SPOILERS! Pokemon Legends: Arceus *Leak Thread*

I'm really interested in this supposed time travel plotline. We've had time travel in the series before (Celebi in HG/SS, Anabel flying forward in time in Gen 7). So having a protagonist that time travels for an entire length of the game will be very unique on what happens to us after the end of the main story.
1642547971187.png

Calling it right now: Someone's a Pokemon turned human, a human turned Pokemon, and/or an Avatar of a Legendary.

The latest game made by the Monolith Soth runs at 378p at times (an upgrade from the 368p resolution found in XC2) so I don't know why anyone would look to them and be surprised at the lack of graphical prowess in this game. It's clear based on the other games they've assisted with that they're no Nintendo EPD.

Honestly it's less "this is insane!!" and more "that's a weird thing to have for this game". Like yeah the god phone was dumb but, whatever, god gonna do what god gonna do in order to have a not sheikahslate for breath of the sinnoh wilds.

it's a game that on its face didn't necessarily need time travel for its premise. I assume, now, that if that is the case it WILL be important in some way, sure but I'm just saying going into idk XY I'm not expecting an opening where its someone being dragged from 3000 years in the past and that someone is calem/serena.

The latest game made by the Monolith Soth runs at 378p at times (an upgrade from the 368p resolution found in XC2) so I don't know why anyone would look to them and be surprised at the lack of graphical prowess in this game. It's clear based on the other games they've assisted with that they're no Nintendo EPD.
Also just because they're on the game doesn't necessarily mean theyre doing graphical load work.

Wahoo!

Right off the bat, looks like your player character's a time traveller. Not even out of the intro and we've gone totally batshit already, I see.
1642550449423.png

This 50 pokeball photo is very strange to me without context based on the time travel theory, ignoring that you are supposed to be holding 50 balls in your hand. Why would the professor give 50 handcrafted pokeballs to some random kid he just met unconscious on the beach, and how would you store them without a backpack or pockets? Something about this doesn't add up.
My crackpot theory is that this character has nothing to do with Akari or Rei and this is actually a tutorial segment where you get to meet the starters and go through some gameplay where you eventually black out and Arceus brings you back to life or you have to avenge your own death or something.

Apparently the guy completely exposed his personal information on facebook so I expected the ninjas to get him eventually.

it's a game that on its face didn't necessarily need time travel for its premise. I assume, now, that if that is the case it WILL be important in some way, sure but I'm just saying going into idk XY I'm not expecting an opening where its someone being dragged from 3000 years in the past and that someone is calem/serena.
Though I wasn't thinking of it before, you could argue that some time shenanigains were a requirement for a major pokemon game set in the past. This will obviously connect to Home, and a point is made that it's the same mon being transferred up. In other words, there needs to be some explanation for why the Legends player character would be familiar enough with the modern storage system to send mons.

Honestly, what surprises me more with Monolith is that their Help-out-Nintendo division wasn't entirely busy with BotW 2.

Though I wasn't thinking of it before, you could argue that some time shenanigains were a requirement for a major pokemon game set in the past. This will obviously connect to Home, and a point is made that it's the same mon being transferred up. In other words, there needs to be some explanation for why the Legends player character would be familiar enough with the modern storage system to send mons.

Honestly, what surprises me more with Monolith is that their Help-out-Nintendo division wasn't entirely busy with BotW 2.
I mean....not really, because Home is entirely its own separate thing & UI. The Legends side doesn't need to explain anything, because there's never going ot be anything in Legends that explains anything or has a need to. It's really easy to abstract it

The Lucario on the back cover has a moveset of Thunder Punch/Aura Sphere/Crunch/Shadow Claw.
View attachment 399540
View attachment 399541
I would say that this means TMs/tutors are in the game in some form, since I doubt Lucario would learn Thunder Punch and Shadow Claw by level-up. Crunch may have gotten upgraded to level-up status however, since Egg moves, or breeding in general, doesn't seem to be a thing in PLA.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So it's as the rumors once said.

Your job is to catch every Pokémon in Hisui, and then by doing that you will eventually reach Arceus.

Very interesting to see Arceus having a proper speaking role in this game though. It's as if you are partly on this game's mission by Arceus itself and it's testing you to see if you are worthy of being in its presence. I wonder what else Arceus will do in this game's story, since it's very obviously an important character in this game.

What is the thing Rei is looking at in the screenshot on the right next to the Basculegion and Wyrdeer ones? It looks like a really spiky Pokemon but I can't tell what it is????
Is it just me, or does it kind of look like a spikier Avalugg?
500px-713Avalugg.png

Flip it over and it looks a lot like the mon there. It might just be confirmation bias talking but if they just casually put Hisuian Avalugg on the back of the box without it being revealed in the prerelease cycle I'm going to laugh my ass off.

edit: looked at the pic more closely and I'm like 90% sure that's Hisuian Avalugg. The head and foot shapes are exactly the same as Kalosian Avalugg's, but its back looks like a pyramid, which is a feature that Kalosian Avalugg most certainly does not have lmaoooo

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)