Pokemon Nationals Shenanigans: A thread of joyous daydreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah bummer :(
then I guess I'll just hope to make worlds and everybody can play sports together then. c:
I'll have a football we can throw around somewhere, like in a parking garage or something. There's always room for football. However, I'm not too keen on playing full contact on concrete XD

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'll have a football we can throw around somewhere, like in a parking garage or something. There's always room for football. However, I'm not too keen on playing full contact on concrete XD
You don't throw a football unless you're in goal. What the fuck are you even talking about? There's no other variety than full contact, just watch the slides on the concrete.

You don't throw a football unless you're in goal. What the fuck are you even talking about? There's no other variety than full contact, just watch the slides on the concrete.
He is talking about american football.

edit: I'm in for throwing/playing american football.

I'd like to join this!

Anyways, I can't quite decided if I should wear my worlds shirt or not...

Speaking of shirts, going to wear my Drifloon hat as per usual. Hopefully will also have a Drifloon T shirt in time as well.

I'll do American football, but not much good at it!

You quoted Dozz and said Zachdro was talking about american football. Zachdro thought I was when I wasn't, so Dozz called him out on it.
So you saying "He is talking about american football" is redundant.

Ik, I'm just saying on what zachdro said. Not on what you were saying.
So what is this ^ for...?

EDIT:
Silly Dozz, that's called soccer. Your own country even corrected soccer's lack of manliness problem by creating rugby.

"Soccer is called the beautiful game. But football is chess, played with real pieces that try to knock each other's brains out. It doesn't get any more beautiful than that."

And LOOK HERE, even people that migrated here from Great Britain (I would call it GB but that really stands for Green Bay) understand.
Zachdro are you serious?? I'm not going to waste my hundredth post on this, but I can still clarify some things with an edit. Soccer?? I wasn't aware that in american football you control the ball with your feet. REAL Football requires far more skill, as demonstrated in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0eiF8vaylA&feature=player_embedded
I also don't understand how you can call your "American" football a sport when the players are dying because they are so fat.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2313476
"Today, 56 percent of all players on NFL rosters are categorized as obese."
Zachdro, I have no problem with American Football, I have played it myself and enjoyed it. But I don't like that you ignorantly put other sports down.

Silly Dozz, that's called soccer. Your own country even corrected soccer's lack of manliness problem by creating rugby.

"Soccer is called the beautiful game. But football is chess, played with real pieces that try to knock each other's brains out. It doesn't get any more beautiful than that."

And LOOK HERE, even people that migrated here from Great Britain (I would call it GB but that really stands for Green Bay) understand.

You quoted Dozz and said Zachdro was talking about american football. Zachdro thought I was when I wasn't, so Dozz called him out on it.
So you saying "He is talking about american football" is redundant.
I was just clarifying on what zachdro said, ok.

Ok, when someone says football, just say either american or real.

Edit:
EDIT:

Zachdro are you serious?? I'm not going to waste my hundredth post on this, but I can still clarify some things with an edit. Soccer?? I wasn't aware that in american football you control the ball with your feet. REAL Football requires far more skill, as demonstrated in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0eiF8vaylA&feature=player_embedded
I also don't understand how you can call your "American" football a sport when the players are dying because they are so fat.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2313476
"Today, 56 percent of all players on NFL rosters are categorized as obese."
Zachdro, I have no problem with American Football, I have played it myself and enjoyed it. But I don't like that you ignorantly put other sports down.
ok, I can see that real football (or soccer) can take more skill than american football. Which is amazing!!!! Also didn't realize that 56% of the football players are obese........

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Really? How has this argument popped up again. They're different sports, and people like different ones. The naming conventions are odd, but, that's life.

On a semi-serious note. I was talking to Alphabet123 about this, and he's game for this. There are apparently some fields within the reach of public transport, Or. We can find a grass patch or any nearby sports court, and go for some wembley singles or such as I don't think we're gonna have enough for a team game. Kickabouts are always fun and don't have to last too long in the ridic heat. I' not too fussed, but people seem game for this.

PS. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0GESlaVNdE Moments like that mean I'm a bigger fan of English football. Still get chills.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Zachdro, please, seriously man. Dozz is being too nice, but i wont

American football is nice and all, I enjoy it very much, but comparing it to Actual football, and calling it better is like comparing chuck norris to bruce lee in both their primes, and saying chuck norris was better in hand to hand combat.

In America maybe, yes, american football is better, but if we step back and up the scale from america to the entire damn planet, American football is NOT better. hell if i lived to be 100 years, American football would still never be as popular or considered better as REAL football(which was here first by the way). again, in america, American football is already more popular, but as far as the whole world is concerned, Real football is much more popular. i'll even go further and say that on a global scale, American football will never surpass Real football. Plus american football has a lot of competition in america alone, like the NBA and MLB

oh by the way, Real football also has the more passionate fans.

And yes, i intentionally never used the word soccer in the above on purpose, and replaced it with "Real football" at every instance. Take that however you like, but i have no problem referring to football as soccer

also on the topic of Dozz's argument on the naming
Really? How has this argument popped up again. They're different sports, and people like different ones. The naming conventions are odd, but, that's life.
I was reminded of this picture

Zachdro, please, seriously man. Dozz is being too nice, but i wont

American football is nice and all, I enjoy it very much, but comparing it to Actual football, and calling it better is like comparing chuck norris to bruce lee in both their primes, and saying chuck norris was better in hand to hand combat.

In America maybe, yes, american football is better, but if we step back and up the scale from america to the entire damn planet, American football is NOT better. hell if i lived to be 100 years, American football would still never be as popular or considered better as REAL football(which was here first by the way). again, in america, American football is already more popular, but as far as the whole world is concerned, Real football is much more popular. i'll even go further and say that on a global scale, American football will never surpass Real football. Plus american football has a lot of competition in america alone, like the NBA and MLB

oh by the way, Real football also has the more passionate fans.

And yes, i intentionally never used the word soccer in the above on purpose, and replaced it with "Real football" at every instance. Take that however you like, but i have no problem referring to football as soccer

also on the topic of Dozz's argument on the naming
I was reminded of this picture
XD I was just doing the conventional argument for argument's sake. Nothing to be taken too seriously obviously.

Oh yeah and 5 days till nats! :D Any idea when Steak N Shake is happening on Friday yet?

^I too would like to know when SNS is happening! I don't know how big it is, but hopefully it can house enough of us. lol

Also anyone down to put on fancywear and go out on the town? Clubs, bars, whatever works. It's my first real outing since summer started so it'd be cool to do something fun.

Oh and btw people, I know I already posted about it, but in the off chance i don't make it in time to pre reg, then I'll be up early in the morning waiting in line with munchkin, so if anybody else is in line and wants to play a game, just come find me, I'll be wearing my skarmbliss shirt and the pikachu hat my sister crocheted for me for my birthday.

I don't know if this is actually a thing, but is there really a pool party Friday? If so, my sister wants someone to change the date because we can't do it Friday. Also, I'm officially bringing a game of werewolf to nats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)