Pokemon Day Presents 2024 - Pokemon LZA 2025

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot believe they skipped Unova though.
I wouldn't say this is them skipping Unova. No reason every Legends game has to be a remake stand in or tied to one -- there's every possibility they'll do something for Unova later on, and I'd rather they give such a remake the love it deserves (especially with two games of plot to consider) than feel obligated to put something out just to do it. That was pretty much the mistake they made with BDSP.

If the game isn't set in the past, I suspect the urban redevelopment might include expanding on the famously unexplored Power Plant.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
It has a Gigantimax form though, which is why I didn't include it. Incineroar is the only fire starter not named Skeledirge who doesn't have an alternate form of some kind, and Skeledirge just came out so I doubt they would want to instantly outclass it.
:sv/charizard: and :sv/gengar: got a Gigantamax form too despite already having Megas (one in Gengar’s case) and Gigantamax (and Dynamax by extension) obviously won’t be in Kalos, so who knows? There’s also the fact that Duraludon got compensated with a new evolution in Indigo Disk, with Applin having Dipplin in Teal Mask that evolves further into Hydrapple in Indigo Disk.

That’s all I’ll say as I don’t want to end up falling this thread into wishlisting territory.

So we can probably put down and as the grass and water starters (Serperior has french lily symbolism, and generally has a "noble" air to it, while Empoleon is literally Napoleon as an Emperor Penguin)
Personally I kinda expect them to just use Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie as the Starters for this game, but giving them Megas this time. (Not to mention, Greninja is like hyper giga popular.)

One of the most regular complaints about X & Y is how the Kanto Starters kind of “overshadowed” the Kalos Starters by getting Megas while the new Starters didn’t. Depending on how much of an X & Y apology tour* this game is, I wouldn’t be surprised if this time they feel like they have to give the Kalos Starters a proper chance to shine.

I also wouldn’t be shocked if there were very few regional forms in this game (or none at all). SV already massively scaled back on the concept compared to previous entries, and this game is going to have Mega Evolution, which originally filled the “use old Pokémon as a basis for new designs” niche that regional forms took over in the following generation.

In general, I’m just pretty wary of using Arceus as a hard template for Z-A. We don’t know how experimental they’re willing to get with the Legends umbrella, and the very existence of this game is proof that perceived “patterns” mean absolutely nothing. And a lot of Arceus’s design choices were directly informed by its core concept, which this game, at least from what we can tell so far, doesn’t seem to be mirroring exactly.

* I actually really love X & Y lol; I’m more referring to the general fandom perception here. Though even I agree that the Kalos Starters were kind of blotted out.

Also Legends Arceus got to pair with BDSP, so the Sinnoh starters got to stand on their own a bit while hisui got to go in a different directions.

but there's (probably....?) only going to be one Kalos rexploratoin game and if it has all the megas I don't think we need to put them to the side in a game that's also going to have at least 6 other starters also with megas. At least let them headline one more time.

Personally I kinda expect them to just use Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie as the Starters for this game, but giving them Megas this time. (Not to mention, Greninja is like hyper giga popular.)

One of the most regular complaints about X & Y is how the Kanto Starters kind of “overshadowed” the Kalos Starters by getting Megas while the new Starters didn’t. Depending on how much of an X & Y apology tour* this game is, I wouldn’t be surprised if this time they feel like they have to give the Kalos Starters a proper chance to shine.

I also wouldn’t be shocked if there were very few regional forms in this game (or none at all). SV already massively scaled back on the concept compared to previous entries, and this game is going to have Mega Evolution, which originally filled the “use old Pokémon as a basis for new designs” niche that regional forms took over in the following generation.

In general, I’m just pretty wary of using Arceus as a hard template for Z-A. We don’t know how experimental they’re willing to get with the Legends umbrella, and the very existence of this game is proof that perceived “patterns” mean absolutely nothing. And a lot of Arceus’s design choices were directly informed by its core concept, which this game, at least from what we can tell so far, doesn’t seem to be mirroring exactly.

* I actually really love X & Y lol; I’m more referring to the general fandom perception here. Though even I agree that the Kalos Starters were kind of blotted out.
I do wonder how much of this game will build upon scrapped Z concepts. Zygarde’s story presumably, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they had Kalos starter megas in the early stages that they might repurpose. Here’s hoping they revisit the scrapped Flygon mega.

but there's (probably....?) only going to be one Kalos rexploratoin game and if it has all the megas I don't think we need to put them to the side in a game that's also going to have at least 6 other starters also with megas. At least let them headline one more time.
Also wondering if they’ll include every mega in the game. I mean they probably will, barring the primal, but it’s game freak so I could potentially see them leaving out the starters + mewtwo.

I think SV scaled back on regionals partially cause of the Paradoxes tbh
I do think that’s part of the reason (though they also threw in convergent species at the same time), but I also think that goes along with my suspicion. This game has a “new iterations on old designs” mechanic ready to go, so it would arguably need to rely less on regional forms. In contrast, Legends: Arceus couldn’t exactly make use of that generation’s new form mechanic (Gigantamax), so regional forms were the next best thing.

I do wonder how much of this game will build upon scrapped Z concepts. Zygarde’s story presumably, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they had Kalos starter megas in the early stages that they might repurpose. Here’s hoping they revisit the scrapped Flygon mega.
On a much more minor level, I could see them “resolving” the Lumiose City ghost girl thread since it’s in the right location. Maybe the hidden message at the train station, too. (Although, I’ve never been of the assumption that those were scrapped ideas that they meant to develop further - sometimes creepy moments or little mysterious are fun to leave hanging. But Legends: Arceus did surprise me with its amount of deep-cut continuity nods to the other Sinnoh games, so GF have shown a willingness to play around with that stuff, at least.)

Also wondering if they’ll include every mega in the game. I mean they probably will, barring the primal, but it’s game freak so I could potentially see them leaving out the starters + mewtwo.
I was actually curious about this, so I decided to look over the Kalos Pokédex. Not that I’m anticipating this game to have 450+ species available, but for what it’s worth, the only Pokémon who got Megas in ORAS that weren’t included in the Kalos Dex were Sceptile, Swampert, Camerupt, Glalie, Metagross, Latias, Latios, Rayquaza, and Lopunny. Two of those are Starters, and three are Legendaries — I’m sure they could at least find room in Z-A for Numel, Snorunt, Beldum, and Buneary.

(Also, since it’s Kalos, I assume Hoopa will be here, which could be the way they drop in the Hoenn Starters and Legendaries if they want to. Which would be kind of a funny full-circle thing considering Hoopa was a Kalos Mythical that dumped a bunch of Legendaries into Hoenn.)

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
1709072282529.png

12 YEARS.

12 YEARS HE WAITED FOR THE DAY HE COULD BTFO KHU BEYOND REPAIR. 12 YEARS HE WAITED TO WARD OFF THE WRETCHED NIGHTMARES OF UNOVA ILCASLOP WITH HIS MIGHTY CLAWS.

THE ORDER POKEMON. THE DEFENDER OF THE ECOSYSTEM. HE WASN'T SHAFTED. HE WAS MERELY BIDING HIS TIME FOR WHEN HE WOULD BE NEEDED.

DIAL K FOR KINO... DIAL K FOR KALOS!!!!

maybe ill post more in-depth serious thoughts later but this is genuinely incredible. kaloschads get the next legends game and it's being given a whole year of no mainline release to be the best it can be.

I think there will be every Mega from XY but not sure about ORAS. It could be like what happened to Charizard in SwSh where the Torchic line is in the game from day 1 but Sceptile and Swampert are added later on or as DLC
I wonder if the reason Kalos starters can’t mega evolve is that they were worried about the opposite extreme. Remember: When XY were new official materials described Mega Evolution as “Pokemon who weren’t thought to be able to evolve further” which wouldn’t apply to Pokemon that had just been publicly revealed and this is their first mainline game. There’s Diancie but there were no legendary/mythical Pokemon who could evolve until 2016.
So they were worried Kalos starters getting Mega Evolution would make players ignore Mega Evolutions for older Pokemon, but it ended up making the starters from a then-17 year old game overshadowing the actual Kalos starters just because they could Mega Evolve and the Kalos starters couldn't.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Everyone ready for Kiseki as performed by Ed Sheeran
All jokes aside this is a decent segue into one of many thoughts coming to mind: How is music getting handled in this game? If it's genuinely gonna commit to the premise of an entire game set in a massively expanded Lumiose, presumably there'll be a whole host of songs for individual streets, districts, stores, etc. In that case, where will the prime Lumiose City song play? Will the aforementioned places get Lumiose motifs sprinkled in? Will they be original compositions that sometimes vaguely reference other Kalos locations like how Legends Arceus did things?

honestly the 2025 release date is very promising in terms of gamefreak actually caring about the product a bit more as they promised but nobody really believed at first. i wouldn't mind ilca remakes for whatever region, if ilca is given the same consideration.
Someone in this thread mentioned the 35th(?) anniversary, they could move this to summer 2025 or even Holiday 2025, so Gen 10 could release Christmas of the 35th anniversary.

StupidFlandrs48

World’s sweatiest casual
is a Pre-Contributor
I have waited literally half my life for this game what the fk

I remember the XY anime coming out when I was like 8 years old, I was instantly hooked on Kalos and all the funny lil goobers (and Megas) they introduced in that gen. I was already a Pokefan of sorts because everyone at my school collected the cards (maybe two of us knew how to play with them lmao), but I consider myself a Gen 6 kid and GOODRA IS COOL I WILL DIE ON THAT HILL. This is amazing and I love it. Please make the graphics nice gamefreak, a city should be easier for your engine since you get shorter draw distances.

It also comes only a year after I did a full playthrough of the XY games for the first time and left fairly underwhelmed, this really is the perfect game at the perfect time

I think the idea of the entire game taking place in Lumiose is kinda... odd, think about it, where in Lumiose would you be able to find an ice type? or a ghost type? To make an entire pokedex's worth of pokemon fit inside one city just seems logistically impossible, and more importantly in my eyes, would exploring one city for the entire game even be fun? I don't think it would be, it seems far more likely that there are more areas to explore similar to PLA than trying to shove 200+ species of pokemon into one giant urban environment

30th anniversary, and since that's 2026, it would be more than they usually wait between gens. which is of course a welcome development.
There are only two other gens that came out four years after the last gen instead of three (gen 4 and gen 5)
I have waited literally half my life for this game what the fk

I remember the XY anime coming out when I was like 8 years old, I was instantly hooked on Kalos and all the funny lil goobers (and Megas) they introduced in that gen. I was already a Pokefan of sorts because everyone at my school collected the cards (maybe two of us knew how to play with them lmao), but I consider myself a Gen 6 kid and GOODRA IS COOL I WILL DIE ON THAT HILL. This is amazing and I love it. Please make the graphics nice gamefreak, a city should be easier for your engine since you get shorter draw distances.

It also comes only a year after I did a full playthrough of the XY games for the first time and left fairly underwhelmed, this really is the perfect game at the perfect time
Remember the commercial that was like "The Kalos region. So peaceful and serene..." then cut to Ash yelling out his arrival?
Also this makes me feel old, the only other games I can think of off the top of my head that came out after I was born and already have remakes (not remasters/updated rereleases like Platinum) are Bowser's Inside Story, Diamond and Pearl, the OG Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, and Persona 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)