FTW though yeah?

Those rumors from PokeJungle sound interesting, I wonder what is so controversial about Gear's relationship with another Pokemon? Apparently it's like Shellder/Slowpoke and Mantyke[tine]/Remoraid so... Hm.

Whaaa. I love the designs of both Pokemon and Digimon (Gaomon line is one of my favorites) but there is a design difference between the two. I was merely saying in my dream the Gaogamon-styled Pokemon looked more like something Ken Sugimori would draw so it had less Digimon elements but it was basically the exact same thing. Dragon/Fighting boxer wolf with super high speed FTW though yeah?

Those rumors from PokeJungle sound interesting, I wonder what is so controversial about Gear's relationship with another Pokemon? Apparently it's like Shellder/Slowpoke and Mantyke[tine]/Remoraid so... Hm.
I know you weren't trying to compare the two, it's just a thought of mine I mentioned since you showed that picture, since it's pretty cool looking. If what I meant was that I thought you were comparing the two in a way that implied Digimon designs were horrible, you could have said I clearly didn't read the post... :P

The combination of concepts doesn't make much sense to me though...

Also, yeah, I feel it's almost obvious that if Gearu is related like Slowbro and Shelder and Mantine and Remoraid to a Pokemon based on the rumors, its almost definitely Toraroiya, the "mechanical Pokemon with a large body".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)