Pokemon Showdown bug reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed that Magic Room doesn't work properly.
http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-ou3208
In this battle, towards the end, my Gothitelle used Magic Room, and in the next turn, the opponent's Donphan's Leftovers activated. Also, my Haxorus was holding a Choice Band, but when I used Dragon Dance, I got locked into Dragon Dance.
This also happened another time, when a Focus Sash activated within the turns that Magic Room was in effect.

Rayquaza's airlock doesn't work properly
I was running a scarf set and got outspend by a venasuar
I think this happened because sun was "up" and airlock didn't negate the weather, because I should have outspeed that but I didn't. There were no stat boosts involved or anything

because the team orders are always the same, you can see which pokemon is disguised as zoroark.

Isn't really a bug, but maybe randomize the orders shown during battle?

Today, i was battling and one of my pokemon died. I brought in my tauros and proceeded to use the move retaliate. It did 29%. Thinking this was odd, i tried it again and it did 34%.
I think this might be a bug because i did not receive the boost the time i used the move. The pokemon i had in died from an attack, not from indirect damage so i was guarenteed the boost. Just thought id report this because it cost me the game and needs to be fixed.

Today, i was battling and one of my pokemon died. I brought in my tauros and proceeded to use the move retaliate. It did 29%. Thinking this was odd, i tried it again and it did 34%.
I think this might be a bug because i did not receive the boost the time i used the move. The pokemon i had in died from an attack, not from indirect damage so i was guarenteed the boost. Just thought id report this because it cost me the game and needs to be fixed.
The Retaliate effect has not been implemented yet.

When I was spectating, the foe's opponent's Floatzel's Flame Orb activated, but it didnt burned for some strange reasons. http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-nu8224
Floatzel has the ability Water Veil, which prevents burn. Although, the Orb should not activate at all if the Pokemon is immune.

I hate to report this because it helped me out, but everytime my snivy used leaf storm it boosted his spec. attack by +2 instead of lowering it. Didn't get a picture

Not sure whether or not this has happened to anybody else. I was in the middle of the battle, and for some reason when it switched my view from mine to my opponent's.

When I was switching or using Volt Switch, I had my opponent's view of switching Pokémon. It would switch my Pokémon, not my opponent's, however if I wanted to switch to Thundurus-T in position 6, I was unable to the entire match because his Espeon had fainted, leaving him - and therefore me - unable to click position 6. Eventually my opponent was kind enough to forfeit because I had the advantage, but was unable to do anything because after using Volt Swtich on Rotom-W, I could not select a Pokémon to send out.

I've played friendly matches with my friend in real life many times. Once he used Substitute, so i decided to lock him into Substitute by using Encore however it said it failed therefore you cannot Encore a pokemon behind a Substitute. This is not the case in in PS. I use Substitute, then my opponent used Encore, and I'm locked into Substitute, which can't happen. Just a little bug I found that should be fixed.

The teambuilder is saying that Agility is illegal on Deoxys-D when it obviously isn't (learn it via level up in speed form then change it back to defense form)

I've played friendly matches with my friend in real life many times. Once he used Substitute, so i decided to lock him into Substitute by using Encore however it said it failed therefore you cannot Encore a pokemon behind a Substitute. This is not the case in in PS. I use Substitute, then my opponent used Encore, and I'm locked into Substitute, which can't happen. Just a little bug I found that should be fixed.
You can indeed lock someone into Substitute. I do it all the time with my Prankster Liepard. It's also one of the main reasons Whimsicott carries Encore. To prevent setting up.

I'm not sure what would have caused it to fail when you used it, but it definitely works in game.

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
It's not really a bug, but checking out your Pokemon's moves, item, and ability while your own Pokemon is trapped by Arena Trap, Shadow Tag, or Magnet Pull, would be swell

Dig does not prevent Sandstorm Damage, which it is supposed to do, or at least did in PO
You are correct, bug noted.

Snatch is bugged, it doesn't take opponents buffs at all. It would be nice to fix it, just lost because of this bug X_X.
Snatch is not implemented yet.

Any idea as to when this will be fixed?
No.

Encore is not blocked by Substitute. Maybe it was in previous Gen.

The teambuilder is saying that Agility is illegal on Deoxys-D when it obviously isn't (learn it via level up in speed form then change it back to defense form)
It seems many Deoxys is missing many level-up moves. Thanks for reporting.

This is a UI bug/feature request, not a play/mechanics bug. I notice if you have one or more PM windows open, the Lobby column is halved, so the "Watch battles" area is out of view, unless you close all PM windows. Same effect when clicking on a person's username to challenge/PM--the bottom half of their window is cut off if they happen to be in a battle.

Maybe this isn't a bug, but something I'm just doing wrong?

I can't reconnect with my username after I disconnect (bad internet connection). There's a reconnect option, but I always can't use it because of this. I can even see my match in the background...

Dusk209

No relation.
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As you can see in this video (5:08), if both players decide to switch out in the same turn, the faster pokemon switches out first. This means that if the first pokemon to switch out switches to a ditto, it will transform immediately before the opponent has a chance to switch. This doesn't happen on PS (Yes, the terrakion WAS faster in this example)

Snowflakes called Rotom-Wash back! <- here, Snowflakes should be switching out after I do, and more importantly after the imposter ability activates!
Snowflakes sent out Tyranitar!
Dusk209 called Terrakion back!
Dusk209 sent out YOU (Ditto)!
YOU transformed into Tyranitar!
The sandstorm rages.
http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-ou28044 for the original battle link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)