Pokemon Merchandise thread

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
While searching to see if there was any hints toward the Pokemon segment of tomorrow's Nintendo Direct, I did discover some Pokemon related merch:

First, Build-A-Bear Workshop and Pokemon are at it again, but instead of Pikachu its Eevee this time:

Looks neat right? Well TOO BAD! All these additional accessories were online exclusive that had gone up earlier today... and are now completely sold out. You can still get a normal Eevee though, it just won't have the Eevee Cape, Pokeball Sleeper, sound chip, and the exclusive TCG card.

Going over to PokemonCenter.com (mainly the new releases), the news I saw that grabbed my intention was a collection of Gen I menu sprite merchandise. However it looks like they're also bringing over the Mega Evolution costumed Pikachu plush and more of the Kuttari plush (the pillows, this time in Pichu, Piplup, Gardevoir, Croagunk, Chespin, Ampharos, & Victini flavor), among other things.

Wait, I thought Pokémon didn't even like crossing over with other Nintendo franchises, Smash Bros. notwithstanding.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Wait, I thought Pokémon didn't even like crossing over with other Nintendo franchises, Smash Bros. notwithstanding.
What gave you that idea? Now this would require more communication that the other dressed up Pikachu plush since GF is a second party developer and not first, they have to get Nintendo's approval to do this (and vice versa which is why we don't see Pokemon stuff in Animal Crossing). Though at the same time since they are a second party developer of Nintendo (not to mention Nintendo is a co-owner of the Pokemon Company) it probably wasn't that difficult to do. So why do it now instead of earlier? Well a crossover is suppose to be something special so they were probably waiting for something special, say like the reveal of Nintendo's newest console.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
I'll let these speak for themselves:

You can see all the Mario Pikachu merch here.
Figures that two of my favorite Pokemon happen to be the cheep-cheep and goomba that's getting smacked away by Pikario. .-.

But seriously, it's amazing how well the Pokemon replacements work in that picture. Makes you wonder just how many Pokemon designs may have been inspired by Mario and other Nintendo franchises.

Figures that two of my favorite Pokemon happen to be the cheep-cheep and goomba that's getting smacked away by Pikario. .-.

But seriously, it's amazing how well the Pokemon replacements work in that picture. Makes you wonder just how many Pokemon designs may have been inspired by Mario and other Nintendo franchises.
It's not so much that they're based on each other, more that both series have a wide variety of creatures based on the same very basic concepts. Mushrooms, flowers, turtles, fish...

Reactions: Xen

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
It's not so much that they're based on each other, more that both series have a wide variety of creatures based on the same very basic concepts. Mushrooms, flowers, turtles, fish...
True. It still does make you wonder though. Shroomish in particular seems like it could've drawn some inspiration from the goomba, for example.

So it seems that the Pokémon Center has done a restock on a few of their plushes. I had been eyeing the shiny mega metagross plush that has been out of stock for quite some time now and as of last week it's been restocked and I couldn't be happier. Jumped on that immediately since it's out of production and we don't know if there will ever be another restock. Just thought I'd let you guys know if anyone else was banking on a restock of a plush they missed out on. Outside of the shiny mega metagross I'm not sure what others got a restock but it doesn't hurt to check!

As a side not I thought I'd share a lil story ab this. So I hatched a flawless jolly shiny beldum a few weeks ago on September 25th. Figured to celebrate I would purchase the shiny mega metagross plush I always wanted. Checked the Pokémon Center and they were sold out, as were all of the places on amazon. I called the Pokémon Center and the Nintendo world store in NYC to see if they planned to restock him (even tho I figured not since he was originally released almost 2 years ago) and they both said they didn't see anything in their database about a possible restock. I ended up purchasing one from Japan off eBay from a popular and trusted third party seller, but for double the price as the Pokémon Center originally sold him for, plus the tags would be in Japanese. I was honestly just happy I found a place to get one and purchased it. Then last week while still waiting for the Japanese one to ship here, I see the Pokémon Center restocked him. Smh. So now I already received the English one from the PC and am waiting on the Japanese one to arrive. Now the question is do I keep the japense one also like the nerd am I? We'll see how I feel when he gets here.

Last edited:
Is this the right place to ask this?
Putting this in a spoiler tag just to be safe(The legends and starters above aren't spoilered)... mods please remove the tag if it isn't necessary, as I want as many people as possible to see this if they have any idea
Does anyone have any idea whether S/M might be at a discount for Black Friday?? I don't know since it's a new release, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Is this the right place to ask this?
Putting this in a spoiler tag just to be safe(The legends and starters above aren't spoilered)... mods please remove the tag if it isn't necessary, as I want as many people as possible to see this if they have any idea
Does anyone have any idea whether S/M might be at a discount for Black Friday?? I don't know since it's a new release, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
The answer to the first question is no. I also don't think there will be any specific sale on Sun/Moon. Video games, especially popular ones and also especially Nintendo ones, rarely go on sale. You'd more likely see a permanent price drop thanks to Nintendo Selects than a temporary one. We may have instances where individual stores might do, like, a buy 2 get 1 free sale (like Target is this week on all video game and video game accessories), but nothing in particular.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!

Available for USA.
Pokeball heart shaped coin purses.

Looks very finely made to me, I would like one. But it doesn't seem to release in Japan.

It also has a bag.

Are we allowed to post our own merchandise collection on this thread or is it strictly for upcoming releases? Feel like a lot of people who end up on a competitive Pokemon website nay have some sort of collection from the franchise and it could help boost the activity on this thread (plus I have some things I'd love to share hehe).

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Are we allowed to post our own merchandise collection on this thread or is it strictly for upcoming releases? Feel like a lot of people who end up on a competitive Pokemon website nay have some sort of collection from the franchise and it could help boost the activity on this thread (plus I have some things I'd love to share hehe).
Go right ahead! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)