SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo Discussion

Well, we may not have all the stats we wanted (how were we supposed to know Gamefreak would make a decent decision regarding hiding Pokémon) but what do we know at least?

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Something we can still find out if is Jangmo-o is the psuedo. I think the first stages have a specific BST and EXP growth.

It appears that paralysis mechanics have changed.

My Greninja with 130 Speed outsped a 62 Speed Pikachu the turn after Static paralysed me.

The 1/4 full paralysis chance seems to have stayed.
Holy shit.

Last edited:

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I spent ages carefully leveling up a Pikipek in the catching game and it didn't evolve so it seems like either evolution is disabled or it evolves really late (probably the former).

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
A bit disappointing with the stats. But getting the dex, typings, and movepools will be useful.

It appears that paralysis mechanics have changed.

My Greninja with 130 Speed outsped a 62 Speed Pikachu the turn after Static paralysed me.

The 1/4 full paralysis chance seems to have stayed.
How do you know Pikachu is 62 speed if you were facing it?

A minor question about Ash-Greninja: Is the form kept after switching out?

Also... I don't understand why concealing the stats in the demo. Unless it's based on a very early version... they don't get any benefits from hiding.

When you catch a pokemon with a full party, you now can choose whether to send it to the PC (or the nature equivalent of the PC) or swap it out with a member of your party. Pretty nice.
Nuzlockers rejoice.

I spent ages carefully leveling up a Pikipek in the catching game and it didn't evolve so it seems like either evolution is disabled or it evolves really late (probably the former).
Yeah, I'm going to say it's the former too. It would make no sense for the early game bird to evolve really late.

We'd need empirical confirmation, but for now I welcome the supposed change on paralysis. It's a stupidly powerful status given how reliable certain moves (Thunder Wave and Glare) are at spreading it.

Can somebody check if Pikachu's stats have changed at all? I am curious if they're going to change stats for old mons (like they did for gen 6) outside of Alola forms.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)