Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo Datamine + Full Game Leaks Collection (Read the OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding Crabrawler's evo: I love that Pokemon's version of a yeti crab is the Abominable Snow Monster from Rudolph. That's pure Game Freak right there.

Woodpeckers and toucans all fit in the Piciforme Order of birds. A woodpecker evolving into a Toucan pokemon is incredibly straightforward and simple compared to a dove to a quail, both in concept and design.
I am well aware of bird taxonomy, thank you very much. And even knowing that, I completely disagree that Pikipek's line is either straightforward or simple, simply by virtue of the fact that woodpeckers and toucans don't actually look alike. It's a very jarring transition to me, much more so than a pigeon to a pheasant, even more so than say Magikarp to Gyarados or hell even Remoraid to Octillery (which is so bizarre it actually wraps back around into the realm of acceptability).

This here is like, I don't know, bird uncanny valley. Like, I kind of get what they were going for, but it really doesn't work at all for me. When I first heard we were getting a little woodpecker pokemon, I wanted it to evolve into a bigger woodpecker pokemon, or at least something that looked like a bigger woodpecker.

So Pyukumuku confirmed no evolution? Didn't see a model ripped for him. That honestly surprises me. I thought he would be a 3 stage mon. I know he has an interesting ability but it just didn't scream single stage to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)