Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo Datamine + Full Game Leaks Collection (Read the OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So which is the faster of the speed starters? Litten? I mean a fast Fire Dark might be dope. At least Infernape beats it. :v)

Most of the Fire Emblem Snipers (from 4-12) have a solid speed stat so this actually is pretty shocking. After all it is the same company.
Game freak doesn't make fire emblem. Intelligent systems does. Nintendo "owns" them but doesn't work on making the games

I'm just sad that as far as we know and is pretty much confirmed, no new megas. Seems like it got abandoned before it eve started.
We already knew that. GF said they wanted to focus on giving every Pokemon some sort of special ability so they created Z-Moves. Now that that's out of the way and everyone has some sort of super move, they probably will go back to Megas next time.

Okay, I'm in class on my phone so forgive me for not being able to hide spoilers, but POSSIBLE(?) spoiler link:

http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/29711470

Phone formatting is gimmicky, and I'm not sure how accurate that is, but I figured someone might wanna check that out

Disappointed if that ends up being accurate.. :(
Not a spoiler, but it is just speculation, especially since we have yet to pin down exact stats for each Starter.

We already knew that. GF said they wanted to focus on giving every Pokemon some sort of special ability so they created Z-Moves. Now that that's out of the way and everyone has some sort of super move, they probably will go back to Megas next time.
Sure, but Z-Moves aren't exactly "special". This is just my opinion but I honestly feel like Z-moves are kind of a lazy cop-out super move type of deal.

I found it hilarious that people think Archers or Snipers are supposed to be fast.

In JRPG this is true given the star allocation and how most games over there calculate speed.

Meanwhile in the West we have stuff like arcane archer that on epic levels hits 25 strength and is bound to OHKO everything(or minimum cause 6 rolls of 18+(45) - 40(45) damage per turn to a single target) with the use of strength as the main base stat and extra bonuses non factoring 3x multiplier on critical.

No seriously in western PVP PNP there is little reason for an archer character to go above 13 agility unless you are one if those crazy dudes with 8 stamina at lv 40 for going double mastery with Halberd as secondary weapon wich requires 23 agility to reach its full potential.

Last edited:
Uhm... Rowlet's line's low Speed is not exactly surprising. It's an archer, right? It's more about hitting hard and accurately rather than having high mobility.

I can see Decidueye having attacking stats above 100 and Speed below 80, given how things are going so far.
One of the prime advantages of an archer over crossbows and guns (at the time) was how quick it shoot an arrow and reload it. Plus you have all those fancy 'speed shooters' that fire at very low draw weights but also very quickly.

Even if they have limited mobility for some reason, I'd expect an archer to have been reasonably fast.

Okay, I'm in class on my phone so forgive me for not being able to hide spoilers, but POSSIBLE(?) spoiler link:

http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/29711470

Phone formatting is gimmicky, and I'm not sure how accurate that is, but I figured someone might wanna check that out

Disappointed if that ends up being accurate.. :(
Well, apparently Decidueye is more like a crossbowman/arbalist, with a pavise set up to snipe and protect itself from cover. May have limited mobility, but the firing mechanism itself is decently fast so eeh. Was not expecting it to be the tanky one, though the projected Primarina and Incineroar stats match up with what I was assuming so I don't know.

Welcome to the party! Or, you know, what was the party. Sadly, the leaks have slowed to a halt for the time being, but hopefully they'll pick back up soon as Lurantis (the leaker) graces us with facts and screenshots.
Well hopefully when it does pick up I won't be the one searching for it, 4chan's format confuses the fuck out of me.

The Litten fanbase seems to be the most indecisive of the 3 but it turned out to be the best for them. First they get a cat, they hope it's not fire fighting. Sees leaks and for months pray it's not Fire Fighting. Then leaks come out and they're not but he looks rather slowish, then the game comes out and it turns out he's the fastest of the Three and probably the best competitively because of that.

That's pretty damn rewarding when you think about it.

The Litten fanbase seems to be the most indecisive of the 3 but it turned out to be the best for them. First they get a cat, they hope it's not fire fighting. Sees leaks and for months pray it's not Fire Fighting. Then leaks come out and they're not but he looks rather slowish, then the game comes out and it turns out he's the fastest of the Three and probably the best competitively because of that.

That's pretty damn rewarding when you think about it.
Yeah. I like all three starters, but I'm still picking Rowlet cause I like owls, I just wish he was a little faster, ya know?

Yeah. I like all three starters, but I'm still picking Rowlet cause I like owls, I just wish he was a little faster, ya know?
I wanted a really strong grass flying/grass ghost to checka lot of threats and I loved the sniper aspect.

Now I'm leaning towards Litten because a pro wrestling fast fire dark seems like the mon I've been waiting for. I no longer need a mega evolution for a fast fire Dark!

I know excitement is high because of the street date break, but please try to make to posts that nurture replies with meaningful discussion. If you want to make a joke or a reaction, that's fine so long as the rest of your post has some worthwhile point to it.

Sure, but Z-Moves aren't exactly "special". This is just my opinion but I honestly feel like Z-moves are kind of a lazy cop-out super move type of deal.
This has nothing to do with the definition of "special". A special/super move is a gigantic devastating attack in a game. We don't need webster's dictionary to help figure out what it means.

How about this... They want every Pokemon to be capable of performing something fantastical. Happy?

They already explained that it sucks when a fan doesn't get a Mega for a Pokemon they like. (None of my favorites have a mega yet aside from Megagross and I think his looks awful) while Z moves are usable on anyone so everyone's favorite Pokemon can do something that looks badass. The end. Don't care for your opinion on it. I'm just telling you how it is.

Jeez I'm cranky.

Slow ghost/grass mixed attacked, RIP to the OU dream. Might be interesting in UU or NU though depending on the movepool and HA. I saw Gumshoos in the same thread and it had pretty meh looking stats too.

Lurantis got even more shit on though, his Lurantis is about the same level and has even less speed. Salandit2 is actually fast though, might be useful in VGC given that it's the only x4 fairy resist in the meta IIRC.

Also Toucannon (pikipek3) looks fairly slow and LOSES SKILL LINK FOR KEEN EYE. Poor starter birds never get to be good.

Oh, so Robinhoot gets Sucker Punch, well thats good given how slow it is.
Also cool, exclusive Z-moves! I do wonder what it looks like or if it has some special effect other than just damage, any clue?

Salandit2 is actually fast though, might be useful in VGC given that it's the only x4 fairy resist in the meta IIRC
You forgot Heatran.

Slow ghost/grass mixed attacked, RIP to the OU dream. Might be interesting in UU or NU though depending on the movepool and HA. I saw Gumshoos in the same thread and it had pretty meh looking stats too.

Lurantis got even more shit on though, his Lurantis is about the same level and has even less speed. Salandit2 is actually fast though, might be useful in VGC given that it's the only x4 fairy resist in the meta IIRC.

Also Toucannon (pikipek3) looks fairly slow and LOSES SKILL LINK FOR KEEN EYE. Poor starter birds never get to be good.
Heatran has 4x resist Fairy

E: Accelgor'd

Pikipek has always been able to have Keen Eye or Skill Link so this is probably just a different Toucannon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)