Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
That's really what it looks like to me though--the center thing is the eye. As for the flaps, those look a whole lot more like vestigial arms to me. I suppose we'll see, though.

Edit: After looking at it a bit more, I can see the flaps as being eyes (I have to go a bit cross-eyed to do it, though). The placement (related to the eye/nose thing) and shape of the flaps still makes me think their vestigial arms, though, but again, I suppose we'll see.
No matter how hard I look at it, I just can't see that black center circle as Koromori's eye. It would never even occured to me that it could have only one eye if I hadn't read so here - that's just not like a Pokemon (Duskull family being the only exception). Still looks like a big round nose to me - it's position in the exact center of the body, with those little flaps that seem to be eyes, are pretty persuasive.

EDIT: I can see the similarity to an indian headress too. I'd like the Eagle to be a bulky tank. It's signature move is guaranteed to buy you a free turn (as you "grab" the opponent and drag them into the sky) so it'd be great for lefties stalling - and hopefully a useful Physical Flying move!

no idea but i am also waiting for those translations, the games will soon be out in japan so lets hope we can get enough info survive until there.

No but then how did you guys managed to translate the rest of that mess. BTW who scan and leak CoroCoro pages anyway? I mean is it one of people who work with CoroCoro or one of the store owner?
ahaha im not regular translator, i just happen to speak japanese so i dont know where the normal translators get stuff (2ch maybe?) and as i understand it typically leaks come from store owners putting stuff on sale/display early

My Gut tells me that the only effects negated by Encourage/Invigorate are the ones the user would inflict on the target.
I'm just hoping the boost is at least 1.3x but 1.5x would be my preference.
If they can allow Adaptability Porygon-z Tri-Attacks coming off base 135 SpA they can make Encourage give a nice boost.

For people still on the fence about Koromori's eye(s).

Piloswine, anyone?
Thing about Piloswine is, it has a very distinct pig-like nose, and it's eyes are very clearly above the level of its nose. With Koromori though, the nose-shape is hardly as distinct as it is in Piloswine, and the flaps, though the same shape as the fur covering Piloswine's eyes, are parallel to the center-thing, instead of being raised a bit above it. If they were actually eyes, I really don't know why they wouldn't be raised above the nose, being more parallel to the wings, especially since there's space for them there.

But, we'll hopefully know soon enough, and it won't really bother me either way, so whatever.

I can definitely see the headdress on Wargle now, which is kind of interesting. Unfortunately it's probably going to play out to be another lame Normal/Flying :(

I thought Koromori had only one eye, making it a Cyclops of some sort :/ Plus it only has one tooth so it sort of fits...

Not for the life of me can I see the nose as an eye.
IMO, bats often have big funny noses and if they operate in the dark most of the time (by echolocation) eyes might not be terribly important.
Which would explain why Koromori's are covered with hair.

Thing about Piloswine is, it has a very distinct pig-like nose, and it's eyes are very clearly above the level of its nose. With Koromori though, the nose-shape is hardly as distinct as it is in Piloswine, and the flaps, though the same shape as the fur covering Piloswine's eyes, are parallel to the center-thing, instead of being raised a bit above it. If they were actually eyes, I really don't know why they wouldn't be raised above the nose, being more parallel to the wings, especially since there's space for them there.

But, we'll hopefully know soon enough, and it won't really bother me either way, so whatever.
Well then regarding eye placement relative to the nose, what about Mijumaru?

In all honesty, one of the main reasons I never liked him was because of the odd placement of his nose directly between his eyes (and his ears, for that matter, seem too low on the head).

(I hope I don't sound annoying or argumentative here, just trying to defend my position on Koromori's two eyes and big nose.)

Not for the life of me can I see the nose as an eye.
IMO, bats often have big funny noses and if they operate in the dark most of the time (by echolocation) eyes might not be terribly important.
Which would explain why Koromori's are covered with hair.
Yeah this makes sense. I just hat the fact that I know I'm going to hate him because hes the next Zubat.

In the Cherokee culture:

- Blue represents the North; cold, defeat and trouble.
- White represents the South; warmth, peace, and happiness.
- Red represents the East; the color of Sacred Fire, blood and success.
- Black represents the West; problems and death.
- Yellow represents trouble and strife.

Its head is a lot like a Native American headdress, too. It could also be another symbol of nature vs. industry, since the Native Americans would seem to represent nature while the USA flag represents industry (in this analogy).
It'd be pretty cool if it learned different moves in different areas since it'd be in touch with Mother Earth. For example:
Ice Mountains- Avalanche
City- Iron Head
Desert- Flare Blitz
Over the Water- Waterfall (?)
Forest- Seed Bomb

I'd love it if they expanded on stuff like Area Evolution into attacks learned.

Since mo one else mentioned it, the thing looks like a heart to me, but I can see the eye/nose, etc. (No really, I have read this thing, and I did not see anyone mention it, not that they did not.)

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Sabonea_Masukippa on Serebiiforums said:
Wooguru (A new pokemon. cool) Araragi's friend Makoro Munna's evo
Posted on 2ch, like, 3 minutes before the scans started leaking.

Sabonea_Masukippa on Serebiiforums said:
Musharna Belle, the lady in the Cheren screenshot between Cheren and the player. The Ishuu dex could exceed 200. After obtaining the national dex there are many evos/preevos of past pokemon, even more than Sinnoh
Posted after Musharna's scan was leaked but before the dump of 5 or 6 pages.

I'm 300% more interested in B/W now.

Wow, that'd be interesting. That'd be a lot more than 200 new Pokemon, which means the metagame would completely change and just about everyone would have a ton of favorites.

It'd be pretty cool if it learned different moves in different areas since it'd be in touch with Mother Earth. For example:
Ice Mountains- Avalanche
City- Iron Head
Desert- Flare Blitz
Over the Water- Waterfall (?)
Forest- Seed Bomb

I'd love it if they expanded on stuff like Area Evolution into attacks learned.
Lol, best Flying-type ever right there.

blablabla The Ishuu dex could exceed 200. After obtaining the national dex there are many evos/preevos of past pokemon, even more than Sinnoh
Does this have a good chance of being real? After the Pokejungle stuff, I'm a little skeptic. Yet, if it DOES end up being true, that means we haven't seen anything yet...

EDIT: R N, you're probably correct, I was getting excited too...

I doubt "Isshu dex being 200 strong" means that there will be 200 all new Pokemon in it+whatever's after the National Dex
Hoenn's had 202, but "only" 135.

I don't get why everyone is excited about free-fall, as far as I can see it's just another Fly(with different power/perhaps type), or am I missing something?

I don't get why everyone is excited about free-fall, as far as I can see it's just another Fly(with different power/perhaps type), or am I missing something?
It takes the opponent out of play for a turn before being damaged the second turn.

Well, according to the description, it "grabs the opponent and picks it up into the air" on Turn 1, so it's quite possible that the target won't be able to attack on that turn due to that. Of course, that's just speculation, but it makes sense and if so, it does have the potential of being a good move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)