Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokebeach has some p. cool new scans up showing some 3 vs 3 mechanics and elaborating on how the video chat will work. Im definatley more interested in triple battling now that we have been told its going to deviate from normal battling where you can choose who to aim for!

Also A.K Swashbuckler, can you stop putting others down, insulting other opinions and not contributing anything worthwhile to the thread, its getting seriously annoying.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Embargo wears off when the opponent switches out, Magic Room will be a field effect with not-known-yet duration.

It pretty much is what Embargo had always dreamed of being.

Magic room cancels your held items. Embargo stops items you use on your pokemon like healing in-game.

EDIT: Apparently not =/

Magic room cancels your held items. Embargo stops items you use on your pokemon like healing in-game.

EDIT: Apparently not =/
Hmm...Pokejungle has translations and says that Magic Room is an ability rather than a move.
Could it be that others have mistranslated Rankurusu's ability as Magic Guard when it is realy Magic Room?
Or does it have both?

There is also:

Badgers, Wolverine, Armadillos, Porcupines, Polar bear, Grizzly bear, Black bear, Opossum, Dolphins, Killer whales.

all great north American animals to inspire pokemon.

I've got to get myself a job with GF so I can suggest the name Derpbat for English games.

Oh, and I'll probably come all over my computer screen if Munna's third stage is based on Ganesha. That would be badass. And he is the deva of wisdom, which could kind of be connected to dreams. Like instead of dream smoke he snorts lines of knowledge in your sleep.

There is also:

Badgers, Wolverine, Armadillos, Porcupines, Polar bear, Grizzly bear, Black bear, Opossum, Dolphins, Killer whales.

all great north American animals to inspire pokemon.
Don't forget racoons, rattlesnakes, bats (done), chipmunks (done), turkeys, woodpecker, prarie dogs, mountain lions, lynxes, and caribou.

What? None of those are exclusive to North America...

And Kyogre is obviously a Killer Whale.
Never once did I say anything about any of them being exclusive to North America.

But many of them of the species are named after the country or continent such as the "American badger".

also I see Kyogre as well more of a blue whale.

Never once did I say anything about any of them being exclusive to North America.

But many of them of the species are named after the country or continent such as the "American badger".

also I see Kyogre as well more of a blue whale.
But Kyogre has teeth and not baleen.

But Kyogre has teeth and not baleen.
Kind of a nitpick. I mean that's like saying Feraligatr's snout's too narrow, so it must be a crocodile, not an alligator. GF doesn't give a great deal of attention to detail in anatomy. They just use existing animals as ideas. I think we can assume Kyogre is a whale-based pokemon, but to argue over what kind of whale is pointless because it's not a certain kind of whale. It's a pokemon.

Ontopic: Is there a reason no one at the demo took pictures of the new pokemon that were revealed? I thought the starter's evolutions were included.

I think we all can agree that a polar bear with a great attack stat and an ability that takes advantage of hail would be a cool new toy to play around with.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Hmm...Pokejungle has translations and says that Magic Room is an ability rather than a move.
Could it be that others have mistranslated Rankurusu's ability as Magic Guard when it is realy Magic Room?
Or does it have both?
Mother of God, I haven't noticed that. The battle screenshot says about "Gochiruzeru's Magic Room", only the verb isn't quite legible. It *could* be "tsukata" ("used", meaning Magic Room is a move), but I cannot affirm that, specially because the last syllable doesn't look like "ta" that much.

Now... It also says "Aite no Gochiruzeru". "Aite" means "opponent", so gothmon is actually called Gochiruzeru.

And Magic Guard is マジックガード. I guess people could have mistook マジックルーム with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)