Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo Datamine + Full Game Leaks Collection (Read the OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
imo

Incineroar is the Chesnaught (physical tank) of this gen

Decidueye is the Greninja (speedy mixed attacker)

Primarina is the Delphox (special attacker with speed between Incineroar and Decidueye)

imo

Primarina is the Delphox (special attacker with speed between Incineroar and Decidueye)
Decidueye is most likely physically preferred because all moves shown used by it's evolutionary line so far are physical no special moves but he might be be only slightly favoring like blaziken

imo

Primarina seems bulky & special, it gives off some heavy milotic vibes. Incineroar has been displayed using a decent mix of physical and special attacks, so it's probably the mixed attacker if anyone

Can't wait for Gen 8's RPG starters as well :3 (Wheres my Summoner[Man imagen a move that summoned a mon in a singles battle like Totem pokemon O.O That'd be so cool] and Dragoon GF?)

Chesnaught - Knight
Greninja - Ninja/Assassin
Delphox - Black Mage
Decidueye - Archer
Primarina - Bard/Dancer
Incineroar - Berserker

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
well it's sumo related at least.. going by what we've gotten from the niconico stream for litten and the post from marty http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...icial-media-only.3584807/page-25#post-7058511 here's my thoughts on that:

Incinerorar: frail, fast mixed attacker slight preference for physical. Hopefully better houndoom.

Primarina: specially bulky, special attack focused as strange as it might sound feel like this is our delphox for gen 7 with likely less speed.

Decidueye: (where I hope I'm dead wrong with all the curveballs this gen has thrown us) Going off the hp values marty calculated with rowlet having the highest base hp guessing bulky physical attacker with middling speed little higher than primarina but much lower than incineroar.

As far as moves go decidueye receiving both roost and wow would be nice and we can hope they don't forget to give tapu lele trick room.

Last edited:
I'm a little confuzzled by primarina's signature move. It sounds like it deals damage, but it also heals burns? Who am I meant to aim this at? I can't put scald on primarina, since the two will conflict. I supposed I could use it on an ally, but Primarina is likely a slow tank and it seems like a waste of a turn to hit your own pokemon just to remove burn when you can simply heal bell the entire team. You'd think Water Absorb might help, but if I remember correctly water absorb completely negates the move altogether, preventing the burn healing effects.

EDIT: Maybe it has insane base power.

I'm a little confuzzled by primarina's signature move. It sounds like it deals damage, but it also heals burns? Who am I meant to aim this at? I can't put scald on primarina, since the two will conflict. I supposed I could use it on an ally, but Primarina is likely a slow tank and it seems like a waste of a turn to hit your own pokemon just to remove burn when you can simply heal bell the entire team. You'd think Water Absorb might help, but if I remember correctly water absorb completely negates the move altogether, preventing the burn healing effects.

EDIT: Maybe it has insane base power.
The current thought process is it works like Smelling Salt and Wake Up Slap

A 70 base power move that heals a specific status and if it does, it deals double damage

So, I asked this question before, and I didn't get an answer, likely because things were a little crazy.

Has there been any kind of evidence that the datamined Alolan pokemon is the entire list of new pokemon?

I ask because while I'm leaning toward assuming that what was datamined was the extent of what we are getting, such an assumption is incongruous with some other information:

- Some of the "leaks" mentioned a dolphin and a snowman

- IGN's article about playing sun and moon mentioned "new directions with Pokemon from Gold/Silver and Ruby/Sapphire". I tried to find the article again but I don't have time to dig through all the hyped-up garbage in the google results.

- Some of the things that "Riddler" was teasing could have been perceived to imply that more RBY Pokemon were getting Alolan forms.

So, what's the verdict? If the only conflicting information was one or two questionable "leaks", I wouldn't be asking this question, but there's more conflicting information than that, and I've been too busy with university stuff to keep track of it.

So, I asked this question before, and I didn't get an answer, likely because things were a little crazy.

Has there been any kind of evidence that the datamined Alolan pokemon is the entire list of new pokemon?

I ask because while I'm leaning toward assuming that what was datamined was the extent of what we are getting, such an assumption is incongruous with some other information:

- Some of the "leaks" mentioned a dolphin and a snowman

- IGN's article about playing sun and moon mentioned "new directions with Pokemon from Gold/Silver and Ruby/Sapphire". I tried to find the article again but I don't have time to dig through all the hyped-up garbage in the google results.

- Some of the things that "Riddler" was teasing could have been perceived to imply that more RBY Pokemon were getting Alolan forms.

So, what's the verdict? If the only conflicting information was one or two questionable "leaks", I wouldn't be asking this question, but there's more conflicting information than that, and I've been too busy with university stuff to keep track of it.
the snowman is almost 100% the yeti crab. the chinese characters for snowman can be read as omsething like an abominable snowman or yeti.
the dolphin is probably referring to Tapu Fini. While it's more of a marlin, the way it moves while in its shell and general vagueness can have it be misinterpreted as such

the GS & RS comment always struck me as the reporter not remembering who was in it. Dont forget that a number of alolan forms were available in all three of those game. Grimer, for instance. Meanwhile interviews have, i believe, confirmed that only gen 1 pokemon are getting those forms.

the snowman is almost 100% the yeti crab. the chinese characters for snowman can be read as omsething like an abominable snowman or yeti.
the dolphin is probably referring to Tapu Fini. While it's more of a marlin, the way it moves while in its shell and general vagueness can have it be misinterpreted as such

the GS & RS comment always struck me as the reporter not remembering who was in it. Dont forget that a number of alolan forms were available in all three of those game. Grimer, for instance. Meanwhile interviews have, i believe, confirmed that only gen 1 pokemon are getting those forms.
Alright, thanks for the clarification.

The "snowman" actually being Crabrawler's evolution does make sense, and we already have Abomasnow, so I wouldn't expect Gamefreak to retread that concept.

Decidueye is most likely physically preferred because all moves shown used by it's evolutionary line so far are physical no special moves but he might be be only slightly favoring like blaziken
Actually, Dartrix is shown using Energy Ball in the latest overview trailer. Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean anything, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

I think she will be a special with good defenses, I don't have a clearly idea about her stats or Hidden ability.

But sadly I think Primarina will be replaced by Tapu Fini.
Misty Surge does give Fini an edge, but Primarina and Brionne are both described as performing in moonlight. If that means that Primarina actually learns Moonlight, that will be a huge boon for it, especially if Tapu Fini lacks a reliable healing move. And if it gets Heal Bell (either now, or eventually via Tutors), that will mean we have a Water/Fairy Cleric, which is incredible. Also, Scald will likely not be picking up burns with Misty Terrain in effect, so that's a point to Primarina, at the very least.

I really hope Tapu Fini doesn't end up outclassing Primarina, though. I want them to serve different roles despite their identical Typing. Because I swear, if GF gave us an awesome Water/Fairy Starter, just to usurp it with a Legend in the same Gen that's a straight upgrade, I will fly to Japan and slap Masuda right across face (or at least write him a sternly worded letter).

I could see Decidueye being either Physical or Special since arrows are ranged weapons. my guess is balanced attack and sp.atk, with bulky hp and fast speed (I think it'll be faster then incineroar)

Misty Surge does give Fini an edge, but Primarina and Brionne are both described as performing in moonlight. If that means that Primarina actually learns Moonlight, that will be a huge boon for it, especially if Tapu Fini lacks a reliable healing move. And if it gets Heal Bell (either now, or eventually via Tutors), that will mean we have a Water/Fairy Cleric, which is incredible. Also, Scald will likely not be picking up burns with Misty Terrain in effect, so that's a point to Primarina, at the very least.

I really hope Tapu Fini doesn't end up outclassing Primarina, though. I want them to serve different roles despite their identical Typing. Because I swear, if GF gave us an awesome Water/Fairy Starter, just to usurp it with a Legend in the same Gen that's a straight upgrade, I will fly to Japan and slap Masuda right across face (or at least write him a sternly worded letter).
From the Japanese trailer of the final starter evolutions we saw Tapu Fini outspeed Magmar(who has 93 base speed), so she'll probably be a speedy frail special attacker whilst Primarina is the slow bulky one, but then again, even Uxie outpseeds Magmar so who knows for sure lol, but I'm 85% certain that Fini will be closer to Azelf than Uxie in terms of speed, because Lele and Bulu seem like they'll be on the slower side.

A Water/Fairy cleric sounds hilarious btw, I can already taste the salty tears.

They say that, but they sell a lot of pokémon along other merchandise stuff. at 5th gen, you could buy tcg stuff or even some kind of bread to won codes to redeem pokémon at global link. In japan at 6th gen you could buy merchandise stuff to get codes, that codes should be redeemed at pokemon japanese site, when you complete a certain number of codes, you could win special pokémon like HA birds, or victini, it depends on the epoch. I'm from Brazil, the only chance I had to participate on a promotion at gamestop when I was travelling in the US, they obligate me to buy stuff to win the code, and I had only one, that I gave to my wife.
Gamespot codes are usually Free though... >_> Someone did something they weren't supposed to. And yes, they have done giveaways like that, but it's less Microtransactions and more Promotional stuff related to other things.

From the Japanese trailer of the final starter evolutions we saw Tapu Fini outspeed Magmar(who has 93 base speed), so she'll probably be a speedy frail special attacker whilst Primarina is the slow bulky one, but then again, even Uxie outpseeds Magmar so who knows for sure lol, but I'm 85% certain that Fini will be closer to Azelf than Uxie in terms of speed, because Lele and Bulu seem like they'll be on the slower side.

A Water/Fairy cleric sounds hilarious btw, I can already taste the salty tears.
Water/Fairy seems like a pretty neat defensive type combo, so I do wanna see the design space utilized. Can't wait til the game comes out to actually figure all that stuff out.

UPDATE: Falo from Serebii Forums has come through again and determined that Rayquaza cannot Mega Evolve while holding a Z-Crystal.

It doesn't make it any less broken, but this does mean that we won't have to worry about a Mega Evolved Dragon Ascent based Flying Z-Move, I guess.

Original Post Here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...ST-POST-SPOILER-HEAVY&p=18256371#post18256371
Well, that one is quite significant...ly lazy. I bet it's just because they didn't bother programming that special case for how to display both the Mega Evolution and Z Move buttons at the same time in the screen.

Because for balance... it's too unlikely, considering they don't really bother to make balanced legendaries, after all. Their power depends on how they woke up the day they had to set it up.

Last edited:
I mean...do you WANT Mega-Rayquaza to be able to us Z-moves lol?
It probably was a mixture, considering they have made balanced legends before; see Zekrom/Reshiram and presumably Solgaleo/Lunala, who I don't think will be that good. >>

Well, that one is quite significant...ly lazy. I bet it's just because they didn't bother programming that special case for how to display both the Mega Evolution and Z Move buttons at the same time in the screen.

Because for balance... it's too unlikely, considering they don't really bother to make balanced legendaries, after all. Their power depends on how they woke up the day they had to set it up.
I imagine it has more to do with the fact that no other Mega Evolution can use Z-Moves. They have to hold their Mega Stones and thus cannot hold a Z-Crystal. Preventing Mega Rayquaza from using one is just tying up loose ends.

Has it been found out whether you can Mega Evolve and use Z-Moves in the same battle at all? I'd imagine we can, but this new information got me thinking that both Mega Evolutions and Z-Moves are canonically explained as the trainer loading up his Pokémon with their own energy (a note you can find in ORAS explains this), only for different purposes.

Now, a bit of speculation on my part, but I imagine that the reason (in the story, not the actual reason) we can't do either of them more than once per battle is because the trainer doesn't have enough energy for that, so it would make sense to make the player choose between using a single Mega-Evolution or a single Z-Move. It would probably make sense from a balance perspective, as well, since the power creep was steep enough last gen.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Has it been found out whether you can Mega Evolve and use Z-Moves in the same battle at all? I'd imagine we can, but this new information got me thinking that both Mega Evolutions and Z-Moves are canonically explained as the trainer loading up his Pokémon with their own energy (a note you can find in ORAS explains this), only for different purposes.

Now, a bit of speculation on my part, but I imagine that the reason (in the story, not the actual reason) we can't do either of them more than once per battle is because the trainer doesn't have enough energy for that, so it would make sense to make the player choose between using a single Mega-Evolution or a single Z-Move. It would probably make sense from a balance perspective, as well, since the power creep was steep enough last gen.
Well I would more explain it that the Key Stone and the Z-Crystal gets burned out after one use during a battle.

Didn't a recent interview with Ohmuri & Masuda basically say they kept mega evolution in the post game so you could get used to z moves before introducing another concept on top of it

I feel if it was one or the other, they would have outlined this when they reintroduced mega evolutions.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Didn't a recent interview with Ohmuri & Masuda basically say they kept mega evolution in the post game so you could get used to z moves before introducing another concept on top of it

I feel if it was one or the other, they would have outlined this when they reintroduced mega evolutions.
I think it was they didn't make any new Mega Evolutions as they wanted to focus on Z-Moves (which to me is a slippery slope, if you completely focus on the new mechanics then that means previous new mechanics will never be added upon. GF is always introducing new stuff, so does that mean in Gen VIII that there won't be new Mega Evos or Z-Moves because they want to focus on the new mechanic... which would then be equally ignored in Gen IX for its new mechanic, etc.).

We're getting the Key Stone and a Mega Stone from Dexio and Sina and I'm assumed its during the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)