SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Full Game Datamine General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really wondering what the flag changes on a lot of the non-dance moves are all about. Looks like the following moves got a change:

Scratch
Bind
Wrap
Bite
Quick Attack
Fury Swipes
Fury Cutter
Metal Claw

On further examination, it looks like these have the save flags they always had: makes contact, can be blocked by Protect, can be copied by Mirror Move. I wonder why the data dump claims they've changed.

Hah, Corsola got +30 to it's BST and Liquidation, a consistent 85 BP physical water type move. It's not going to shake up any meta, but Corsola is one of my favorite Pokemon. Cute to see it get some itsy bitsy buffs.

Anybody been talking about the new items? Terrain Extender seems like just what people have been wanting. And Adrenalie Orb...not sure what to make of that one.

So, who else is looking forward to using Eviolite Type: Null?

Also, Psychic Fangs is intriguing. 85 BP AND it destroys screens. Very nice.

Oh, and Smart Strike Hustle Togekiss, anyone? XP

Anyone got in-game proof Unaware was nerfed?
Here you go: Skip to 1:21

i feel like i've seen the same exact "stall is dead" posts every single generation since 4
Lol I know right? Yes, Stall is dead and gone. Please ignore the giant water poison type with a Spiky Shield that poisons, the pokemon who has a Sand version of Synthesis, and the pokemon with priority healing.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
So, who else is looking forward to using Eviolite Type: Null?
I've already crashed that hype train in the treads for individual Pokemon threads.
The Eviolite nerf is Not confirmed yet which makes Type: Null sound viable. Right? Lets compare it to its closest competition.

These are Type: Null's stats to Porygon 2's Stats:

95/95/95/95/95/59 vs 85/80/90/105/95/60

So, Type: Null is better? Err, no...
Porygon 2 has one move that makes it way better than Type: Null, Recover.

SOUL DEW NERF!

"Soul Dew: A wondrous orb to be held by either Latios or Latias. It Raises the power of Psychic- and Dragon-type moves."
I think I remember seeing this earlier in the thread. It raises Psychic and Dragon damage by 20%, right? Kind of like an Adamant/Lustrous/Griseous Orb for the Lati twins. I could see this being a very popular item on the two in OU, especially on Defog + Roost + STABs sets. You get slightly less of a boost compared to the Life Orb, but you don't suffer recoil, which is great considering the Lati twins pride themselves on the defensive utility they offer.

Yep this us going full casual e sport...

There is pretty much no incentive to play stall anymore, as a 1 turn fuck up means you are still outspeed, you can't stop a set up without suicidio or sacking and in general is less rewarding as a player experience.

They fucked up big time. As now the game will be centralized around this, also Chansey, Zapdos and rocky helmet full defense Landorus T will be working full time in balance.

This is what happens when a game caters to casual play, it goes to shit.
lmfao yea only now does Pokemon cater to casual play

the game designed to appeal primarily to children

and balanced primarily around doubles

kek

Nos that Alakazam -> Mega-Alakazam is a 100 BST transition like all the other Megas, my slightly OCD self is very pleased.

Although I'm bummed that Silvally does not even come close to rivaling Arceus.

Does anyone know if X-Scissor has been buffed? Now that Leech Seed is what it is, the fact that X-Scissor remains in the TM List better means it has an additional perk, or a higher BP.

I think I remember seeing this earlier in the thread. It raises Psychic and Dragon damage by 20%, right? Kind of like an Adamant/Lustrous/Griseous Orb for the Lati twins. I could see this being a very popular item on the two in OU, especially on Defog + Roost + STABs sets. You get slightly less of a boost compared to the Life Orb, but you don't suffer recoil, which is great considering the Lati twins pride themselves on the defensive utility they offer.
Latios will probably still run LO/Specs over this because of the boost to HP Fire/EQ/Surf/whatever coverage...but Latias will love it. Bulky Defog Latias with Roost/Defog/STAB loves this and doesn't lose out on much power at all.

Nos that Alakazam -> Mega-Alakazam is a 100 BST transition like all the other Megas, my slightly OCD self is very pleased.

Does anyone know if X-Scissor has been buffed? Now that Leech Seed is what it is, the fact that X-Scissor remains in the TM List better means it has an additional perk, or a higher BP.
XScissor trumps Leech Life most of the time solely because the leech life tm did not go to a lot of pokemon.

XScissor trumps Leech Life most of the time solely because the leech life tm did not go to a lot of pokemon.
So, limited distribution? I see. I suppose it's another Sludge Wave/Sludge Bomb situation, although Leech Life is quite unequivocally the better move compared to X-Scissor.

Looking through the locations of Pokémon it seems that there are different encounters in different patches of grass in any route, which will make Nuzlockes easier (because you can possibly choose which type of grass you'll use) or more monotonous (if you're forced through a patch of grass that just contains 2-4 Pokémon).

I don't understand what's going on with Leech Life. They made it a TM, but didn't change its distribution. So Pokémon that could benefit from it (e.g., Beedrill, Pinsir, Scizor) don't get it. Also why does a cat and a pangolin (Incineroar and Alolan Sandslash) learn this move? If those two learn it, other fanged Pokémon should.

I don't understand what's going on with Leech Life. They made it a TM, but didn't change its distribution. So Pokémon that could benefit from it (e.g., Beedrill, Pinsir, Scizor) don't get it. Also why does a cat and a pangolin (Incineroar and Alolan Sandslash) learn this move? If those two learn it, other fanged Pokémon should.
they made that aurora viel move a TM and gave it to 13 pokemon

somehow, this did not include the incredibly frail ice type based on and named after auroras

That's just great imo. If Silvally had 600+ bst and a better movepool it would definitely get banned and be forever in Arceus's shadow as one of the garbage ubers alongside Darkrai and Mega Kangaskhan. Also I am hoping it isn't too broken as Silvally would be a very interesting addition to our tiers.

Sad about Talonflame, I thought it was one of the coolest gen 6 mons with a very simple but powerful gimmick. And since it had such low attack and lack of coverage moves it never felt broken. Now it's just another NU mon :(

Lol I know right? Yes, Stall is dead and gone. Please ignore the giant water poison type with a Spiky Shield that poisons, the pokemon who has a Sand version of Synthesis, and the pokemon with priority healing.
Didn't think healing was intrinsically stall-type...

I feel a bit conflicted here. I'm not fond of the very concept of stall (despite liking Toxapex, at least in its Merciless incarnation), but neither do I like blinding-fast offense--I certainly have no use for Choice items of any sort. (I think I'm mostly bulky offense, with some cripple-them-THEN-go-in-for-the-kill...Maybe I should swap Toxapex for Merciless Crobat. >>; ) Taking (a few of) the comments here at face value, that seems to mark me as neither hardcore-friendly (Norne's comment suggested to me that stall is some sort of lynchpin for serious play) nor casual-friendly (I can't wrap my head around the Timmy mentality at all; is raw power really so appealing on its own?). Where on Earth does that leave me? (Note that my discomfort with both hardcore and casual probably extends to all games...)

I worry about a comment someone once made at the GameFAQs boards (...quiet) about how they thought singles was impossible to balance, because it was possible to play not to lose--something they said should not be possible in the first place. I have a feeling they were speaking of stall in general there. I only saw such a comment once, although it obviously made an impression on me. I still wonder about its applicability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)