Pokemon Masters

New trailer, showcasing Dawn/Turtwig, Wally/Gallade, Lillie/Clefairy, Sygna Suit Blue/Mega Blastoise, Sygna Suit Leaf/Mega Venusaur, as well as a Charmander hatching from an egg. AND A RAINBOW WING IN SILVER'S HAND.

Last edited:

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I have both Lycanroc and Metagross, who should I focus the resources on to level up and grow it?
If you mean Kukui and Lycanroc, then Metagross is far better, period.

If you mean Olivia and Lycanroc, the decision is harder. Lycanroc is better as a self-sufficient unit, but I believe that a full grid Metagross would let you win more content. I think it depends if you unlocked the full grid (by getting Steven Stone three times): Metagross if you did, Lycanroc if you didn't.

If you mean Kukui and Lycanroc, then Metagross is far better, period.

If you mean Olivia and Lycanroc, the decision is harder. Lycanroc is better as a self-sufficient unit, but I believe that a full grid Metagross would let you win more content. I think it depends if you unlocked the full grid (by getting Steven Stone three times): Metagross if you did, Lycanroc if you didn't.
Yes is Olivia. Today is only my 3rd day of playing, so definitely not full grid. So at this moment should I just go for Lycanroc first?

Last edited:

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Then yes, Lycanroc is definitely the better choice.

I'd also advise you to use any free gem you get into getting Red. It is simply the best unit since today. If I were you, since you only played for three days, I'd even reset the game as many times as I need to get Red + another non-Glalie non-Reuniclus 5 stars.

I'd also advise you to use any free gem you get into getting Red. It is simply the best unit since today. If I were you, since you only played for three days, I'd even reset the game as many times as I need to get Red + another non-Glalie non-Reuniclus 5 stars.
Nice, thanks buddy, appreciate the advice

Anyways, right now I am struggling with picking proper supports.
Right now my striker will be Lycanroc, and I have these support right now:
- Serperior (Rosa)
- Swanna (Skyla)
- Probopass (Roxanne)
- Stoutland (Cheren)
- Torchic (Player)

Which 2 should I pick at the moment while I am waiting for better support?

Thanks in advance

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
Since Lycanroc is good on its own, it doesn't need much support.

I'd say that Serperior is the best support since it replenishes the gauge, which is the only form of support Lycanroc needs. Then I'd go with either Torchic (raises the attack) or Stoutland (additional gauge). Probably Torchic because additional gauge might be overkill at this point.

So the Rotom event seems to be pretty alright for gathering materials and for the 6 month celebrations missions. Kinda tedious to actually collect everything, though.

Since Lycanroc is good on its own, it doesn't need much support.

I'd say that Serperior is the best support since it replenishes the gauge, which is the only form of support Lycanroc needs. Then I'd go with either Torchic (raises the attack) or Stoutland (additional gauge). Probably Torchic because additional gauge might be overkill at this point.
Gotcha! What will be the 2 best support for Lycanroc in the game though? Dusclops? Oshawott ? Or just stick to Serperior and Torchic regardless of whatever other support I get?

Last edited:

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
Gotcha! What will be the 2 best support for Lycanroc in the game though? Dusclops? Oshawott ? Or just stick to Serperior and Torchic regardless of whatever other support I get?
For most single content, Lycanroc, Serperior and Torchic is enough, by far. The only interrogation mark is about the Battle Villa, but since it released today, we don't know yet what is the best.

Any tips to Battle Villa? I managed to beat Hall 7 on day one, but only managed to do two more Halls yesterday and just beat Hall 9. Seems way too difficult to actually finish Hall 25 by the end of this first round. Also, buffs don't get carried over to the next battle, right?

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
The most important thing: quit and try again.

You have no penalty for quitting before the end, you'll just start over, with the HP and PP recovered. You can try different things, negate the hax you received, even force the hax you give. I am currently at stage 14, I spent one hour yesterday to find a way to lose after killing everyone but the boss. I finally did it by increasing my evasion and resetting until I dodge two of the three moves.

After beating a boss, when you are offered a prize, don't take the random one. It is something like an Elite 4 Note that you can get elsewhere. Go for the Villa buff instead.

I don't have any other tip unfortunately, you'll need many great Pokémon at level 120 to have a chance. But you can try different things each round and see what works best.

Ye I don't have many 120s right now, which could be a bit of an issue. Also haven't really invested in sync grids, either. They did say in the latest newsletter that they're going to look to improve on sync grids, so I'm hoping at the very least that it'll be easier to farm orbs.

After beating a boss, when you are offered a prize, don't take the random one. It is something like an Elite 4 Note that you can get elsewhere. Go for the Villa buff instead.
I think that reward changes with the boss you beat. In Sawyers case it should be those lucky scrolls, which you need 5 of to get a skill for 1 character.

EDIT: a slight revision, you need 5 for a 5 star, 4 for a 4 star, and 3 for a 3 star. Sawyer only gives 2, so if you want an immediate skill, you will need the bonus. However i think the treats have more value, havent seen the lucky skills.

Last edited:
tfw your teammates attack when they should buff and buff when they should attack, so you end up not being able to do a unity attack for the current mission.

After my initial discontent with Battle Villa, I've managed to get to Hall 25 with Bronzong down to around 65% health today. If all goes well, I should be able to finish this before the end of this round. I will admit I have a lot of pretty good Pokemon, but not many of them are maxed out at level 120 and only Charizard has any form of sync grid investment. The rewards are kind of garbage for what it is, however. I managed to get Critical Strike 2 on my Charizard, and I have to wait a while before being able to try again for Power Flux 3.

Charizard is OP, and Houndoom is surprisingly good, thanks to Snarl being able to lower opponents' SpA.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
After my initial discontent with Battle Villa, I've managed to get to Hall 25 with Bronzong down to around 65% health today. If all goes well, I should be able to finish this before the end of this round. I will admit I have a lot of pretty good Pokemon, but not many of them are maxed out at level 120 and only Charizard has any form of sync grid investment. The rewards are kind of garbage for what it is, however. I managed to get Critical Strike 2 on my Charizard, and I have to wait a while before being able to try again for Power Flux 3.

Charizard is OP, and Houndoom is surprisingly good, thanks to Snarl being able to lower opponents' SpA.
Have to disagree on the rewards being garbage. While Power Flux 3 Charizard is probably the strongest investment purely because it's a free 18%-30% power boost (3 bar heat wave vs 6 bar blast burn) on pretty much indisputably the best character in the game, other stuff like Clearheaded Rayquaza, Dauntless Sceptile/Rayquaza, or Vigilance on tanks like Mew are able to provide a huge boost to the way those characters play.

The RNG is a little annoying though.

Have to disagree on the rewards being garbage. While Power Flux 3 Charizard is probably the strongest investment purely because it's a free 18%-30% power boost (3 bar heat wave vs 6 bar blast burn) on pretty much indisputably the best character in the game, other stuff like Clearheaded Rayquaza, Dauntless Sceptile/Rayquaza, or Vigilance on tanks like Mew are able to provide a huge boost to the way those characters play.

The RNG is a little annoying though.
Ye I meant to say the quantity we're getting per challenge period is really garbage. Or rather, the early stage rewards are garbage. Unless I'm missing something and I can actually get another Cookie to roll for Power Flux 3? I think we only get one more at the end of this period for clearing Hall 15. Hopefully they make the Cookies a bit more accessible, because at the rate we're getting them and the rate they're pushing pairs out (hello Alakazam and Mismagius next week), it's very unlikely to be able to get the right skill on enough pairs.

Can anyone remind me on how many scout points each 300 gem roll gets you? I'm just seeing if I can get to 400 on the red banner to get something like Kris or Phoebe.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
Can anyone remind me on how many scout points each 300 gem roll gets you? I'm just seeing if I can get to 400 on the red banner to get something like Kris or Phoebe.
300 gems is 3 scout points, you need a total of 40000 gems for the free pick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)