SPOILERS! Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee Datamine Info

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
are we assuming that we will be able to transfer these Pokemon to the main series?

Also has a full moveset dump been leaked for every mon so far? I'm interested in what Pokemon can learn which one of the new TMs, specifically those dank Play Rough Superpower Outrage ones :psysly:
Not only has Masuda brought up wanting to do that, but Bill Trinen even brought it up on the Treehouse stream earlier this month. I don't think they'd keep brining it up if it wasn't planned!

specifically those dank Superpower Outrage ones
What? Superpower and Outrage are tutor moves. Things that already get them as tutors are just going to get them as TM's. Play Rough and Megahorn are the only interesting things here.

Also I'm guessing there's no Giga Drain? Or Giga Drain might get a boost in gen 8.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why are people hyped up about Stealth Rock being a TM when it was already a tutor move
What? Superpower and Outrage are tutor moves. Things that already get them as tutors are just going to get them as TM's. Play Rough and Megahorn are the only interesting things here.
There's probably no tutors, if there are then what they teach would likely be a completely new list to that of USUM. 10 of the TMs were tutors moves up until now and it wouldn't make sense to have tutors and TMs overlap.

Wonder how Nuzlocke rules are going to get around this one: One of the gym's prerequisites is having 50 different species captured in your dex.
Man some of these are ridiculous.

(the obvious solution being catch extra Pokemon to meet requirement but you're not allowed to use them?)

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
New Moves: As expected all the Partner Moves are powerful, probably to make up for their lower stats compared to fully evolved Pokemon. Eevee is still the champ as it gets 9 giving it the most versatility (and some having very useful secondary effects). Pikachu only got the 4 we saw but they got some tricks and does provide it with coverage it finds useful (Water to hit Ground-types, Flying to hit Grass-types super effectively). Notable ones I want to mention:

- Zippy Zap seems a bit odd having a +6 Critical Hit Ratio when you only need a +3 unless they changed it in Let's Go, though still it's pretty much an Electric-type Extreme Speed which ignores Defense increases and that ain't bad.
- Why doesn't Glitzy Glow, Baddy Bad, Freezy Frost, and Sparkly Swirl not get any secondary effect? GG could be Confusion, BB could be 30% Flinch (and 95 Accuracy), FF could be 30% Freeze, and SS could be Attraction.
- Also surprised that BB is Special and not Physical. Not only is Umbreon's highest offense stat is Physical (though that's not saying much as it's 65 compared to Special's 60) but would give it another Physical move to go along with Fire and Grass. Also with a lot of Psychic-types being more Special oriented hitting them on their Defense side would be more effective.

And Double Iron Bash's base Power is 60! Taking STAB into account and a possible Iron Fist increase means each hit is doing 108 Power giving a total of 216 Power move! Yikes! And even if not increased by Iron Fist it would go down to 90 Power per hit for a total of 180. Even without the Flinching effect this move is a killer! It has to be getting a nerf after these games, with no Abilities (and looks like certain other future gen additions) they decided to buff certain moves to make them usable. If Double Iron Bash was 40 Power with STAB alone it would only be a total of 120 and with Iron First be 144 total which is still pretty good but not earth shattering.

Candy Boost: 200 extra points for each stat (after the Friendship boost)?! Geez, do they need Mega Evolutions after that? Though if the Master Trainer's Pokemon are all properly Candy boosted (I can't believe that's a term now) then I guess that does make them more challenging. Though could be challenging in the wrong way as it means you gotta "grind" for Candies and Friendship.

TM List: Say, wouldn't mind this TM list to carry over to the core series... as long as they also add back the missing 40! Most Types gets at least one powerful move with plenty of extra utility moves (or at least ones players care about like Protect and Substitute). Notable ones:

- Teleport, really? Well I guess there had to be a few stinkers.
- Fly, Surf, and Waterfall are still TMs, make sense as they're the most useful HMs (and Defog, which considering a certain TM on this list probably also should have been made a TM).
- They got rid of Explosion as a TM but made Self-Destruct one? I guess that makes sense, offer the weaker one for a lot of Pokemon to learn while having the stronger one only a certain few learn via Level Up (or maybe Move Tutor).
- Sludge Bomb but no Sludge Wave, which makes sense as most battles are Single Battles in Lets Go so Wave's effectiveness is severely limited.
- Once again, I'm seeing a lot with Mega Drain but not with Giga Drain. Hmm.
- Stealth Rock is TM, where is your Arcues now? Okay, it's normally a Tutor move so not as big of a deal, though for those hoping for a hazardless meta the jokes on you. Especially with Defog not to be anywhere in sight. But don't worry, there's still Rapid Spin, you just need a member of the Squirtle, Sandshrew, or Staryu family. Such a well of options. :P
- Notable missing TMs: Psyshock, Weather Summoning TMs, Safeguard, Return (and Frustration), Aerial Ace, Attract, Focus Blast, Energy Ball, Shadow Claw, Stone Edge, Giga Impact, Grass Knot, & Trick Room.
- Flying- and Grass-types really got the short end of the stick here.

Also guessing TMs for Gym Leaders: Brock is Rock Slide (unless he pulls out a Stealth Rock strategy), Misty is Scald, Lt. Surge is Thunderbolt, Erika is Solar Beam, Koga is Poison Jab/Sludge Bomb, Sabrina is Psychic, Blaine is Flamethrower/Fire Blast, and Giovanni is Earthquake. Okay, not really that hard to figure out though would be an upgrade for Brock and Misty.

Alolan Trades: Hmm, so if I'm reading the data file right the trades are all in the same location(?) but vary in level so probably become available at different points in the game. Also, some are version exclusive :facepalm:. Vulpix and Meowth for Eevee, Sandshrew and Grimer for Pikachu. Oddly you can get Alolan Raichu in both versions, you'd think if any would be version exclusive it would be that one (with Eevee getting Marowak or Exeggutor).

Post Game Gym Leader Re-Matches: Very nice, do that for the core series as well. What are their post game teams?

Mega Stones: Relegated to post game AGAIN. Why even bother including them if you're not going to do anything interesting with them? Like did you think including them (and not adding in any new ones) would really be that much of a marketing push? Though while we're on the subject, did they give Pinsir any Flying-type moves?

Champion Rival: So Trace becomes Rival? Okay, I guess. Not that I have anything against him, which is the problem, cause even though you kept beating Blue in the original games his high-and-might attitude kept you wanting to keep knocking him down. But Trace is friendly, and since you beat him throughout the story you know you're better than him and he's not going to take issue with that, so kind of drains the emotional drive the Blue Champion battle had. I'm just proving I'm once again better than Trace, instead of knocking Blue down one final time and having his own grandfather berate him. ~Whoo.

Original Trainer Battles: So looks like Blue, Green, and Red are all post game, especially Red. Blue and Green looks like they're meant to be battled right after you complete the main game, though I have no idea when you're intended to face Red (they better not lock it behind the Master Trainers...). Looking at their teams:
- You call that a Pikachu, Red? Machamp and Arcanine is new, though that's because the Starters we spread between the three. And though Arcanine is usually associated with Blue he has a Charizard so doesn't need it while Red got Venusaur. Interesting choice, though Bulbasaur is #1 and was the Starter that Red was given in the Adventure's manga. Looking at moves... MEGA DRAIN?! Okay, is Giga Drain even in the game? Also why does Machamp have Fire Blast and Hyper Beam? And Ice Shard over Ice Beam or Blizzard on Lapras seems a bit off. Though otherwise everything looks fine.
- Green and Blue look fine, Green getting Blastoise and Blue getting Charizard. They have a nice looking and varied team with pretty good movesets.

Why did they give Melmetal’s signature move a chance to flinch when it has base 34 speed?
Because I think its clear that by now the GF departments which decide a Pokemon's Stats, creating new Moves, and assigning Abilities don't talk or check in with each other to make sure what they're doing makes sense when put together.

I'm actually furious that we couldn't get walking pokemon, gym leader rematches, and postgame super bosses for all of gen 6 and 7 yet somehow they all ended up in baby's first pokemon game over here.
Well for walking Pokemon they do have only the original 151 + Meltan family to worry about (and though USUM had walking/running animations for all Pokemon there was probably so additional problems especially with the very big Pokemon they introduced in later games).

However not having the Gym Leader re-matches and post game super bosses is very disappointing as there's no reason to not have them, at least the Gym rematches.

My goodness. Try ranking these from best to worst.
Well, since you asked, from best to worst: Bouncy Bubble, Sizzly Slide, Glitzy Glow, Sparkly Swirl, Sappy Seed, Freezy Frost, Veevee Volley, Floaty Fall, Pika Papow, Zippy Zap, Buzzy Buzz, Splishy Splash, Baddy Bad.

If you can't tell, I really hate baby speak.

So Kaphoptics is saying that there are no Pokemon models beyond the original 151, Meltan, and Melmetal in the game. Makes sense, since that probably saves a LOT on space.
What about the Mega Evolutions?
Wonder how Nuzlocke rules are going to get around this one: One of the gym's prerequisites is having 50 different species captured in your dex.
Man some of these are ridiculous.

(the obvious solution being catch extra Pokemon to meet requirement but you're not allowed to use them?)
... And that prepares me for the Gym, how?

As for Nuzlockes, since it's just for the Dex, after your "first encounter" just catch other Pokemon and trade them in for Candy.

Infact, since you're expect to do that, nuzlocking this game would probably require that anyway as you may very well need Candy Boosts to help you progress.

Pikachu315111

Absorb and Mega Drain have been updated, with Absorb having 40 in power and 15 PP and Mega Drain having 75 in power and 10 PP. So, Mega Drain = Giga Drain, and I suppose Giga Drain has either been axed or something else.

Perhaps the developers are removing redundant moves and retooling some existing moves, so maybe Self-Destruct could simply replace Explosion as well, alongside other similar attacks.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Pikachu315111

Absorb and Mega Drain have been updated, with Absorb having 40 in power and 15 PP and Mega Drain having 75 in power and 10 PP. So, Mega Drain = Giga Drain, and I suppose Giga Drain has either been axed or something else.

Perhaps the developers are removing redundant moves and retooling some existing moves, so maybe Self-Destruct could simply replace Explosion as well, alongside other similar attacks.
I know, I'm just curious about Giga Drain's status due to the Power increase of Mega Drain. I'm glad to see they're updating moves, but I think Mega being made 60 and Giga being made 80 would make more sense and not make Giga irrelevant. Either Giga is now 90+ or has been removed, though I doubt the latter so the former is more likely. Only other thing I can see is that Giga heals more HP or targets multiple opponents.

I'd rather they'd retool a move instead of getting rid of it, because that's one less new move they'd need to make if they can just give an old move a desired effect. Like if Self-Destruct and Explosion, I think they should be the same Power but have one be Special and the other Physical, that way not only does a Pokemon only need one of them depending on how their stats lean but Special Attackers would have a kamikaze move if they want it.

Original Trainer Battles: So looks like Blue, Green, and Red are all post game, especially Red. Blue and Green looks like they're meant to be battled right after you complete the main game, though I have no idea when you're intended to face Red (they better not lock it behind the Master Trainers...). Looking at their teams:
- You call that a Pikachu, Red? Machamp and Arcanine is new, though that's because the Starters we spread between the three. And though Arcanine is usually associated with Blue he has a Charizard so doesn't need it while Red got Venusaur. Interesting choice, though Bulbasaur is #1 and was the Starter that Red was given in the Adventure's manga. Looking at moves... MEGA DRAIN?! Okay, is Giga Drain even in the game? Also why does Machamp have Fire Blast and Hyper Beam? And Ice Shard over Ice Beam or Blizzard on Lapras seems a bit off. Though otherwise everything looks fine.
- Green and Blue look fine, Green getting Blastoise and Blue getting Charizard. They have a nice looking and varied team with pretty good movesets.
While I'm sure you and other people might have already made the connection, for anyone that hasn't yet/wasn't around for Gen 1: I think that the starters being split between Red, Green and Blue is a reference to this original artwork from the R/B era:

(I still get fond memories thinking about kid me seeing this for the first time in the instruction manual and how badass it was. Damn, I miss the watercolour art...)

Last edited:
- Why doesn't Glitzy Glow, Baddy Bad, Freezy Frost, and Sparkly Swirl not get any secondary effect?.
Bouncy Bubble is said to have none based on the image posted other than its "recoil", so I'm guessing they just don't "Inflict" anything and have a primary rather than secondary effect.

A moment of silence for the Pokémon that need Focus Blast (mainly Alakazam and my hopes of using Mr. Meme in-game)
But there are no Dark-types and only two Steel-types. Six and four respectively if we count Alolan forms (and two of the Dark-types are neutral to Fighting anyways). Six for both if we also count Meltan and Melmetal.

But there are no Dark-types and only two Steel-types. Six and four respectively if we count Alolan forms (and two of the Dark-types are neutral to Fighting anyways). Six for both if we also count Meltan and Melmetal.
You forgot Mega Gyarados which is going to be a really major target.

Anyway, if Zam can get Focus Blast through level-up, or if you transfer one from Go, it won't be a problem that the TM is missing.

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
All these people freaking out about moves that are no longer TMs but nobody noticed the most widespread coverage option of them all: Hidden Power :bloblul:

Seeing as nothing in gen 1 currently gets it via level up, there's a chance it's not even in the game.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
If I've understood Candy boosts correctly, that they cap out at a flat +200 to all stats, I think we can lay the concept of "shitmons" to rest, at least for in-game purposes where opponents are presumably un-boosted. At level 50, a neutral-nature Seaking with full Candy boosts and no EVs can have 340 HP, 297 Attack, 270 Defense, 270 Sp.Atk, 285 Sp.Def, and 273 Speed. By contrast, current-gen Arceus at level 100 with a neutral nature and no EVs has 350 HP and 249 in all the other stats. And Seaking's stats are before friendship boosts are applied.

Do we know how transferring from Pokemon Go works? Alalazam learns Focus Blast in that game.
We don't have any concrete info on how transfers work from the footage, but the tweets are starting up again so you might get that answered soon.
Also guessing TMs for Gym Leaders: Brock is Rock Slide (unless he pulls out a Stealth Rock strategy), Misty is Scald, Lt. Surge is Thunderbolt, Erika is Solar Beam, Koga is Poison Jab/Sludge Bomb, Sabrina is Psychic, Blaine is Flamethrower/Fire Blast, and Giovanni is Earthquake. Okay, not really that hard to figure out though would be an upgrade for Brock and Misty.
Brock's TM is the simple Headbutt, confirmed in a chinese video that shows his full post battle dialogue. I think Erika's going to be Mega Drain as in the trailers showing Vileplume using it.

If I've understood Candy boosts correctly, that they cap out at a flat +200 to all stats, I think we can lay the concept of "shitmons" to rest, at least for in-game purposes where opponents are presumably un-boosted. At level 50, a neutral-nature Seaking with full Candy boosts and no EVs can have 340 HP, 297 Attack, 270 Defense, 270 Sp.Atk, 285 Sp.Def, and 273 Speed. By contrast, current-gen Arceus at level 100 with a neutral nature and no EVs has 350 HP and 249 in all the other stats. And Seaking's stats are before friendship boosts are applied.
Looking back at USUM, you can bet they will have some of those candy boosts (wouldnt be surprised if RGB ran full spreads)

That TM list is soooo good. The vast majority of the moves on there are perfect for battles and not unusable early-game or gimmicky trash (except for like Hyper Beam but that being a TM is bound to always exist). Creating competitively usable movesets with that TM set will be very easy in Let's Go games. But yeah probably one of the best executed TM lists so far of any TM list that has been made.
I wonder, maybe they brought Gen1 Hyper Beam back, this being sort of a Gen1 game and all. I doubt it, but honestly it would be pretty cool to have Hyper Beam back as a high risk, high reward move.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
All these people freaking out about moves that are no longer TMs but nobody noticed the most widespread coverage option of them all: Hidden Power :bloblul:

Seeing as nothing in gen 1 currently gets it via level up, there's a chance it's not even in the game.
Since Let's Go allows trade compatibility with Go, Hidden Power may still have to be coded since mons that learn it in Go, such as Porygon and Starmie, can be transferred over.

Anyone's guess regarding Giga Drain, though.

Couldn’t you do the same thing for all the good mons and still leave the badmons outclassed?

sister

Banned deucer.
Couldn’t you do the same thing for all the good mons and still leave the badmons outclassed?
Ya, technically, but for in-game purposes, if the above theory is correct, you could use any mon to extremely successful lengths. Sure, using a Dragonite will be /more/ successful than say, Butterfree, but that doesn't necessarily mean Butterfree is a shitmon. Atleast not in this case. Such a feature seems to fall right in line with Let's Go's design philosophy of 'make the game accessible for literally everyone.'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)