SPOILERS! Pokemon Legends: Arceus *Leak Thread*

Imagine something like Wailord max sized properly scaled with this...
Isn't IoA static encounter Wailord bigger than standard one?

Legends have second best with Steelix. Max sized Steelix will be fun. Especially in Battle vs something small.
What's the smallest Pokemon in this game by the way? Pichu/Cleefa/Togepi?

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

This is so good they literally did a new version of the Regi quest with the instructions inside BDSP I love this

I also love the handling of the Unown, I think it's already been discussed how they're now collectibles like korok seeds scattered around the world but the game actually hints their locations to you and this is how they do it
1642825293323.png

There's a hint in this style for every symbol. Why does this game just keep winning

Let me have a slight pause in the discussion to gush a bit over Ursaluna:

For the first time since Gen IV, a previously fully-evolved Pokémon has received an evolution to create a three-stage evolution family. Not just a regional form that receives an extra evolution (i.e. Mr. Rime), but an original 'mon that has been fully evolved for many years. In other words, an existing evolutionary family has received an upgrade in a way we haven't seen in more than 15 years. I really liked it the last time it happened, and I hope TPC will continue to do it, because stuff like this always puts the entire evolutionary family in a wholly new light. The Teddiursa family is now a three-stage family, and that changes things for me. I don't think I can explain why, but it's like it makes the Pokémon more worth catching and more fun to use in-game. You get this massive power surge that comes with evolution twice when playing the game, and the final form is like a big prize for training the base form. The extra power helps too. Now Teddiursa won't just evolve into a decently powerful Normal-type, but one that kicks buttocks. The "potential" of Teddiursa has changed from "will eventually be okay" to "will eventually be really good", making it much more attractive for in-game runs in my eyes.

I'm so glad it was Teddiursa that got this treatment too. Normal-types have a tendency to be overlooked these days. It's the typing they slap on the regional bird, the regional rodent, and sometimes on some cutesy Route 2 'mon that evolves into an equally cutesy but terribly weak 'mon around the third Gym or so. Late-game Normal-types are very rare, but they used to be a common sight. Kangaskhan, Tauros, the Porygon family, Blissey, Snorlax ... you could get far with a pure Normal typing in the old days. Nowadays, if you find a Normal-type in the lategame, it is usually slapped onto a Pokémon that was clearly designed with its more interesting base typing in mind, but had Normal added as a secondary just to fill the quota (here's looking at Heliolisk, Indeedee, Drampa, and Oranguru). Adding insult to injury, those are usually single-stage too. The last time we got a three-stage Normal family that wasn't the region's iteration of some classic archetype, was ... *checks notes* ... Lillipup. Ursaluna is a very welcome addition to the group of late-game Normal-types.

Granted, for the abovementioned reasons I'm a little disappointed they added a Ground-typing, as if Normal on its own wouldn't be exciting enough, but then again, every new Pokémon or form in this game is a dual-type except White Stripe Basculin (whose difference from the other Basculin forms is purely visual), so I guess it was an obligation, and they could have done much worse than Ground.

So yeah, here's to Ursaluna, the Pokémon some of us have been waiting for for four generations. I hope Gen 9 - or whatever next games are to follow - will bring us more like it.
My issue is that now they need to explain why Ursaring can take advantage of Eviolite when it couldn't before.

Or that would be my issue, if they hadn't messed with Continuity of Mechanics using the literal example I use to explain the concept to people. At least now we have actual timeline instability in play so I can blame that.

My issue is that now they need to explain why Ursaring can take advantage of Eviolite when it couldn't before.

Or that would be my issue, if they hadn't messed with Continuity of Mechanics using the literal example I use to explain the concept to people. At least now we have actual timeline instability in play so I can blame that.
Game Freak seems to becoming more lax with evolution continuity as of Gen 8, when they changed Leafeon and Glaceon to evolve via Leaf and Ice Stone.

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Maybe you missed that it's Teddiursa who evolves into Ursaluna. It looks to be a split evolution a la Slowbro/Slowking.

EDIT: Outdated intel. See below.

So based on current information what a possible best Team of only New Pokemon/Hisuian forms can be created?

Or do we need info on Learnsets, all Boss Battles etc to create one?
I haven't spoiled the boss fights for myself, but based on the moves we know are in the game it shouldn't be hard to identify the frontrunners. I will omit the new forms of Dialga and Palkia because they are obviously endgame monsters, they are hardly different from the standard forms, and they will be surefire Ubers once they enter the main series. I will also omit Enamorus because she's probably postgame and I've shilled her enough already.
  1. Hisuian Goodra—It's already a pseudo, and it's only been improved by its new form.
  2. Ursaluna—Even without Guts, base 140 Atk is nothing to sneeze at.
  3. Kleavor—Same speed as Overqwil and the new Samurott, but it's stronger and benefitting from buffed X-Scissor.
  4. Hisuian Arcanine—This guy's probably the reason why Head Smash is in the game. High BST as always.
  5. Sneasler—Basically Weavile but with stronger STAB moves across the board. You just know they're giving this thing Close Combat.
The last slot is a toss-up.
I want to say Overqwil because it looks stronger than the new Samurott by stats, but we don't know that it gets a good Dark move.
I also want to recommend Hisuian Zoroark because it's a faster version of the new Typhlosion, but I'd first need to be sure that it learns Tri Attack.
Finally, Hisuian Lilligant will be good someday, but it's not that strong without Hustle. It's already better than the new Decidueye.

As with many hyper-restricted team requests (cough 6-CAP cough), a 6-Hisui team may need to settle for something less than optimal. I suppose #6 should be whichever one of the aforementioned three gets what it wants. They potentially outcompete the starters, but they each need a little something extra to boost them above the rest of the roster. Keep an ear out for news on them.

Last edited:
In SWSH you could relearn moves one at a time for free at Pokemon Centers.
In PLA you can access your entire accessible movepool from the party menu and completely swap out movesets at any time.
PLA also has a tutor that can style moves and teach various moves for money.
Wait, what do you mean "style moves" here? Are you saying that Strong and Agile Style are things that you need to learn per-move? Or do you mean that you can customize move animations a bit, like how Ball Capsules let you style send-out animations in Gen 4?

Wait, what do you mean "style moves" here? Are you saying that Strong and Agile Style are things that you need to learn per-move?
Yes.

The video is deleted but I remember seeing an option for it in the menu showing the tutor moves. I feel like wild pokemon like alphas that use styles will also have them at base when caught based on the Sliggoo clip, but I haven't really seen any first hand footage for myself on the mechanic. Overall prerelease has also shown that moves can be styled or not styled at different points so I would suspect it takes money and ingame progress as well.

is there a way to induce weather, specifically strong sunlight and snow? or is it totally dependant on the environment.

need to check if theres some hope for my grass and ice bros

Wait, what do you mean "style moves" here? Are you saying that Strong and Agile Style are things that you need to learn per-move? Or do you mean that you can customize move animations a bit, like how Ball Capsules let you style send-out animations in Gen 4?
We've seen them in trailers.

Agile is faster but weaker, Strong is... y'know, but slower.

Now Speed isn't the absolute definer when it comes to turn order, but Styles don't really add priority per se, so don't expect Avalugg to spam Agile moves and zoop around like Regieleki.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Unrelated to the current discussion, but does anyone else have a problem with Enamorus's design? I kinda dig it, but at the same time I find it incredibly cliche that Game Freak went for a pink female-only Fairy-type that's related to the power of love. If literally any of those elements were different (red fairy, pink male, Dark-type powered by love etc), I'd like it a lot more.

Unrelated to the current discussion, but does anyone else have a problem with Enamorus's design? I kinda dig it, but at the same time I find it incredibly cliche that Game Freak went for a pink female-only Fairy-type that's related to the power of love. If literally any of those elements were different (red fairy, pink male, Dark-type powered by love etc), I'd like it a lot more.
I am an unironic fan of the gen 5 genies and i dont think theres any redeeming of enamorus. I just hate how they actually were able to woobify a pokemon, something I didnt expect to be possible or real

This is so good they literally did a new version of the Regi quest with the instructions inside BDSP I love this

I also love the handling of the Unown, I think it's already been discussed how they're now collectibles like korok seeds scattered around the world but the game actually hints their locations to you and this is how they do it
View attachment 400328
There's a hint in this style for every symbol. Why does this game just keep winning
So the "Qwilfish with its huge spikes" was Overqwil! Neat! This 60 dollar hint comes with a free game

I am an unironic fan of the gen 5 genies and i dont think theres any redeeming of enamorus. I just hate how they actually were able to woobify a pokemon, something I didnt expect to be possible or real
same here. Enamorus-T looks good, but Enamorus-I looks like a wannabe VSCO girl

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)