Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl - Release 19th Nov 2021

Yeah I definitely think (hope) that Darkrai and Shaymin will be included through ingame events which will either be similar to Deoxys (postgame) or just something like a perma wifi mystery gift for the games, making them much easier to obtain than previously. And I will definitely be pre-ordering for the Manaphy bonus. As I’ve said before, I much prefer this method of obtaining Mythicals (in-game events) rather than direct event distributions. Quite excited for these remakes, though as I’ve recently been replaying BotW, I’m even more excited for Legends.
Although it's on the pre-order page, i don't think it's an actual pre-order bonus. Same with the Quick Balls & Pokeballs.

The Manaphy will be a mystery gift for everyone who buys the game and connects to it by February 21.
The Quick Ball is a code you can receive, then redeem, for purchasing the game through the e-shop at any time up through February 21
The Pokeballs are 2 codes you recieve for purchasing the double pack, with no expiration date (since it's part of the pack themselves)

Kind of wonder if the vague wording and placement on the pages is meant to entice people to preorder on the assumption they wouldn't get them otherwise.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Jeez, 5+ pages in a few days. Well, better start with my thoughts on the Direct.

I'm actually going to skip the trailer and focus on the info dump segment first, but then go back to the trailer incase there's anything I noticed that they didn't mention. I'll also be splicing in information from the main website:

• 0:00: I guess I should start with the obvious thought: THANK ARCEUS IT SHOWED NEW STUFF! Now we can finally put the worry it's a 1:1 remake behind us... mostly.
  • 10:29: AND we follow that with the first disappointment: No character redesigns confirmed (can't even say it's nice to see them done in 3D models because Masters beat them to it!). Protags look the same, Rivals look the same, Gym Leaders look the same, Champion looks the same, and villain team boss looks the same. A small part of the fun of the remakes was seeing how they reimagined the protags and notable NPCs, they've done it with all the other remakes so why stop now? Well, I say there's no redesigns... *looks over to Legends: Arceus*. But still, those are ancestors of characters we know, why not also have the characters we know have modern redesigns in the remakes. I just don't get the art direction for this game, is it really because a 3rd party is developing it?
  • 10:44: Wait, are they finally going to do something with the shrine in Celestic Town?
  • 10:52: Hm, something about Professor Rowan doesn't look quite right as a chibi.
  • 10:59: Well I'll give them this, the overworld models are at least expressive in cutscenes.
  • 11:48 (Grand Underground): The Underground was one of the locations I was most interested in knowing if they were going to expand upon it, and boy did they! Well, at least one part of it. It looks like the original features (and even sprites) are still there, at least for the digging. When they showed the Secret Base part they only showed Pokemon statues and not any of the other neat things you were able to setup in there. Like, wishing they brought over everything they did for ORAS's Super Secret Bases I know is a false wish, but I hope them showing off the staties doesn't mean that's the only thing you can set up in the Secret Base. The main website doesn't ease this worry, if anything enforces it! Anyway, one thing noted about the Secret Bases is that the orb in it kept changing color, and I may have an idea what it means. Going back to the statues, placing them in your Secret Base plays a pivotal role in the new Grand Underground mechanic: Secret Hideaways! There's actually Pokemon to catch in the Underground (and they're visible on the field instead of random encounters) with some being exclusive to the Hideaways... which I'm guessing is going to be the Pokemon who were not originally part of the DP dex (including the Platinum additions?). Anyway, the main site has a map which shows the layout of the Grand Underground and it looks like there's 6 self-contained areas with their own environment. HOWEVER, if you watch the video, you see the player entering an icy Hideout even though they don't look to be in the upper area. I think the color of the orb in your Secret Base, affected by what Pokemon statues you have, may determine what environment the Hideaways are: blue is water grotto, green is meadow, red is volcanic, gray/white is icy, etc.. Which means Sinnoh may have more Fire-types available and have Ice-types available early on (among other uncommon Types)!
  • 12:27 (Capsule Decoration & Stickers): Good to see Seals are back, though now they're being called Stickers? Alright *shrugs*. The site goes into more important detail. In the original games you can only place 8 seals and they activated in order of placement. In BDSP, you can now have 20 Stickers! How it works that after placing them in the Poke Ball Capsule (which can either be done on a 2D grid or a 3D ball model you rotate, nice options to have), looks like when a Pokemon is sent out all the stickers activate and where the sticker is placed on the Capsule has it show up on the modified send out animation. Interesting idea, if its as dynamic as I'm thinking it could be than I can see players spending a lot of time to get their Pokemon's send out looking spectacular.
  • 12:50 (Clothing Sets & Player Appearance): Oh, wow, something BDSP is doing better than ORAS: Player Customization! Well, sort of. It's more in-line with Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee's customization where you have entire clothing sets instead of letting you mix & match. But hey, it's more than what ORAS offered to May and Brendan! Also the main site reveals when you start the game you can choose those default 4 skin and hair color (hopefully there's a place where you can change their hair color, though hairstyles look tied to the clothing sets)!
  • 13:03 (Super Contest Show): Looks like they didn't even bother to try and bring the accessories over *sigh*. This does not bode well for Gen V's Musicals. The main site shows that Contests are still done in 3 parts, the Visual Evaluation which used to be where dressing up your Pokemon got it points is now just a straight-up contest condition check. BOO! Dance Evaluation got redone into a more active rhythm game than it was before, at least what I recall of it. And Move Evaluation is your good ol' Pokemon Contest fair. I'm not really a Contest guy but, like I did in ORAS, and if I decide to get these games, I'll give it a try.
  • 13:18 (Union Room): Now, Platinum did have the Union Rooms too so that's not a deconfirmation of the Wi-Fi Plaza... Though if there was anytime to mention it might have been now...
  • 13:36 (Walking Pokemon): Oh, they're allowing any Pokemon to walk with you and outside of Amity Square (but what are they going to do with Amity Square then?). But, uh, there's that darn art direction causing problems again. So, the trainers are chibi but not the Pokemon? So you have a "realistic" proportioned Lucario running behind a chibi human character... and we're expected to just overlook that? And, I'm not saying they should have chibi-fied the Pokemon too, what I'm saying is that THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE THIS CHIBI ART STYLE IN THE FIRST PLACE!
  • 13:41: WHOA WHOA! Planted Berries! Did we know they were bringing that back? I smell the return of the Berry Patch Poketch App!
  • 13:42: Hey it's the Hearthome Church Foreign Building! We going to do anything with that this time around (if not, did you at least keep it quiet inside and the Badges playing the solfeggio so players can compose their own music?).
  • 13:43: Say, isn't that lady with the baby the one who notes the stroller is getting heavier and wonders how soon will it be before her baby reaches the age where it'll go on their Pokemon journey and what their Pokemon partner will be?

• (Now I'll be jumping back to the original trailer... actually there's not really much else to comment on, just a few quick remarks...)
  • 6:50: You just had to keep the marsh's and snow's travel impediment...
  • 8:28: Whoa, what's this theme? Doesn't sound like a remix of the Galactic Encounter or Vs theme.
  • 8:47: Guessing this is the setting for the final battle with Cyrus as he's ripping spacetime apart, very appropriate.

• (Also a small tidbit at the end of the Direct)
  • 26:52 (No Ranked Battles... Hint Of A Limited Dex?): They tried to sneak this in the end. While Legends: Arceus not having Ranked Battles make sense, BDSP not having Ranked Battles is a pretty notable thing, right? It's all but saying the BDSP is not going to be treated as a competitive focused game, and it may not even be used to hold official tournament competitions. If I had to guess, maybe it has to do with the Pokedex, SDBP isn't going to have all the Pokemon and may infact also be made with a Limited Dex, which if so is also a huge thing that they should be mentioning upfront.

That's all I got to say for today. Glad I got both this and Legends: Arceus trailer overlook done... now I just have the maps to compare & contrast, pages of comments to response to, and now there's a JAPE for the new Pokemon. Guess I got my work cut out for me this weekend, and it ain't even Friday. Seeya tomorrow!...

"So, are you excited for Brilliant Diamond & Shinning Pearl Now?"

Oh, right, probably should answer that. Now, as I said, this is a BIG improvement from what we were originally shown. It's not a 1:1 remake (thank Arceus) and has some pretty cool features, many which are expansion of older mechanics which I like to see. HOWEVER, I'm still not sure if this is enough to sell me on the games. There being no new character designs is a big negative to me, and even if the models are more animated the chibi-style is telling me there's gonna be nothing that new visually to see if you've already played DP before. I'm still waiting to be proven wrong on that point and would be glad to be. Don't worry, I'm over with thinking that BDSP shouldn't exist, seeing the price tag on the original Gen IV games convinced me of that (though there is always simulators *coughcough* who said that, surely I didn't...). But maybe that's just it, GF sees me as part of the old guard and my Sinnoh experience was with the Gen IV games; BDSP is meant to get the younger audience up to speed so that they can put all our focus to Legends: Arceus. It's still a sad fate for the Gen IV remakes, overshadowed by a re-imagination. But at least they're getting some cool stuff... and there's always time for Platinum content to be revealed also been done... and them to surprise us with some new forms for the mascot Legendary trio.

https://www.pidgi.net/wiki/images/2/2a/Sinnoh_-_Pokemon_Brilliant_Diamond_and_Shining_Pearl.png
This is a much higher resolution version of the BDSP Sinnoh map if you want to compare details better. At a glance it looks like towns are using their original DP designs based on roads and the Eterna Galactic building design, though the Oreburgh conveyor belts lack Platinum's coal and we've seen that ingame, though the actual conveyor belts look the same anyway. The trailer shows the DP style roads in Eterna City with the Cynthia shot though, so I think for the most part they'll mostly stick to DP visuals. Also the GTS is the DP version too. Some buildings in this look pretty sharp and I wouldn't be surprised if they were 3D models.
1629439747265.png
1629439621039.png
1629439958489.png

The Grand Underground also has a high res version. It wasn't pointed out before, but Farfetch'd is here.
https://www.pidgi.net/wiki/images/a...kemon_Brilliant_Diamond_and_Shining_Pearl.png

EDIT:
1629474854395.png

Also the trailer already showed the DP building design anyway.

Last edited:

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
An early-game or at least mid-game Swinub will be very nice for those who wishes to have an Ice-type without having to be at late-game!
You called?

I've said it before, but it bears repeating. Swinub seems like a really good fit for an early-game Pokémon. Its BST (250) is actually below that of Pidgey (251) and Rattata (253). It has a suitable level-up movepool consisting primarily of Normal and Ice moves whose BP range from 20 to 40. It's tiny and cute. It seems really fit for a Route 1 encounter.

The one thing speaking against it is that it evolves at level 33. You can potentially have a fully evolved starter before your Route 1 buddy gets better stats than the likes of Skitty and Hoothoot, and learns moves with a higher base power than 40. It's not quite as bad a case as Noibat, but Swinub is quite a drag if you catch it early, since it is designed with a late-game encounter in mind. It's tolerable if you get it three levels before evolution, but using it on for thirty levels is quite rough. If it will indeed be available early in BDSP, I hope they at least give it some moves to help it thrive.

https://www.pidgi.net/wiki/images/2/2a/Sinnoh_-_Pokemon_Brilliant_Diamond_and_Shining_Pearl.png
This is a much higher resolution version of the BDSP Sinnoh map if you want to compare details better.
One thing I noticed is that Fuego Ironworks doesn't appear to be quite as hidden as it used to. It seems like you can walk right off Route 205 to find it, instead of having to surf up the river. I also don't see the northern entrance to Floaroma Meadow, so it comes across as a less obscure place. Perhaps it will have more significance to the story now? I really liked the original Fuego Ironworks being such an off-the-path location you really had to look around to find, but I guess the designers aren't interested in making locations players won't find by themselves anymore. Oh well, at least it's still in the game!

Also the Poketch not being shown isn't necessarily an indicator that it won't exist at all especially when the clowns who you need to talk to are still there and it's such an integral thing in Sinnoh.
Is it really?

It's a nice little gimmick, but I sure wouldn't call it such a vital feature...

Wait, hold up. That's easy to know rn. We've seen the full models in-game. If the Pokétch doesn't show up on the protags in the customization screen like the Dynamax Band on SwSh, it's gone.

One thing I'm only really beginning to grasp now is how the original Underground is pretty boring.
Besides the mining mini-game, it really wasn't all that, especially when you didn't have people to play with you.

The mini-game was crack tho. So much useful stuff...
This might've been mentioned before, but despite the terminals to enter still existing what was once Amity Square has been totally forested over. Of course with following Pokemon fully implemented that location's purpose has been nullified and voided, so what do you reckon has replaced it?
That is a good question. What could possibly make them go out of their way to actively hide it when nothing else was hidden?

Either Amity Square straight up got nuked, or they're cooking up something and want to keep it hidden/it's not ready yet.

Interesting...

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
One thing I noticed is that Fuego Ironworks doesn't appear to be quite as hidden as it used to. It seems like you can walk right off Route 205 to find it, instead of having to surf up the river. I also don't see the northern entrance to Floaroma Meadow, so it comes across as a less obscure place. Perhaps it will have more significance to the story now? I really liked the original Fuego Ironworks being such an off-the-path location you really had to look around to find, but I guess the designers aren't interested in making locations players won't find by themselves anymore. Oh well, at least it's still in the game!
If Fuego really is that easily accessible in BDSP, this raises serious questions about it in regards to the level curve. It was a decent training spot right after you get Surf and there were a few Trainers in DPP in the low-mid 30s and wild mons in the high 20s back then, but if it's available earlier then this will mean they will have to dial that back.

Also if it's shown earlier then does this mean Fuego Ironworks will have more significance outside of just being a random place where you get a good TM? Maybe it will have story significance or Team Galactic might do something with it like they did in the DP anime? I cannot say for certain that Fuego isn't locked behind Surf now, but if it isn't, that raises some big questions about its function in BDSP.

Jeez, 5+ pages in a few days. Well, better start with my thoughts on the Direct.

I'm actually going to skip the trailer and focus on the info dump segment first, but then go back to the trailer incase there's anything I noticed that they didn't mention. I'll also be splicing in information from the main website:

• 0:00: I guess I should start with the obvious thought: THANK ARCEUS IT SHOWED NEW STUFF! Now we can finally put the worry it's a 1:1 remake behind us... mostly.
  • 10:29: AND we follow that with the first disappointment: No character redesigns confirmed (can't even say it's nice to see them done in 3D models because Masters beat them to it!). Protags look the same, Rivals look the same, Gym Leaders look the same, Champion looks the same, and villain team boss looks the same. A small part of the fun of the remakes was seeing how they reimagined the protags and notable NPCs, they've done it with all the other remakes so why stop now? Well, I say there's no redesigns... *looks over to Legends: Arceus*. But still, those are ancestors of characters we know, why not also have the characters we know have modern redesigns in the remakes. I just don't get the art direction for this game, is it really because a 3rd party is developing it?
  • 10:44: Wait, are they finally going to do something with the shrine in Celestic Town?
  • 10:52: Hm, something about Professor Rowan doesn't look quite right as a chibi.
  • 10:59: Well I'll give them this, the overworld models are at least expressive in cutscenes.
  • 11:48 (Grand Underground): The Underground was one of the locations I was most interested in knowing if they were going to expand upon it, and boy did they! Well, at least one part of it. It looks like the original features (and even sprites) are still there, at least for the digging. When they showed the Secret Base part they only showed Pokemon statues and not any of the other neat things you were able to setup in there. Like, wishing they brought over everything they did for ORAS's Super Secret Bases I know is a false wish, but I hope them showing off the staties doesn't mean that's the only thing you can set up in the Secret Base. The main website doesn't ease this worry, if anything enforces it! Anyway, one thing noted about the Secret Bases is that the orb in it kept changing color, and I may have an idea what it means. Going back to the statues, placing them in your Secret Base plays a pivotal role in the new Grand Underground mechanic: Secret Hideaways! There's actually Pokemon to catch in the Underground (and they're visible on the field instead of random encounters) with some being exclusive to the Hideaways... which I'm guessing is going to be the Pokemon who were not originally part of the DP dex (including the Platinum additions?). Anyway, the main site has a map which shows the layout of the Grand Underground and it looks like there's 6 self-contained areas with their own environment. HOWEVER, if you watch the video, you see the player entering an icy Hideout even though they don't look to be in the upper area. I think the color of the orb in your Secret Base, affected by what Pokemon statues you have, may determine what environment the Hideaways are: blue is water grotto, green is meadow, red is volcanic, gray/white is icy, etc.. Which means Sinnoh may have more Fire-types available and have Ice-types available early on (among other uncommon Types)!
  • 12:27 (Capsule Decoration & Stickers): Good to see Seals are back, though now they're being called Stickers? Alright *shrugs*. The site goes into more important detail. In the original games you can only place 8 seals and they activated in order of placement. In BDSP, you can now have 20 Stickers! How it works that after placing them in the Poke Ball Capsule (which can either be done on a 2D grid or a 3D ball model you rotate, nice options to have), looks like when a Pokemon is sent out all the stickers activate and where the sticker is placed on the Capsule has it show up on the modified send out animation. Interesting idea, if its as dynamic as I'm thinking it could be than I can see players spending a lot of time to get their Pokemon's send out looking spectacular.
  • 12:50 (Clothing Sets & Player Appearance): Oh, wow, something BDSP is doing better than ORAS: Player Customization! Well, sort of. It's more in-line with Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee's customization where you have entire clothing sets instead of letting you mix & match. But hey, it's more than what ORAS offered to May and Brendan! Also the main site reveals when you start the game you can choose those default 4 skin and hair color (hopefully there's a place where you can change their hair color, though hairstyles look tied to the clothing sets)!
  • 13:03 (Super Contest Show): Looks like they didn't even bother to try and bring the accessories over *sigh*. This does not bode well for Gen V's Musicals. The main site shows that Contests are still done in 3 parts, the Visual Evaluation which used to be where dressing up your Pokemon got it points is now just a straight-up contest condition check. BOO! Dance Evaluation got redone into a more active rhythm game than it was before, at least what I recall of it. And Move Evaluation is your good ol' Pokemon Contest fair. I'm not really a Contest guy but, like I did in ORAS, and if I decide to get these games, I'll give it a try.
  • 13:18 (Union Room): Now, Platinum did have the Union Rooms too so that's not a deconfirmation of the Wi-Fi Plaza... Though if there was anytime to mention it might have been now...
  • 13:36 (Walking Pokemon): Oh, they're allowing any Pokemon to walk with you and outside of Amity Square (but what are they going to do with Amity Square then?). But, uh, there's that darn art direction causing problems again. So, the trainers are chibi but not the Pokemon? So you have a "realistic" proportioned Lucario running behind a chibi human character... and we're expected to just overlook that? And, I'm not saying they should have chibi-fied the Pokemon too, what I'm saying is that THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE THIS CHIBI ART STYLE IN THE FIRST PLACE!
  • 13:41: WHOA WHOA! Planted Berries! Did we know they were bringing that back? I smell the return of the Berry Patch Poketch App!
  • 13:42: Hey it's the Hearthome Church Foreign Building! We going to do anything with that this time around (if not, did you at least keep it quiet inside and the Badges playing the solfeggio so players can compose their own music?).
  • 13:43: Say, isn't that lady with the baby the one who notes the stroller is getting heavier and wonders how soon will it be before her baby reaches the age where it'll go on their Pokemon journey and what their Pokemon partner will be?

• (Now I'll be jumping back to the original trailer... actually there's not really much else to comment on, just a few quick remarks...)
  • 6:50: You just had to keep the marsh's and snow's travel impediment...
  • 8:28: Whoa, what's this theme? Doesn't sound like a remix of the Galactic Encounter or Vs theme.
  • 8:47: Guessing this is the setting for the final battle with Cyrus as he's ripping spacetime apart, very appropriate.

• (Also a small tidbit at the end of the Direct)
  • 26:52 (No Ranked Battles... Hint Of A Limited Dex?): They tried to sneak this in the end. While Legends: Arceus not having Ranked Battles make sense, BDSP not having Ranked Battles is a pretty notable thing, right? It's all but saying the BDSP is not going to be treated as a competitive focused game, and it may not even be used to hold official tournament competitions. If I had to guess, maybe it has to do with the Pokedex, SDBP isn't going to have all the Pokemon and may infact also be made with a Limited Dex, which if so is also a huge thing that they should be mentioning upfront.

That's all I got to say for today. Glad I got both this and Legends: Arceus trailer overlook done... now I just have the maps to compare & contrast, pages of comments to response to, and now there's a JAPE for the new Pokemon. Guess I got my work cut out for me this weekend, and it ain't even Friday. Seeya tomorrow!...

"So, are you excited for Brilliant Diamond & Shinning Pearl Now?"

Oh, right, probably should answer that. Now, as I said, this is a BIG improvement from what we were originally shown. It's not a 1:1 remake (thank Arceus) and has some pretty cool features, many which are expansion of older mechanics which I like to see. HOWEVER, I'm still not sure if this is enough to sell me on the games. There being no new character designs is a big negative to me, and even if the models are more animated the chibi-style is telling me there's gonna be nothing that new visually to see if you've already played DP before. I'm still waiting to be proven wrong on that point and would be glad to be. Don't worry, I'm over with thinking that BDSP shouldn't exist, seeing the price tag on the original Gen IV games convinced me of that (though there is always simulators *coughcough* who said that, surely I didn't...). But maybe that's just it, GF sees me as part of the old guard and my Sinnoh experience was with the Gen IV games; BDSP is meant to get the younger audience up to speed so that they can put all our focus to Legends: Arceus. It's still a sad fate for the Gen IV remakes, overshadowed by a re-imagination. But at least they're getting some cool stuff... and there's always time for Platinum content to be revealed also been done... and them to surprise us with some new forms for the mascot Legendary trio.
I'm actually fine with not having any new character designs. There was no Masters or other major spin-offs with Gen 4 NPCs when ORAS came out, and people might just be too used to the character designs.
I've also seen it pointed out that in one of the sticker screenshots, there's an icon like the Sinnoh Championship Ribbon, but the contest ribbons look like the ORAS ribbons so they might not have new ones. And I don't really care about losing the dress up part of Super Contests because they were so frustrating during my Ribbon Master challenge.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
The Grand Underground also has a high res version. It wasn't pointed out before, but Farfetch'd is here.
https://www.pidgi.net/wiki/images/a...kemon_Brilliant_Diamond_and_Shining_Pearl.png
Looks like another booboo of mine has been uncovered, for I thought the Mantyke were Wailmer cuz of how low-res the image I used was. In case you're wondering, Farfetch'd in DPPt was originally a Swarm Pokemon. Since a lot of the original postgame mons seem like they're being moved here, I wonder if Swarms/Radar/postgame locations will now get a selection of Gen 5-8 mons to compensate?

Either Amity Square straight up got nuked, or they're cooking up something and want to keep it hidden/it's not ready yet.
Interesting thing to note is that this isn't the first time Sinnoh has done this: The Platinum map used a similar assortment of generic trees to cover up the Battle Frontier. Besides, if they just scrapped the Square entirely with no replacement those terminals wouldn't be there still. Hmm...

Also re: the Poketch, I really don't think they can just slap it in unchanged as a separate menu option. Part of what made the original fun to use was how convenient it was as part of the bottom screen. Stuff like the Step Counter would just no longer work by tucking it in the menu and losing that snappiness. If they don't tuck it into a corner of the screen it would require some pretty hefty upgrades with more complex features to be worth the trouble. That said, if Mega Evolution makes the cut and the Poketch doesn't double as the Mega Ring with an accompanying app I'm going have a heated gaming moment.

If Fuego really is that easily accessible in BDSP, this raises serious questions about it in regards to the level curve. It was a decent training spot right after you get Surf and there were a few Trainers in DPP in the low-mid 30s and wild mons in the high 20s back then, but if it's available earlier then this will mean they will have to dial that back.

Also if it's shown earlier then does this mean Fuego Ironworks will have more significance outside of just being a random place where you get a good TM? Maybe it will have story significance or Team Galactic might do something with it like they did in the DP anime? I cannot say for certain that Fuego isn't locked behind Surf now, but if it isn't, that raises some big questions about its function in BDSP.
The back of Floaroma meadow still has a visible path to it, and let's not forget about the Pal Park apparently having a way around its gate in both the old and updated region artworks that obviously didn't actually exist.

I guess that's one of the good things about a "1:1" map. We don't really need to worry about that kind of nonsense.

Interesting thing to note is that this isn't the first time Sinnoh has done this: The Platinum map used a similar assortment of generic trees to cover up the Battle Frontier. Besides, if they just scrapped the Square entirely with no replacement those terminals wouldn't be there still. Hmm...
Before anyone gets their hopes up, there is no Frontier without the Tower. The Tower is already confirmed to be in and at the Battle Zone.

On the other hand... What could it be? Sinnoh Star Tournament? Dare I dream of something even bigger?

This is a much higher resolution version of the BDSP Sinnoh map if you want to compare details better. At a glance it looks like towns are using their original DP designs based on roads and the Eterna Galactic building design, though the Oreburgh conveyor belts lack Platinum's coal and we've seen that ingame, though the actual conveyor belts look the same anyway. The trailer shows the DP style roads in Eterna City with the Cynthia shot though, so I think for the most part they'll mostly stick to DP visuals. Also the GTS is the DP version too. Some buildings in this look pretty sharp and I wouldn't be surprised if they were 3D models.
View attachment 366218View attachment 366217View attachment 366219

The GTS building? Of all things? Did ILCA really mess with their own money by adding a Home feature in-game?

Looks like another booboo of mine has been uncovered, for I thought the Mantyke were Wailmer cuz of how low-res the image I used was. In case you're wondering, Farfetch'd in DPPt was originally a Swarm Pokemon. Since a lot of the original postgame mons seem like they're being moved here, I wonder if Swarms/Radar/postgame locations will now get a selection of Gen 5-8 mons to compensate?

Also re: the Poketch, I really don't think they can just slap it in unchanged as a separate menu option. Part of what made the original fun to use was how convenient it was as part of the bottom screen. Stuff like the Step Counter would just no longer work by tucking it in the menu and losing that snappiness. If they don't tuck it into a corner of the screen it would require some pretty hefty upgrades with more complex features to be worth the trouble. That said, if Mega Evolution makes the cut and the Poketch doesn't double as the Mega Ring with an accompanying app I'm going have a heated gaming moment.
Something I haven't seen anyone discuss is where the clothing shops will be, because I don't see anything that I think could be them on the map, so maybe they'll be in Pokemon Centers or Poke Marts.

This could just be them not representing ledges and Surf water that well, since that seems like a relatively big change to make. It seems the routes are more loosely defined than the cities in general on this map.

The GTS building? Of all things? Did ILCA really mess with their own money by adding a Home feature in-game?
I don't think it's 100% the GTS, but I also think it would be fine to have a GTS in this game considering Switch Home doesn't have it, you need paid NSO to use online features while Home has free options, and BDSP won't be compatible with Home until some point in 2022.

Something I haven't seen anyone discuss is where the clothing shops will be, because I don't see anything that I think could be them on the map, so maybe they'll be in Pokemon Centers or Poke Marts.
The website confirms it's in Veilstone, replacing the Game Corner.
1629470985035.png

This could just be them not representing ledges and Surf water that well, since that seems like a relatively big change to make. It seems the routes are more loosely defined than the cities in general on this map.

I don't think it's 100% the GTS, but I also think it would be fine to have a GTS in this game considering Switch Home doesn't have it, you need paid NSO to use online features while Home has free options, and BDSP won't be compatible with Home until some point in 2022.

The website confirms it's in Veilstone, replacing the Game Corner.
View attachment 366249
lmao i forgot all about the gamecorner even existing

Well, no longer existing, as the case should be.

Kind of wonder if the vague wording and placement on the pages is meant to entice people to preorder on the assumption they wouldn't get them otherwise.
I thought I was just a dumbass (I still am most likely) but I'm glad I'm not the only one who was kinda confused by the wording. I still don't understand how the Quick Balls work

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

A couple of you may have seen this screenshot from the trailer being circulated. While cut off slightly, there has been a lot of speculation that this comes from the Cyrus line "Space isn't stable. Only that shadowy Pokemon lives there.", which would of course seal that the Distortion World climax is returning. Thing is the dialogue is so cut off that it's hard to conclusively prove anything.

...At least, in the English trailer. As it turns out, the Japanese version shows more!
F809B6B7-B466-408C-81B4-151E63CFB5F2.jpeg

Anyone able to identify this and confirm where it was said?

A couple of you may have seen this screenshot from the trailer being circulated. While cut off slightly, there has been a lot of speculation that this comes from the Cyrus line "Space isn't stable. Only that shadowy Pokemon lives there.", which would of course seal that the Distortion World climax is returning. Thing is the dialogue is so cut off that it's hard to conclusively prove anything.

...At least, in the English trailer. As it turns out, the Japanese version shows more!

Anyone able to identify this and confirm where it was said?
This text about time and space is from the etchings on the wall of Celestic Town.
1629475210255.png

1629475193700.png
1629475182173.png

I have a Japanese picture as well but the text isn't an exact match so I'm not sure if something's changed there.
1629475110643.png

I didn't really pay attention to this earlier, but contests seem completely different in this game.

Super Contest Shows are judged based on a Visual Evaluation, a Dance Evaluation, and a Move Evaluation. You can receive Hype Points based on your evaluations, and if the combined total of all four performers’ Hype Points reaches a target score, the show will be declared a success.
This quote makes it seem like contests are now a purely co-op thing and not about competing for attention or sabotage, now it's just about putting on a show together. This is kind of worrying for contest stats, but we've seen from the Bidoof stat picture that the tab still exists on the summary screen, so they probably at least have categories.

This evaluation is based on a Contest Move that each Pokémon can use just once during the Dance Evaluation. When a Pokémon uses a Contest Move, it can please the crowd and earn Hype Points. Also, if you time your Contest Move along with the other performers, you can create a Move Chain, which earns more Hype Points.
I've mentioned this but the Move Evaluation is not the original anymore, it's just based on the one move you can use during the dance, which reminds me of how musicals worked. Based on the trailer (7:46 Presents) it seems like the arrows represent how consistent you are, and combos are just a matter of pressing your move in a set time after other people do it, so I don't know if there's any reason not to just use them all at once yet. The types of each move are displayed next to the trainer name, which might mean something like you have to chain with the right types for slightly more points, but may also just be for aesthetic. Hopefully the AI isn't that bad or they let you play online.
1629474169705.png

The goal meter can vary depending on the contest and I think this shows the thresholds for all 4 ranks. I don't know if the maximum is actually possible to hit because just based on the ending shot in the trailer (7:49 Presents), they barely pass the threshold at the end of a contest, but maybe it can with 4 human players with max stats. Jigglypuff probably shows the length of the contest.
1629473461659.png

1629472892905.png

1629472924638.png

1629472932170.png

Also they reference the game titles here and their respective colour in sparkles. I feel like this might actually be version exclusive text, since they only show "BRILLIANT" in the trailer.
1629473019259.png
1629473026538.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)