Pokemon Seminar - Maximizing Your Odds of Winning (August 14th, 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the seminar everyone, it was really useful. I built a team today using the stuff I learned and i'm 6-1 right now, so thats good news.

Thanks for those who saved the log, as I missed it. Thanks heaps to those who organised it, I learnt alot.

I have made a new team looking at the log and the usage statistics along with multiple RMT threads so I have made a team that has been doing quite well. I realized the importance of scouting and not suiciding unless NECESSARY which is one of the main reasons I am no longer using a Metagross lead because if I use a Metagross lead I can possibly be at a 6-5 advantage and I do not know if they have a rapid spinner or not and we both reveal two pokemon.

So it was either not to use a Metagross lead with Explosion or look at other leads. So right now I am using a Machamp lead *very original I know*, and it is almost always putting me in some sort of advantage forcing at least one switch helping me know their team, what sets they use and after it has done its job it is easily expendable to help me get switch advantage and scout even more.

I want to say that I knew quite a bit of the information placed here. I remember in one of my battles, I kept spamming Crunch with my Tyranitar, (In one such instance, it was against a Bronzong that I knew didn't have Gyro Ball). Later, my opponent brought in a Heatran, and immediately tried using Earth Power to catch me on the switch, only to be KO'd by a surprise Earthquake. Another thing was the comment that a team should fit you like a glove. I had a Sand Storm team once, that I had used for over six months, the metagame had shifted completely, but because I knew my team so well, I was able to continue pulling victories with it, long after it's hayday.

Regardless, I learned quite a lot of new things from this seminar, and I am quite glad that I took the time to read over it. I sincerely hope that I can squeeze myself into the next round of Tutoring, as I hope to improve my game even more. (For now, I'm gonna go apply this knowledge into making a new team.)

Cherio, and thanks for all the help guys.

It kind of figures this would happen. Friend of mine gets me hooked on Pokemon again, and we talk about trying to do competitive stuff, and I miss this seminar.

Guess I'll have to keep my eyes out for another.

Thanks Veedrock. That log helps so much! I read the whole thing. Made an abstract? team and my record is technically 2-1, but I had to leave... would have been 3-0... Anyways I was parahaxed too. Really helps when you read it just once.

I wish I knew when the next round of Smogon Tutorship Program begins, I really need to get better. I'm barely scraping by as an average battler, and even then only sometimes.
===sabedit===
nvm, I should learn to read better >.> Round 47 is the "Last" one.

I have a question that I would like to ask please. I just managed to get the logs and will read them later so I don't know if it went well or not yet, but would people consider ever having another seminar again just for the heck of it?

I wish I knew when the next round of Smogon Tutorship Program begins, I really need to get better. I'm barely scraping by as an average battler, and even then only sometimes.
===sabedit===
nvm, I should learn to read better >.> Round 47 is the "Last" one.
Round 47 may the last round, but it shouldn't ever end. Once the list of people goes down, one of the B101 staff opens the thread for more people to sign up. Just keep your eyes open for when that happens.

I have a question that I would like to ask please. I just managed to get the logs and will read them later so I don't know if it went well or not yet, but would people consider ever having another seminar again just for the heck of it?
I'm pretty sure they are planning to do more.

I just finished reading the logs and sounds like it went good except for the length of time you all had. I really wish I can say I learned some things but reading all that stuff things just went in one ear and out the other. Guess I'll just have to keep reading until it soaks in, thanks for posting the logs.

@Arcanine: Take notes, and while you do, repeat it out loud to yourself, this way you are storing the information in multiples ways, after writing the notes, re-read and analyze what you wrote, to make sure you understand the sentence, not just the words contained in it.

@DJ: I know this, which is why I check back every now and again.

Nice seminar. Too bad I missed it. :(

It would have been awesome to be there.

Hopefully, I'll be there at the next one. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)