Pokemon Day Presents 2024 - Pokemon LZA 2025

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would it be used for? Most of the save bonuses from LA were for BDSP, but there is likely no mainline Kalos game (or a mainline game in any other region) coming out this year. Though depending on when in 2025 it comes out, we could have a mainline game with a November 2025 release date revealed at that point.
SV giving Diancie seems like an easy lay up, at least.
LA giving Hoopa would make some sense if they wanted; considering the whole space time distortion wormhole business. It's close enough to that wheel house. SWSH gave LA access to Darkrai presumably on the back of Darkest Day and SWSH gave access to Jirachi in BDSP presumably on the back of the wishing star pieces.

Volcanion has less of a thematic tie to anything, admittedly.

I really hope you are not limited to just the city. Part of LA's appeal to me was seeing so many wild mons on their enviroments doing their own stuff. Even if it's gigantic a purely urban landscape would get pretty boring to me.

let go of this franchise youll feel better. i mean this genuinely, you're not having fun with the games nor ripping apart the games nor watching from the sidelines. I did this w like half of the stuff i used to watch and read etc and it feels so good
I second this. Hoping the franchise gets back to something you enjoy can be painful since it may not even happen at all. Specially if it keeps going on the opposite direction and trying new stuff.

I say this as someone who let go of it after the sixth gen and just got lucky the one game I got for the meme (Scarlet, trough thanks to my then partner I already kept an eye on LA) got back what I was missing, Pokemon went from being enjoyable to something annoying when I was in the sidelines wanting things to happen. It's pretty pointless and better to move to other series you can enjoy. I can understand it being hard but not doing it gets you nowhere after so long. When I let got of other stuff after getting over junk cost fallacy it felt good as you say.

Kalos had interesting lore but feels like the least complete region both in terms of releases and chronologically -- it had a total of one year as the current "main region" before getting upstaged in its own generation by ORAS for two years. I'm here for them filling out this stuff and getting experimental rather than pattern matching for its own sake.

Someone pointed out that apparently a comparable sport to Soccer did exist 3000 years ago so this is my excuse to guess it will be Scorbunny for Fire.
One of Shakespeare’s plays has someone get called a “base football player”
In that same play someone gets called “Zed” and “Thou unnecessary letter!”
I wonder what Shakespeare would think of people 400 years after his time being so excited over the “unnecessary” z/zee/zed.
They already confirmed it's on Switch
I'm still wondering if it's cross-platform like what happened with Breath of the Wild. Like how that was delayed so many times so the Wii U and "NX" releases could come out at the same time and it would be an "NX" launch title, but if you couldn't get the "NX" the day it came out but wanted to play it early you still had the Wii U version.

worryingly Gamefreak like to release Pokemon games on current gen consoles even if the next one is already out, however given the rumours how strong the Switch2 will be, I'm hoping this is going to be a launch title rather than it being still on Switch 1 with "enhances" for Switch 2.

Eve

taking a break
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Community Leader
tried to compile all the mons we saw in the trailer, couldn't discern a few so feel free to give thoughts
1709047791514.png
1709047839242.png
1709047938536.png
1709047982831.png
1709048056415.png
1709048164790.png
1709048278056.png
1709048693900.png
1709049667597.png
1709048591783.png
1709048797395.png
1709048864886.png

Last edited:
Regarding the time period the game will take place in, I hope it will be set in the present or the future rather than the past. It is hard to say what it will be since we don't have much info right now, but the "Urban redevelopment plan" could be read as either something that happened in the past (like how the player helped build Jubilife in Arceus), or something that is going to happen in the (near) future. I hope it will be the latter. A Legends game set in the present or the future is way more interesting to me than another one set in the past.

tried to compile all the mons we saw in the trailer, couldn't discern a few so feel free to give thoughts
the idk what this is: probably ralts
idk the rest: ttar, salamence, dont know the red one in the back tho

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
>wakes up
>expects dumb news to be disappointed by or the obvious news to be "meh"ed by
>GF takes third option

Huh. Well I'm pleasantly surprised.

Also PLA's new mons got imported into the main games so I expect Megas -- the best battle gimmick -- to be returning to us eventually. Maybe we'll get Megas for Unova mons not named Audino and I can stop hating it. Or finally get Mega Flygon.

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
sprigatito or lillipup? probably lillipup since we don’t see any post gen 6 mons

megas are probably gonna be stuck in this game tbh, just like how z moves are stuck in alola, dmax is stuck in galar and tera will get stuck in paldea
possibly but at the same time, not only were megas in gen 7, but hisuian mons were designed to be a feature of hisui but are transferable to scvi. if megas are the feature of this game and its way of giving new life to older mons megas could still be in gen 10, but with a role more akin to gen 7 where they were a off handed feature of the postgame

Based on what happened last gen, I'm assuming Legends: ZA will be released sometime around January or February 2025 like how Legends: Arceus was released in January 2022, then the Gen 10 games will come out in November 2025, following the pattern of new mainline games releasing in November every 3 years. Obviously, this is speculation, but there seem to be some trends established for releases like these.

Based on what happened last gen, I'm assuming Legends: ZA will be released sometime around January or February 2025 like how Legends: Arceus was released in January 2022, then the Gen 10 games will come out in November 2025, following the pattern of new mainline games releasing in November every 3 years. Obviously, this is speculation, but there seem to be some trends established for releases like these.
for Legends Arceus iirc they did say "early 2022" but here its just "2025"

I can't see them taking genuine criticism of their release cycles onboard and then releasing two big games in the same year. 2026 is their 30th anniversary, they'll milk that with whatever is in 2026.

I do agree that the release date will probably be Q1, but they hopefully will do DLC this time and allow Legends to breathe a bit and have a proper era and not have a MONTH of attention before another game is announced.

i mean I think your big mistake is trying to replace on reliability. if youre letting go of a long running series thats super stable you gotta go with the unstable, one offs etc. Also you shouldnt try to replace it with similar genres imo.

for example, i swapped a brazilian book saga that was mainly fantasy with an horror thriller author LOL and non-fiction. you'll never find something that captured how you felt with pokemon, those are biased memories that you just hold dear and then go do something else tbh.

I dont think pokemon needs to be defended from critics, I just feel like you arent really having fun with the criticism, which kinda sucks
Fundamentally, I don't find learning the basics of a new thing as enjoyable as exploring the complexities of a deep system (decent chance it's an autism thing). So if I'm going to try to unwind, if I don't have a decklist/roster/character sheet on hand to tinker with, I'm going to default to the opposite of letting things go: booting up the Showdown teambuilder and thinking of what could be. That's why I look for reliability.

I feel like it probably will be set entirely in Lumiose — while it’s certainly possible that this is just a case of the American Twitter account goofing up (like when they mentioned “Gym Masters” in the lead-up to SwSh), the thing with Legends: Arceus was, the world was divided into six “zones”: Jubilife, the Fieldlands, the Mirelands, the Coastlands, the Highlands, and the Icelands. Jubilife was a central hub, but it wasn’t especially large compared to the wilderness zones. And the only other “towns” to speak of were the Diamond and Pearl Settlements, which were both little more than small campsites.

Maybe GF will somehow create a game that exists at a Hyrulean scale that will absolutely blow me away, but Kalos is a pretty big region, with 16 towns and lots of major landmarks, so I struggle to see how they would make that work without massively downsizing the towns other than Lumiose.

If it takes place in the past, you could probably remove some of them, saying that they hadn’t been established yet, but logically you can’t go very far back in the past, because the concept here is urban redevelopment to create the Lumiose we know.

(I’m not particularly convinced by the theories that it takes place in the future, but if it does, then that only exacerbates the issue — now they would need to render all of the cities and locations we saw in X & Y at a large scale that makes sense in comparison to the size of Lumiose.)

In its current form, Lumiose is actually kinda quite well-primed to be interpreted into five or six major “zones” that could comprise the game’s world. It’s literally already divided into five sections with a central hub where Prism Tower is. I could definitely see the game being set entirely within Lumiose, giving it a strong core concept, with them just greatly enlarging the different sections of the city in order to make it feel big, lived-in, and full of more granular details.

sprigatito or lillipup? probably lillipup since we don’t see any post gen 6 mons

possibly but at the same time, not only were megas in gen 7, but hisuian mons were designed to be a feature of hisui but are transferable to scvi. if megas are the feature of this game and its way of giving new life to older mons megas could still be in gen 10, but with a role more akin to gen 7 where they were a off handed feature of the postgame
How do you think that will work? I interpret this as one of:
  1. Generation 10 (or whatever the next non-Legends mainline game is) features Mega Evolution
  2. They become their own Pokemon like Duraludon's Gigantamax becoming Archaludon
  3. Mega evolution is less of a fleshed-out mechanic in the next non-Legends mainline game and more like Let's Go where once it was unlocked every Pokemon automatically did it once sent out (if Mega evolution hadn't happened before in the same battle) without a held item. Then again part of this could be Let's Go not having held items at all
for Legends Arceus iirc they did say "early 2022" but here its just "2025"
What about non-English trailers?

I feel like it probably will be set entirely in Lumiose — while it’s certainly possible that this is just a case of the American Twitter account goofing up (like when they mentioned “Gym Masters” in the lead-up to SwSh), the thing with Legends: Arceus was, the world was divided into six “zones”: Jubilife, the Fieldlands, the Mirelands, the Coastlands, the Highlands, and the Icelands. Jubilife was a central hub, but it wasn’t especially large compared to the wilderness zones. And the only other “towns” to speak of were the Diamond and Pearl Settlements, which were both little more than small campsites.

Maybe GF will somehow create a game that exists at a Hyrulean scale that will absolutely blow me away, but Kalos is a pretty big region, with 16 towns and lots of major landmarks, so I struggle to see how they would make that work without massively downsizing the towns other than Lumiose.

If it takes place in the past, you could probably remove some of them, saying that they hadn’t been established yet, but logically you can’t go very far back in the past, because the concept here is urban redevelopment to create the Lumiose we know.

(I’m not particularly convinced by the theories that it takes place in the future, but if it does, then that only exacerbates the issue — now they would need to render all of the cities and locations we saw in X & Y at a large scale that makes sense in comparison to the size of Lumiose.)

In its current form, Lumiose is actually kinda quite well-primed to be interpreted into five or six major “zones” that could comprise the game’s world. It’s literally already divided into five sections with a central hub where Prism Tower is. I could definitely see the game being set entirely within Lumiose, giving it a strong core concept, with them just greatly enlarging the different sections of the city in order to make it feel big, lived-in, and full of more granular details.
I don't think they need to go to every city, but leaving the town and going to designated zones would probably be fine. Like the desert is pretty open to exploration, or Terminus Cave or maybe some other routes that seem ripe for it. We could go to a much simpler Tower of Mastery or Geosenge. We just go to these places for specific purposes (basically just a business trip), which would still be arbitrary to why we can't go to the rest of the region, but less arbitrary & weird than if the entire game was entirely in this one town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)