Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Megator, with an ability that boosts attack after a kill?

Well, it's not too bad, admittedly, but Colossoil is just better looking in all aspects. That thing looks like that fucking sandworm boss from Shadow of the Colossus.

But Game Freak love trolling us. ANOTHER fire monkey? Seriously, Latias enters OU for some time and this is what happens to Infernape?

Gear is the same thing as Bronzor. >__>
Nah, Bronzor was more Psychic focused. Gear will likely be more mechanical and more of a Traditional Steel type than Bronzor was.

Not to mention they're based on completely different things and have different abilities.

I reckon the Zebra's probably gonna be fast enough not to need the Motor Drive boost.
Fire Ape looks like it'll be a standalone OU, possibly with Mamo-like stats (and maybe a fire priority move). Croc's probably NFE, and its evolution's gonna be badass enough to take over from Hippo.

Kind of utterly random guesswork considering we don't know jack about them or the 5th gen's metagame, but if SR is still present and the meta is similar to the 4th a pure fire type won't make it.

haha! hihidaruma is a baboon of some sort(hihi means baboon in japanese). And it's face actually looks like a daruma doll.

shimama is close to the japanese translation for zebra.

meguroko is close to crocodile in japanese, only the character "me" is infront of it.

Wooot more desert pokes! Croc definitely is a first stage, my desert themed team is going to love this. I wonder how online will work, will players have to walk right next to eachother? Will all battles be double battles? Will players be limited to 3 poke teams? Will gym leaders have alternate teams for online, and will getting badges online count towards your offline save? Oh and random battles will be awesome, lets just hope there's a ban list, maybe like the battle tower one. Banning Celebi and Jirachi while allowing Garchomp and the latis seems a little wrong but it'll be better than Zekrom fest 2011.

EDIT: Hmmmm... The playing online with others part just disappeared from serebii... maybe it was just a mistranslation, awwww.

I have a theory about Gear with it's abilities Plus and Minus. To make them slightly less useless, though I can see the doubles battle theme still being present.

What if, the Plus Gear evolved into something different from the Minus Gear? That way they might actually be able to work as a team. They gain a new secondary type, different stat distribution from each other and learn different moves. It's completely a gimmick, but it could be pretty cool.

I hope Gear gets 2 evolutions all of which are pure Steel or end up with the final one as Dark/Steel.

What if, the Plus Gear evolved into something different from the Minus Gear? That way they might actually be able to work as a team. They gain a new secondary type, different stat distribution from each other and learn different moves. It's completely a gimmick, but it could be pretty cool.
I like this! maybe even a third possibility if theres a Plus and Minus Gear in your team.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I hope it's not a Drowzee's sort of an evil psychic
You meant badass ~__~

I can't really read the sentence on what it says about encourage, sorry guys.
I'm trying to romanize it but sheesh, those scans are pretty difficult. What can be easily seen is

"Encourage" wa [k][k][k][k] ga [k][k]shinai [k]warini, [k][k] ga [k]garu.

...Well, at least the shinai part means it "doesn't do" something. Doesn't flinch, doesn't recoil, doesn't take SE damage of Water, doesn't kill anything...

Gamefreak is really running out of creative ideas. I hope the evolutions of these Pokemon will be something unique.
Yeah, gee, it's like the 3rd ground/dark sand crocodile... and the bloody Tapink, we had like a billion of these levitating muffins.

Also PSHT, Electric Zebra, it's like every gen has one at this point.

How so? everything we've had is new, except for Munna and the Chinchilla and Pigeon, but those last two are obvious
We've never even had a chinchilla...rodents yes.
I tell you, some people have CANNED responses to all news.
They should just put it in their signatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)